1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sales in SoCal during next 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thinman, Mar 5, 2005.

1. thinman

thinman Senior member

I'll be in Southern California on business for the next 2 weeks and would like to hit any major sales and/or pick up a great pair of shoes (main needs are an odd jacket or two, shoes of all types, and I could use another suit). I'm flying into San Diego Monday, picking up a rental car, and making my way to the LA area over the next week. The following week, I'll be back in San Diego, without the car. I could detour to the outlet mall in Cabazon, but I'd appreciate hearing if anyone knows of any sales or stores not to be missed. Thanks in advance.

2. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

I don't know of any sales, but if you are going to be going SD to LA I think you should check out the outlets in Carlsbad. The stores aren't as nice as Cabazon, but they are literally right on your path of travel.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Gary's Rack (Tustin, CA) is starting their New Arrivals sale Wed March 8th, they are advertising up to 70% off brands, including potentially Canali, Barbera, Oxxford, Etro, Zegna, RLPL, Brioni, and others. You may want to check that one out, it's between LA and SD.

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

70%. [​IMG] Very cool. Turns out I'll have Wednesday free to shop. retro: do you know which outlet stores are in Carlsbad? Or do they have a website?

5. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

Here's the store list: Â Carlsbad Premium Outlets I go from LA to SD on business pretty frequently and when I drive (most of the time I take the train) I always hit the Barneys, BB, and Polo stores at the Carlsbad outlets. The Barneys outlet seems pretty well stocked compared to others I've been to. I don't consider Carlsbad to be prime "destination shopping" but it is a worthwhile detour off the 5, even if all I end up purchasing is a Ruby's peanut butter milkshake.