• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bishop of Briggs
Ferragamo is too fashion forward for my taste. It's for those who wear Rolexes, drive Mercs etc - flash but no class.

i love audis but the resale value are just too bad here
facepalm.gif

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Ferragamo is too fashion forward for my taste. It's for those who wear Rolexes, drive Mercs etc - flash but no class.

A Merc = flash?

It's amazing how out of touch you are.

Nothing says flash like some middle aged guy driving an e series sedan!

DandySF

Reaction score
I like some of the Ferragamo loafers, the ones with the metal bits. Man cannot live by Goodyear welted shoes alone.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not be seen dead wearing Ecco.

So you would only be seen wearing ECCO alive then, I see.

junior varsity

Reaction score
i dont really get how this forum criticizes all the fashion brands.
to 99.99% of the people out there, ferragamo, gucci, prada shoes are probably considered ridiculous and quality.

because lets face it- how many people really spend $1000+ on shoes.
some here claim that the tremezza line is the only line worth buying, yeah but at MSRP of $750+ how many can really budget several pairs for daily wear?

i just got a pair of their "Andrea" style from neiman marcus (its ferragamo's mainline), it is not bad.
Not jaw dropping good, but not bad like some here make it seem. It is very sleek, styling is very nice, i am very low to the ground unlike thick ass good year welts that makes a person look like they are wearing down syndrome shoes. Leather is pretty soft, but not buttery soft like Santonis at around the same price range. Leather upper doesnt look like kenneth cole's faux looking leather.
Most people, from girls, to associates from nordstroms can kind of tell it is fancy schmancy.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of tramezza, and each I managed to get at 50% off retail. I have found it quite easy to find nice shoes in my size (10-10.5) during sales at the Ferragamo boutiques.
I am very happy with my tramezza shoes. I was also reasonably happy with some of my studio shoes.
However, I generally prefer Santoni over Ferragamo, in what regards the way they look.

tom delgado

Reaction score
Any body interested in a Ferragamo white patent calf shoes? Uk 9,5. Thanks

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
By and large, this forum membership isn't comprised of the 99%. For people with an awareness of th broad cross-section of quality footwear available today (of which there are a great many examples well south of $1k) Ferragamo is a tough sell indeed.

jrocco

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly...

"Class" is a descriptor of a person's taste and sense of style. NOT a reflection of the kind of watch they wear or car they drive. Seems to me, Bishop of Briggs is the one lacking in the class department...

jrocco

Reaction score
You need to get a clue. Because you certainly don't know **** about Mercedes-Benz vehicles -- nevermind taste. As someone who owns a 1984 300D Turbo Diesel and a 2005 E55 AMG, I can say with the utmost confidence that you have your head all the way up your ass, pal.

jrocco

Reaction score
Wow. I have six pairs of Ferragamo shoes (three loafers/drivers and three lace-ups) and their average age is almost 11-years old; two pair, in fact, are approaching 17 years old now and EVERY pair are still in terrific shape. New soles aside, they're still going strong and still looking great! Definitely my favorite brand; the only other brand I own more of is Allen Edmonds and I have three pair of the Sandford bluchers (one of each color: Black, Bourbon, and Cordovan) all purchased late-April 1996 and still looking almost new. Indeed, two of these are now ready for a fourth re-soling job and at $80 a re-sole, I'd say that AE have been the absolute best value for the money of ANY dress shoe I've ever purchased. And they're just as comfortable as Ferragamo (though I don't buy AE loafers...when it comes to loafers and drivers, I only buy Ferragamo)

Sactogeoff

Reaction score
Wow. I have six pairs of Ferragamo shoes (three loafers/drivers and three lace-ups) and their average age is almost 11-years old; two pair, in fact, are approaching 17 years old now and EVERY pair are still in terrific shape. New soles aside, they're still going strong and still looking great! Definitely my favorite brand; the only other brand I own more of is Allen Edmonds and I have three pair of the Sandford bluchers (one of each color: Black, Bourbon, and Cordovan) all purchased late-April 1996 and still looking almost new. Indeed, two of these are now ready for a fourth re-soling job and at $80 a re-sole, I'd say that AE have been the absolute best value for the money of ANY dress shoe I've ever purchased. And they're just as comfortable as Ferragamo (though I don't buy AE loafers...when it comes to loafers and drivers, I only buy Ferragamo)
Funny you should mention 11yr old Ferragamos. I don't know the exact history, perhaps someone here does, but at some time between when you bought your 11yr old shoes (and I bought my 13yr old horse bit loafers) Ferragamo sort of "sold out". Meaning they started separating into TWO grades of footwear. Those with stitched thick leather soles and those with full rubber or thinner leather soles. The quality has dropped on all but the high end ones. And even those don't seem as robust as the older models. That being said, I just took delivery of my first pair of Carmina shoes and without a doubt they are higher quality than any of my Ferragamos. That's not to say I'm gonna stop wearing my Ferragamo (or the Zegna couture by Ferragamo). But in my limited but firsthand experience, there are certainly better values in high quality shoes out there. Noboby around here will argue that Allen Edmonds isn't a great value. But they will likely cite they don't care for the very conservative and limiting styles. A the risk of being flogged, I feel the same way about Alden. I just don't get it. But their boots are sweet!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads