• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sale on Barbour Wax Jackets - Willing to Proxy

moolala

Reaction score
Hi, I posted this in the proxy thread but thought I would share with the rest of the forum so it doesn't get buried in that thread. A fly fishing store by where I live is having a sale on Barbour wax jackets (Aaand now remaining pieces are on clearance). Prices are pretty good, definitely the best I've seen these jackets go for. Tried posting in buy/sell but it's not working for me. Anyways here are prices, excluding shipping: Beaufort: $298 36, 40, 42 Border: $314 36, 38, 40, 42, 48 Bedale: $298 36, 38, 42, 44 There's also a couple of commando and international jackets as well as pile liners on sale. everything new with tags obviously. seems like the original sale wasn't that great according to below posts, but they are liquidating the rest so here are new prices. seem incredible to me but i could just not be a very informed buyer

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So looks like I can save $24 going with your offer, for a Beaufort.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saks had scads of the Beaufort on sale for $200 during their consolidation sale.

TC11201

Reaction score
you could also try fishing the cape. they often have barbour on sale - bought a beaufort from them 2 yrs ago for 50% off retail. you could also call r. derwin in litchfield, ct - they don't have a web store, so you'll need to know what you want and ask for it, but all their outerwear (primarily barbour stock) is currently 50% off. they carry a pretty full range of barbour stuff, including the classics and a bunch of the barbour international stuff. jonathan, the proprietor is a good guy and i'm pretty sure that they'd ship most anywhere. you can google the phone number.

moolala

Reaction score
haha damn sorry guys, looks like this wasn't as good a deal as I thought.

Thanks for pointing that out though.

Bartolo

Reaction score
How do sizes run on the Bedale and Beaufort models? I want one . . but can never figure out which from just looking at photos online.
frown.gif

moolala

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bartolo
How do sizes run on the Bedale and Beaufort models?

I want one . . but can never figure out which from just looking at photos online.
frown.gif

Order your true jacket size. I wouldn't size down at all. They look bulky but actually fit awesome unless you have really narrow shoulders.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by moolala
Order your true jacket size. I wouldn't size down at all. They look bulky but actually fit awesome unless you have really narrow shoulders.

Thanks a ton
smile.gif

moolala

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Thanks a ton
smile.gif

my best advise is to go to a local outdoors place (orvis and sierra trading post come to mind) and try them on. But if you have to order online, get true to size. I saw this idiotic picture of a guy who sized down on a bedale and he looks really stupid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads