• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sales at Hermes

clm412

Reaction score
I was recently in the Hermes boutique on Madison Ave and asked about sales. The saleswomen looked at me sideways and very snobishly told me "we don't have sales".
I'm not sure what to believe as i have seen listings online for items people say they have purchased on sale at Hermes.
I am an NYU student so i have a hefty tuition bill to foot, so I cannot afford full Hermes retail prices, but as I am fond of the brand i would like to see if i could snag a couple items on sale.
If anyone could clear this up for me, it would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

zipidy928

Reaction score
Yes it is true that they do not go on sale in their retail stores ALTHOUGH they do have "sample/overstock sales" once or twice a year (not sure?). I have been to one and I am not sure how or where to get information to where and when it will be held. I know that my mom gets email alerts. I'll ask her and post here.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
very rarely, but i think NYC will have one in march. don't expect super-deep discount, or any of the high demand items to be part of the sale

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw lots of different stuff on sale at the Vienna Hermes boutique. Mind you, I only saw the stuff in the show windows and did not venture inside. I dont know about the USA sales policy but it was a definite sale at the boutique in Vienna.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clm412
I was recently in the Hermes boutique on Madison Ave and asked about sales. The saleswomen looked at me sideways and very snobishly told me "we don't have sales".

Bunk!

Hermes has semi-annual sales, and the sales are staffed by its regular sales associates and office employees.

Sales are done off-premises at either the Manhattan Pavillion or the Alliance Francaise. The sale is advertised in The Times on page 3, and it typically occurs at an "off" time for sales, such as February or March. The sale lasts one week.

Sales used to occur in the E. 57th St. store. I guess that owners felt that sales were too "down-market" for the new store although I recall one sale at the Madiosn Ave. store.

Good luck.

RSN125

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark Seitelman
Bunk!

Hermes has semi-annual sales, and the sales are staffed by its regular sales associates and office employees.

Sales are done off-premises at either the Manhattan Pavillion or the Alliance Francaise. The sale is advertised in The Times on page 3, and it typically occurs at an "off" time for sales, such as February or March. The sale lasts one week.

Sales used to occur in the E. 57th St. store. I guess that owners felt that sales were too "down-market" for the new store although I recall one sale at the Madiosn Ave. store.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Artking3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clm412
I'm not sure what to believe as i have seen listings online for items people say they have purchased on sale at Hermes.
I am an NYU student so i have a hefty tuition bill to foot, so I cannot afford full Hermes retail prices, but as I am fond of the brand i would like to see if i could snag a couple items on sale.
If anyone could clear this up for me, it would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

I was at the Hermes store in South Coast Plaza last year (around Oct-Nov?), and there was a sale for their seasonal items such as clothing and shoes. I don't think there will ever be a sale for their regular leather goods and items though.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have sales twice a year here in Honolulu but it's normally just junk.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
very rarely, but i think NYC will have one in march. don't expect super-deep discount, or any of the high demand items to be part of the sale

Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
They have sales twice a year here in Honolulu but it's normally just junk.

Sample sales have all the popular items such as ties, pocket squares, scarfs at around 40% off.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Sample sales have all the popular items such as ties, pocket squares, scarfs at around 40% off.
The Hermes sample sales here in the UK are useless. No ties - very weird model shoes, huge suits and no leather goods. Not much for the ladies either. Looks like we get the bum deal over here.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
The Hermes sample sales here in the UK are useless. No ties - very weird model shoes, huge suits and no leather goods. Not much for the ladies either. Looks like we get the bum deal over here.

Interesting. The sample sales I mentioned were in Chicago. No leather goods though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads