• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sales in chicago?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

In about two weeks I'm thinking of taking a trip down to Chicago - its only an hour and a half drive for me so no big deal. Anyone know if there are any decent sales that will be taking place? Also, does anyone know when Neiman Marcus' last call sale takes place (if it's different from location to location), or the final clearance sales for Sak's and Barney's.

Oh, and does anyone know if there's been any really nice things at the two Filene's Basement locations down there?

Thanks in advance

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was there a couple of weeks ago....didn't see anything of interest at Filenes whatsoever, but I suppose it changes by the day.

You might want to check out the back section of Paul Stuart in Hancock Center, as there is a permanent sale section now, great selection of sizes and items.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, Versaceman. I'd call the NM LC if I were you -- the one in my area told me that the big clearance sale will take place over the Memorial Day weekend. Not sure if that is (1) accurate, or (2) applicable to all LCs. But it definitely seems as though the NM website does not give accurate information as to current sales. Calling the store if the best bet.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, Versaceman. Â I'd call the NM LC if I were you -- the one in my area told me that the big clearance sale will take place over the Memorial Day weekend. Â Not sure if that is (1) accurate, or (2) applicable to all LCs. Â But it definitely seems as though the NM website does not give accurate information as to current sales. Â Calling the store if the best bet.
Should have been more clear - I was talking about the actual Neiman Marcus store, and their last call sale (not the Last Call outlet store, anyone know if there is a LC outlet around Chicago?). As I recall, NM had last year's final clearance sale around August, but I could be mistaken. Prices weren't that good, and selection was poor.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Re N-M IMO the one at Northbrook is better than the MI Ave store. Anyone else feel the same way?

arenn1

Reaction score
The Northbrook Neiman's is far better than the Michigan Ave. store. Especially their shirt and tie collections are much better. They've got all the top names: Fray, Borelli, etc, Kiton 7-folds, etc. I rarely see many customers here however, oddly enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads