• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
IMG_2181.JPG IMG_2135.JPG
SLP coats were always my favorite because of the high armholes and how slim they fit. In other brands, I need to usually size down by 2 because of how big they fit. Some Dior Homme coats or tom ford fit big since I fit into a 46 with ease compared to SLP where I'm a 50 in the chesterfields or 48 in the houndstooth coats since they fit a size small. Balmain coats from the older seasons especially the decarnin era are good alternatives since they had the high armholes with the very slim cut coats. My favorites would be either my houndstooth from aw13 or the aw15 chesterfield. I'm still looking for the velvet collar coats in red from aw16 and the velvet collar one from aw15.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Likewise Gucci. I've been wearing my SLP Chesterfield a lot more due to the cold weather and my SLP Peacoat; so perfectly fitted!

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Hey thanks for contributing... I dig that FW16 joint... but have never seen it in person...

Always happy to contribute. I’ve never seen the FW16 jawn either but its swell. As I said though, the leathers and mohair coats really take the cake for me.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
View attachment 1297031 View attachment 1297028
SLP coats were always my favorite because of the high armholes and how slim they fit. In other brands, I need to usually size down by 2 because of how big they fit. Some Dior Homme coats or tom ford fit big since I fit into a 46 with ease compared to SLP where I'm a 50 in the chesterfields or 48 in the houndstooth coats since they fit a size small. Balmain coats from the older seasons especially the decarnin era are good alternatives since they had the high armholes with the very slim cut coats. My favorites would be either my houndstooth from aw13 or the aw15 chesterfield. I'm still looking for the velvet collar coats in red from aw16 and the velvet collar one from aw15.

Insane lineup.

iamkenji

Reaction score
for those who in between sizes, what’s the most important aspect for u to decide to size up or size down?
I am IT46 or “s” in other brands, but I think I have to size down to IT44 or “xs” with slp, with slp IT 46, the sleeves would be a bit too long and the body a bit too loose, and with IT 44, everything is perfect, except for the collar, a bit too tight and I have to leave the collar button undone and the shoulder sometimes a bit tight,
If I take it to the tailor, which aspects would be the easiest to alter? I would like to keep the garments as orignal as possible, do you often have your slp garment altered?
Thanks for the inputs

nekromantik

Reaction score
for those who in between sizes, what’s the most important aspect for u to decide to size up or size down?
I am IT46 or “s” in other brands, but I think I have to size down to IT44 or “xs” with slp, with slp IT 46, the sleeves would be a bit too long and the body a bit too loose, and with IT 44, everything is perfect, except for the collar, a bit too tight and I have to leave the collar button undone and the shoulder sometimes a bit tight,
If I take it to the tailor, which aspects would be the easiest to alter? I would like to keep the garments as orignal as possible, do you often have your slp garment altered?
Thanks for the inputs

Same here. Im a small or 46 in most brands but SLP I gotta get 44 or XS. Only TTS items from SLP I got are my boots and Teddy jacket.I am getting my linen shirt from SS19 hemmed so hopefully will fit better once its done. However slightly worried they wont adjust shoulders after they adjust arm width.

iamkenji

Reaction score
Same here. Im a small or 46 in most brands but SLP I gotta get 44 or XS. Only TTS items from SLP I got are my boots and Teddy jacket.I am getting my linen shirt from SS19 hemmed so hopefully will fit better once its done. However slightly worried they wont adjust shoulders after they adjust arm width.
Tks for the inputs,
Which year is ur teddy? I just ordered a teddy in IT 42 at a very good deal, it said 17.5” shoulder, and 40” body width if I remember correctly, it’s on the way, hopefully I don’t have to return it.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Tks for the inputs,
Which year is ur teddy? I just ordered a teddy in IT 42 at a very good deal, it said 17.5” shoulder, and 40” body width if I remember correctly, it’s on the way, hopefully I don’t have to return it.
It was SS19 Teddy. Not the classic Teddy but the one with black leather and zipper. I found the original Teddy in size 46 to be tight around shoulders and shorter on the waist.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Hedi ever release his sketches? Does he even sketch his designs à la Lagerfeld et autres? I'd love to see how he visualized his iconic pieces (Teddy being one of them) on paper or pad first.

iamkenji

Reaction score
Jeff Goldblum is hosting the Late Late show, and i believe he is wearing this blazer (and matching pants)Its def not a subtle piece. Ill look for the video when if it is posted on youtube.

Edited to add video.

Thanks for posting the video, I believe he is a slp fan, I have seen him in different slp clothes. And he has the body to wear. The whole suit fits him perfectly, I think he had it altered.

iamkenji

Reaction score
It was SS19 Teddy. Not the classic Teddy but the one with black leather and zipper. I found the original Teddy in size 46 to be tight around shoulders and shorter on the waist.
Mine is classic b/w teddy, IT 42, I recently found out I am IT 44 with slp, and according to their tag, IT 44/42 is 170, I am ~173. and IT 46 is 175 and slightly too big for me, that’s why when I put on a IT46, the sleeves too long and body width too wide.( sigh, I bought 3 shirts and 2 jeans, they are in “s” or 29”, all one size bigger, because I am a IT 46 in most brands), IT44 would fit me better with slp, except for the collar and sometimes the shoulder, the gold suit jacket was the last one and I couldn’t have a chance to try on a IT42, and I was told it’s better to go big and alter small and not the other way around,
but for any future slp clothings if the tailor can easily alter the collar for me I would look for IT 44, less to alter, I want to keep the garment as original as possible. But the IT 42 teddy was at a good price and last one and I couldn’t resist, and some of the members suggest me to try IT 42 to have the cropped slp style, will see, the teddy is coming in next Monday,
You are IT 46, What’s your height?

Thanks for the inputs

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads