• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Salvage Brand

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H&M is bad quality, but its decent enough for basics.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
I don't really like buckle. I look for rare designs and designs that stand out. They don't really carry anything in store that stands out. Manchester / Archaic is somewhat nice, but too new looking.

Out of all the Affliction shirts I only like less than 5, based on designs. Same with the thermals. Any thermal feels great.

Also, they don't carry Salvage, that's why all I really wanted to know in the beginning of this thread who the founder was and where this style spawned out of. I didn't hear of the brand till I did some online shopping at revolveclothing.com

Hey PG2G, I'm from LA too what are some good boutiques to browse?

Let me make another thread on B.Son and tell me what your opinions are on it.. since there doesn't seem to be a thread on it.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, what Hollywood spots do you go to?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have nothing against graphics on tees in general, and for what it's worth, one of the co-founders of Salvage is actually a regular poster here. I will not out him, but some know of whom I speak.

I dislike Affliction and Salvage tees because the graphics are unimaginative and unoriginal, (Memento mori skulls, snakes, wings, roses, and daggers are born from a 13 year old's imagination after a round of Dungeons & Dragons) not to mention that they were done to death... about 5 years ago, and the fashion world hasn't really recuperated enough for another round. That, combined with the fact that the prices charged are exorbitant for the product - tees are a cash cow for every fashion company, as even the most expensive processes for dyeing (discharge, 3-D, etc...), washing, and distress treatments only raise the cost so much) make me dislike the brands even more.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
borntoroamls.jpg
Unique as ****.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Highlands / Vanguard but I'm getting sick of those places. Nowadays I go out to Old town Pasadena or Downtown fullerton / Costa Mesa

no wmmk.. that's just gay. I have an eye for designs (print or signature pieces of the clothing) that stand out. I know what works and doesn't work in a club. And what works / doesn't work in a normal social setting.
But I want to experiment with more styles so I don't lure myself into a corner

True, I kind of dislike some of the Salvage graphics as well. Illegible, unsensible, plain. But some are arranged in a way that it just works, even if it is simple.

Do the Salvage founders want to remain unknown or something? I'm just curious why there's no website because I want to see their whole collection.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go to Highlands every once in a while, it was kinda ghetto last time I went. Which was actually quite nice, makes it that much easier to stand out and style on fools :p I've been to Vanguard a few times, but its always so asian.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
that's strange, my friends say that highlands is really ghetto and asian, so we go to vanguard most of the time.

I really wanna check out the Revolve Clothing store that I just found out is somewhere in Hollywood. Any idea how big it is? They carry so many brands, must be huge.

Smeed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
borntoroamls.jpg

Unique as ****.

Nothing beats wolves, american flags or eagles. Well its your lucky day, you can 2/3!

wolfshirtAF2.jpg

Next up, silky button downs with dragons and flames.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
that's strange, my friends say that highlands is really ghetto and asian, so we go to vanguard most of the time.

I really wanna check out the Revolve Clothing store that I just found out is somewhere in Hollywood. Any idea how big it is? They carry so many brands, must be huge.

Maybe it just depends on the night. Revolve store is supposedly pretty small and carries only a subset of what they have online. Though I want to say u can have them send stuff to the retail store to try on, but I may have pulled that out of ******.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
I know you're messing around, but in all seriousness that kind of print (huge wolf/flag on empty bluish background) doesn't blend which is why it's so horrible.

If you look at certain affliction shirts, the whole design blends so well with the wash of the shirt which is what I love about them. When you wear them it's like putting on a full body tattoo or something.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
BTW, what Hollywood spots do you go to?
I'm sure he sticks to K-Town, Little Tokyo, and Monterey Park bars.
Originally Posted by PG2G
I've been to Vanguard a few times, but its always so asian.
You say that as if you actually think that's a bad thing...
Don't worry about it. It sucks.
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I have nothing against graphics on tees in general, and for what it's worth, one of the co-founders of Salvage is actually a regular poster here. I will not out him, but some know of whom I speak.
That pasty bastard deserves to atone for what he did to the face of fashion...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
A++++ thead would read again 5 stars

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'm sure he sticks to K-Town, Little Tokyo, and Monterey Park bars.

racist much?

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
racist much?

IBTmultiquote diatribe response.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads