• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Salvatore Ferragamo lace up

alt.don

Reaction score
I am looking at buying this shoe for wear with casual pants such as my Brax jeans/pants. Unable to embed the pic so please see the link below. It has an aggressive lug tread which I think would make it okay with the jeans and casual Brax pants. That said, I rarely wear a shoe with a naked toe unless I am wearing dress pants. Your thoughts on the shoe and pant combination? Not to mention if anyone has a pair and what they think of them comfort wise.

http://www.harryrosen.com/eng/produc..._shoe?77770663

DandySF

Reaction score
I think the lug sole gives it a casual look. Great looking shoe.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I own either that model or a model that's very similar. (I can't remember the model name of mine--I discarded the box.) Mine is black pebble grain. I think they work very well with jeans. (Full disclosure though: I'm not an SW&D type at all, so my judgment might be bad!)

I'd say they're reasonably comfortable. Not the most comfortable pair of shoes I own, certainly, but not too bad either. (In my experience, Ferragamos run a little narrow.)

alt.don

Reaction score
Question on your black pebble grain SF shoes. Over time and with our polishing them (with applied shoes polish and brush) did you find the pebble finish getting smoothed out? I spend 17 years in the Army and our boots were very much pebble finish that smoothed out after many, many polishings, as described above.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, I haven't had that problem. It's possible that the pebble grain may have smoothed out a little bit over time, but they're still obviously pebble grained. (I am pretty good about polishing regularly, but I'm sure my regimen is less rigorous than yours!)

alt.don

Reaction score
Glad to hear it, should have reread my email and edited it for grammar before posting. Will be stopping by tomorrow at the local Harry Rosen to pick up a pair of the aforementioned. I've heard they are very comfortable. Look forward to finding out.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd personally get the AE San Marco's over those.

alt.don

Reaction score
Bearing in mind the wonders of Google could you kick me a link to what you mean for the AD San Marcos? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads