1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sale at maxfield bleu

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by matadorpoeta, Nov 14, 2003.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

i just got home from the sale at maxfield bleu in los angeles (corner of beverly and robertson). this is where they sell last seasons items from the famous maxfield on melrose. there were lots of beautiful people there and i enjoyed myself although i didn't buy anything.

the suits were mostly armani classico, jil sander, and d&g. there was lots of velvet, red and blue, and suits with buckles and other add-ons. this was stuff you could wear to your "american idol" audition.

i noticed that most of the jil sander stuff was 50% polyester, and they still wanted at least $1500 for these at full retail.

i came close to buying an issey miyake jacket which was marked down from $1000 (for cotton.) but the fit wasn't quite right. my one gripe is that all the pants were low rise, as if just because you're a designer you have to be into the low rise thing. i saw a few pairs of pants with great fabrics that i was going to try on, then noticed they were the "britney spears butt pants" look. i'm really sick of this trend.

anyway there was lots of stuff, especially if you like the japanese designers and some guy named raf something or other. so if you're in the neighborhood i do recommend checking it out. the sale ends sunday.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Raf Simons. Belgian designer working out of Paris. Very "political". And as far as I can tell, not a lot of irony, which makes the exercise a little sad, imo. Punk high culture? Really now, people...

Sigh... I miss Maxfield. Louis Boston and Alan Bilzerian are nice, but Bostonians are just so darn boring that Margiela and Neil Barrett (great designers, no offense to them) count as cutting edge. I need to see the Gaultier suits and the Henry Duarte patchwork fur coats again. I wouldn't buy them (too poor, for one) but they sure looked cool in the stores.

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

l.a. guy,
    yes. raf simons was the name. a lot of his jackets had a military theme to them.

there were lots of coats with fur collars too. maybe you should open a store in boston and show them what they're missing.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Maybe if my lucrative academic career doesn't make me the millions I'd hoped for...