• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saks (retail stores) after Xmas sale

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find any of the high-end shoes reduced ?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Did anyone find any of the high-end shoes reduced ?

nope
i swung by saks and neiman in beverly hills ...
they were mostly very ugly shoes or made for big foot
a whole bunch of prada and gucci type shoes were on the sale rack

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to see any cashmere scarves? Thanks for that. I almost made the trip, not going to now. I heard Saks also carried JM Weston shoes.

Coldcava

Reaction score
I'd be curious if they marked any Canali suits down?

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloomingdales has 40% off of suits right now. I know Bloomies carried Canali at one point, i think they still do. The Proposta line ran $1200 retail 5-6 years ago, which i believe was made for Bloomies.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by badsha
Bloomingdales has 40% off of suits right now. I know Bloomies carried Canali at one point, i think they still do. The Proposta line ran $1200 retail 5-6 years ago, which i believe was made for Bloomies.

40% off suits is more common than you think. I say about 6x a yr

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
nope
i swung by saks and neiman in beverly hills ...
they were mostly very ugly shoes or made for big foot
a whole bunch of prada and gucci type shoes were on the sale rack

Horrible men's sale. I should have accompanied my GF to the women's store and help her grab as many purses/bags as I could. Was a mad house - shelves were scooped in seconds, apparently.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know for sure that Bloomingdale's sells Canali, but I can't swear to which stores have the line. The time to buy suits at Bloomie's is when they hard-mark them about 20-25% off then have them on the "extra 50% off" rack. I imagine that some Canalis will make it there eventually. Pretty sure their suits start at more than $1,200 now, though. When I walk through Bloomingdale's their Z-Zegnas retail for about $1,100 and their Cornelianis like $1,300 so Canali probably starts closer to $1,500 by now. YMMV.

katiedaddy

Reaction score
Their sale inventory was pretty ridiculous. Last year, they had quite a few decent shoes marked down and had additional 50% off the marked down price but this year it was pretty much 50% ~ 60% off of retail price and most were ugly Prada & Bally sneakers.. Fortunately I was able score enough shoes to last me for another year.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by katiedaddy
Their sale inventory was pretty ridiculous. Last year, they had quite a few decent shoes marked down and had additional 50% off the marked down price but this year it was pretty much 50% ~ 60% off of retail price and most were ugly Prada & Bally sneakers.. Fortunately I was able score enough shoes to last me for another year.

Yea, very uninspired by the shoes at Saks and Neimans. Barney's has been a better bet for the last few years, better combination of traditional style and updated designer looks vs. NM which feels like it's catered to very nouveau riche tastes the last five years or so and Saks which seems to suck everywhere other than the original 5th Ave store.

toade

Reaction score
Is it 40% off all suits? I know a couple Bloomies have RLBL suits, and I'd love to get one 40%, and maybe sign up for their CC to get a little more off. Thanks!

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Total waste of time. Lots of shirts, sweaters and pants on "sale" but nothing said "buy me."

celeste_pista

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
I know for sure that Bloomingdale's sells Canali, but I can't swear to which stores have the line. The time to buy suits at Bloomie's is when they hard-mark them about 20-25% off then have them on the "extra 50% off" rack. I imagine that some Canalis will make it there eventually. Pretty sure their suits start at more than $1,200 now, though. When I walk through Bloomingdale's their Z-Zegnas retail for about $1,100 and their Cornelianis like $1,300 so Canali probably starts closer to $1,500 by now. YMMV.

bloomies boston definitely has canali and they run 1500-1800/suit. scs are 1200+

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to see any cashmere scarves? Thanks for that. I almost made the trip, not going to now. I heard Saks also carried JM Weston shoes.

Check the Sak's outlet stores for good deals for cashmere scarves.

franz_sanchez

Reaction score
I didn't look at any places in our local mall besides buying a few items at JC Penny. I tend to find most retailers especially ones like Best Buy and Sears don't really make a big deal of any After Christmas Sales. The best deals are usually after Thanksgiving and leading up to Christmas.

I noticed Nordstroms is having their half year sale for men right now. I didn't even look at our local Nordstroms but don't think there would be anything I would really want to buy. I was looking at their website and noticed most stuff was only 25-33% off. They only have a few Burberry Suits for $599 that are 40%. I also noticed like Saks and Nemian Marcus they only have select items on sale. I was looking at shoes and only noticed select items on sale. It looked like if you wanted something like a pair of Park Avenues you would have to pay regular price because they only have select items on sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads