• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Salvage Jeans - from Australia...?

savage

Reaction score
Have anyone heard of the denim line Salvage (I think that's how you spell it), from Australia. I know there is one called Selvage, but this one is Salvage or Salvadge.. some thing like that. Anyway, I know it's from Australia, and one of the styles have this resin coating on it.

I've been looking for it, for awhile not but to no avail. Any info woudl be greatly appreciated, website, showroom, whatever....

<<I know Famous Friends had it for sale over the summer, may be i'll have to call Richard...>>

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage
Have anyone heard of the denim line Salvage (I think that's how you spell it), from Australia. I know there is one called Selvage, but this one is Salvage or Salvadge.. some thing like that. Anyway, I know it's from Australia, and one of the styles have this resin coating on it.

I've been looking for it, for awhile not but to no avail. Any info woudl be greatly appreciated, website, showroom, whatever....

<<I know Famous Friends had it for sale over the summer, may be i'll have to call Richard...>>

Are you sure about that? The only one I heard of from Australia is "Selvedge". That is the one sold at Famous Friends unless they sell two brands from Australia...

savage

Reaction score
Ohh maybe that's it..

Is there a website?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is, or was as of 2 years ago, also a company called &quot;Salvage&quot;, either American or Canadian. All the models I've seen are pretty distressed - stuff that would go well with Morphine Generation or Unholy Grail stuff. Not really my favorite.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Salvage is crap. Vintage graphic tees, etc. sold next to the True Religions at Nordstrom. Gross.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Selvage is Australian. Produced out of Melbourne, not bad but overpriced in my opinion

Salvage is a tacky Cut & Sew brand from Los Angeles.

I think there is also a Japanese brand called Savage!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Selvage is Australian. Produced out of Melbourne, not bad but overpriced in my opinion

Salvage is a tacky Cut & Sew brand from Los Angeles.

I think there is also a Japanese brand called Savage!

Oops you are right its Selvage not Selvedge. You will know it if you see it because on the label inside the waist it says "Made in " with a shape of Australia next to it.

savage

Reaction score
yeah, that's what i was confused about.. They owner was like it's Selvage, not Salvage.. .

anyone know, off hand, if there is a website?

Thanks.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage
yeah, that's what i was confused about.. They owner was like it's Selvage, not Salvage.. .

anyone know, off hand, if there is a website?

Thanks.

offhand, I am pretty sure there is no site. There is almost no mention of them on the internet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads