1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sale alert, paul smith

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tdial, Aug 10, 2004.

1. tdial

tdial Senior member

Andrew, a store in Atlanta, is about to no longer carry Paul Smith. Apparently, the store is being converted into a Y-3 boutique. I go there a lot and the owner, Andrew, is a cool guy.

Anyway, he's got a lot of Paul Smith shirts and ties marked down 60%. His full retail prices are high, but 60% off is still good. I was in there today and picked up a shirt and tie as well as a black fading pinstripe 3-button suit. Full retail on the suit was $1200. I paid $480. He has about 8-9 suits left. Mostly 42Rs at really good prices. Also, he has lots of PS cufflinks too, if you're interested. You can check out his site at andrewatlanta.com. You can email him for sizes, etc. Most of his shirts were in the 15.5-17 range in size, FYI.

I am in no way affiliated with Andrew, just wanted to pass along the info for any Paul Smith fans out there looking for a great deal on what he's got left.

2. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

Thanks for the tip... I really love Paul Smith but I haven't bought anything lately because the prices are outrageous (at least in the US).  However, I just placed a huge order through Andrew's web site for a bunch of shirts, wallets, belts, and cuff links.  They had some unbelievable deals, particularly on accessories, so thanks again.  

PS: If anyone else is interested, I called the store and was advised that pretty much everything they have left is up on the web site.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Is it that the site is very slow?

4. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Yes, I found that the site is extremely slow.

5. tdial

tdial Senior member

(LabelKing @ 10 Aug. 2004, 1:25) Is it that the site is very slow?
    Yes, I found that the site is extremely slow.
    His site is slow. But not as slow as AskAndy's.

6. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Well, I ordered a couple of pocket squares. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like quite a bonanza for you Paul Smith fans.

And the site is awfully slow...

7. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Thanks for the info... hope the pocket squares I wanted didn't get sold out while I was waiting for the website to load [​IMG]

8. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Looks like mine did... [​IMG]

9. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

what did you order?

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Are these the Made in Italy Paul Smith shirts? Also I haven;t bought Paul SMith for some time so are these shirts of a slim nature? Thank you.

11. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

I ordered the red check and pink signature stripe.

12. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Alan: I ordered a bunch too; I-emailed Andrew like 20 min before placing my order and he told me the pink one was sold out. He said the blue stripes and dog pattern were in stock, and that he only had one each of the multi stripes and naked lady patterns left (hope I got them). LabelKing: I asked about the shirt cuts and was told the one I was looking at ran "slightly slim." I ordered the green striped one if you're curious. Edit: Damn, just heard the blue stripe sold out too [​IMG]. But he processed the rest so I think I got the last multi stripe and naked lady ones [​IMG]

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Thank you so much for posting this.

14. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

All the stripes are sold out as is the red check. He said everything else ought to be available, for the moment anyway.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I bought the hand cufflinks. However I considered ordering the shirts but they only have a size 15 which I fear might be a bit large.

16. sirgarnetwolseley

sirgarnetwolseley Senior member

Does anyone know how the shirts fit? They look slim in the pictures. I am concerned that the sleeves won't be long enough. Edited to add: Regardless of the sleeve fit, I ordered a couple shirts. And a couple hankies. And some cuff links. I think my credit card just burst into flames.

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Wow, I'm sorry I was gone all day and missed some of the best stuff. Excellent post, I know this stuff is trendy, but I for one dig it.

I don't have the capacity, but there'd be some good ebay flippage potential, the Brits pay out of range for some of this stuff.

18. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Heh I think I might cave in and order some cuff links on top of what I've ordered already. What do you guys like among the selection? I'm thinking about either the traffic lights, one of the nudie holograms, or the shirts, any thoughts. The peace signs have great color schemes, but seem too hippie for me.

Re: shirt fit: I haven't tried one on in my size, but as I mentioned earlier I was told "slightly slim" as to the cut. I'm a 15.5 and he said the sleeve length for that size was 34", if that helps.

19. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

The main line shirts are ultra-slim, but there is only one main line shirt on that site - I would say "slightly slim" is pretty accurate for the London line (which all of the other shirts are).

20. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Bryce, what are the other differences between main line and London shirts? I saw a few main-line striped shirts at Neiman's that looked exactly the same, and with the possible exception of cut, the only difference I could see was that the main line's had that neat contrasting fabric on the inside folds of the cuffs, where as the London's did not. That was somewhat disappointing, but I really wanted a green striped shirt, so I decided to deal.