• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saks tailor

rah120

Reaction score
so I bought a rlbl suit from saks. It's a 40 althoughh I usually wear a 38. As a result I that I think that the jacket needs to be taken in a little to get that rlbl look do you think this is something that could adequately be done by a tailor at saks? Or shpuld i go to someone whom i k ow is qell respwcred but will charge significantly more? Is there any redress from the saks tailor if they mess up? Why about the independent tailor? Thanks

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rah120
so I bought a rlbl suit from saks. It's a 40 althoughh I usually wear a 38. As a result I that I think that the jacket needs to be taken in a little to get that rlbl look do you think this is something that could adequately be done by a tailor at saks? Or shpuld i go to someone whom i k ow is qell respwcred but will charge significantly more? Is there any redress from the saks tailor if they mess up? Why about the independent tailor? Thanks

Jesus

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, paulie is a great guy, cant go wrong with him.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
why did you buy the 40 if its not your size? did the salesman talk you into it?
if so take it back.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
why did you buy the 40 if its not your size? did the salesman talk you into it?
if so take it back.

+1

rah120

Reaction score
No the shoulders fit me better than the 38, and I figured if I wanted it to be more form fitting I could get the jacket taken in easier than getting the shoulders taken in. Everything else fits perfectly. Is taking a jacket in a major alteration?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No the shoulders fit me better than the 38, and I figured if I wanted it to be more form fitting I could get the jacket taken in easier than getting the shoulders taken in. Everything else fits perfectly. Is taking a jacket in a major alteration?
Now I understand. Taking the jacket in is easy for the tailor to do. I have this type of alteration done routinely due to broad shoulders on a narrow body. I often have the sides and back taken in to slim the jacket.

rah120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Now I understand. Taking the jacket in is easy for the tailor to do. I have this type of alteration done routinely due to broad shoulders on a narrow body. I often have the sides and back taken in to slim the jacket.

Ok great, thanks a lot.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should either get the right size or if the sales man talked you into it and you still insist on going through with it have the Saks Tailor do it. If an outside tailor touches it Saks you lose your rights to return it.

rah120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
You should either get the right size or if the sales man talked you into it and you still insist on going through with it have the Saks Tailor do it. If an outside tailor touches it Saks you lose your rights to return it.

Ok thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads