1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Salvaging a bargain

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by faustian bargain, Jul 3, 2004.

1. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

ok i have a vague understanding that thos pink is not held in the highest regard, but hear me out.

i picked up a Pink shirt (blue with thin white vertical stripes) for a song at the thrift store...everything fits except the sleeves are way too short. a little wear around the collar, as well.

i'm not a fan of short sleeved shirts. a little too 'barney miller' for my taste.

- make some kind of avante garde/punk statement? (sleeveless? sew on new sleeves in contrasting color?)

- cannibalize the fabric? (pillows? patches? jacket lining? xmas stockings?)

- eBay?

anyone have any favorite uses for shirts of such condition?

/andrew

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yep, roll the sleeves up and wear it untucked.

3. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

sounds good, although i will need to get the tails shortened...it would look like a nightshirt as-is.