• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill H

Reaction score
I went true to size too (as that was what the guy was selling). I'm a built 48 and took a 48. I didn't have the opportunity to try a 46 but I think this is the right fit AND given the style of the coat it works well. If it was too closely fitted it'd look like a bath robe (the drape is very soft on it, so hangs over my shoulder blades/shapes my behind etc).

I think you should be fine.

Here's a video review of it to whet your appetite further:

Hey thanks much.... and yeah, the fit on you is spot on... if mine fits me like that it will be a great day... BTW what size do you take for the Allure?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even your smile is indicative of how you wear it so well. Fits you perfect! Such a nice piece to be enjoyed for decade(s)!

This is a drop the mic shut down the thread type of item, too. ;)

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
The all black leather Lukas boots would look sweet if you were to swap the santiag harness on to them occasionally.

I understand why you think so BUT I think the Luka’s silhouette is too slim to fully accommodate the Santiag harness... they’re better suited as they are or with a harness similar in sleekness to the Celine biker boots.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Just got my black suede lukas boots in the mail and I’m loving the nap on these suckers, super hairy. I’m curious, are the tan suede pair as hairy as these? Never seen them in person.

No the black suede Lukas have a nappier suede.

Randeep

Reaction score
Does SLP Uk have Boxing Day sales?
Yes they do. I was told that when I went into the Bond St store a couple of weeks ago and asked "so wheres the sale stuff?" Was told that unless I got an e-mail re. sales (private/pre-sales) .. which I didn't (sulk) then it'd be from Boxing Day.

Phewww thats a beautiful piece! It looks so warm and cozy! Could you get away with jus a t-shirt underneath it?
Just as with my other shearling (rancher) yes I can. I very very rarely wear anything other than a t-shirt, even in winter. Have an OCD about knitwear 'stretching' any outerwear I might be wearing. That and because I like to get stuff as fitted as possible (i.e. buy stuff only with the thought of accommodating a tee underneath and nothing thicker). Though I doubt that would be the case with this coat since it's a bit roomier. Also since this piece is internally lined with leather it does get very warm anyway.. found myself sweating in it a few times/peeling the sleeves when taking off, that have got stuck to my arms.

Last edited:

nekromantik

Reaction score
Yes they do. I was told that when I went into the Bond St store a couple of weeks ago and asked "so wheres the sale stuff?" Was told that unless I got an e-mail re. sales (private/pre-sales) .. which I didn't (sulk) then it'd be from Boxing Day.

Ah okay.
I didn't get email about private sale just message from a SA in store. Tbh it wasn't great selection as it was leftover from ss19 mostly.

Randeep

Reaction score
@Bill H since you were asking about the SL Allure (in the Celine thread :foo:) I thought I'd drop this here too... fit pic with the FW15 tube coat (first look) / w13 oil stained knee **** denim / w13 suede chains.

I love this coat as again it has Hedi's signature cut with the high armholes and skinny throughout the arms. The wool is very thick/substantial/structured and the substantial lapels give it a slightly more unique look. Popped collar is sick too - but I hardly ever do that only cos I want to keep the stiffness in the collar for once in a lifetime occasions where I want/need to be super-mega-extra. This blows the (what was) permanent collection 6 button caban peacoat out of the water. So just food for thought, anybody that wants a black, hedi designed black simple-ish coat, look no further. (though I'm sure @SirGrotius could attest to the cut/quality of Dior offerings -- pricy for me though and.... not #hedi).

_A2X0018.jpg
IMG_7974.jpg

Bill H

Reaction score
@Bill H since you were asking about the SL Allure (in the Celine thread :foo:) I thought I'd drop this here too... fit pic with the FW15 tube coat (first look) / w13 oil stained knee **** denim / w13 suede chains.

I love this coat as again it has Hedi's signature cut with the high armholes and skinny throughout the arms. The wool is very thick/substantial/structured and the substantial lapels give it a slightly more unique look. Popped collar is sick too - but I hardly ever do that only cos I want to keep the stiffness in the collar for once in a lifetime occasions where I want/need to be super-mega-extra. This blows the (what was) permanent collection 6 button caban peacoat out of the water. So just food for thought, anybody that wants a black, hedi designed black simple-ish coat, look no further. (though I'm sure @SirGrotius could attest to the cut/quality of Dior offerings -- pricy for me though and.... not #hedi).

View attachment 1296924 View attachment 1296925
Finally... we can discuss some Hedi!! Bro, fit looks sick... I would agree with you that the quality of the FW15 caban is much better than the peacoat... no question, but the fit on the fw13 peacoat is Fing awesome... particularly for a medium or shorter sized guy. I will be honest, if I had to choose 1 (for me personally), I would take the FW13 pea... I also think it is the best value piece I own. Bro, pics are sick.. and thanks for the thoughts. What do you think is the best overall Hedi wool coat? Question; is any one high on the FW15 allure?

Randeep

Reaction score
That's too subjective a question -- for me I like the FW13 Allure and the FW15 tube coat I have, particularly because their length isn't too long either (hits around/above the knee).

Bill H

Reaction score
That's too subjective a question -- for me I like the FW13 Allure and the FW15 tube coat I have, particularly because their length isn't too long either (hits around/above the knee).
Def getting more excited about the Allure.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
If we’re talking fave wool outerwear from Hedi then I think it’d be one of the two below. Admittedly, I’m not the largest fan of the Hedi’s wool outerwear @ SLP as I prefer the leathers and mohairs but if I had to pick a wool number I’d opt for a longer coat because they are more dramatic.

Attachments

• 663D5D14-03E2-4806-8A82-39A1D53F93D2.jpeg
    663D5D14-03E2-4806-8A82-39A1D53F93D2.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 34CA493B-4FAF-404C-AF6E-2FCC7345861C.jpeg
    34CA493B-4FAF-404C-AF6E-2FCC7345861C.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 111

Bill H

Reaction score
If we’re talking fave wool outerwear from Hedi then I think it’d be one of the two below. Admittedly, I’m not the largest fan of the Hedi’s wool outerwear @ SLP as I prefer the leathers and mohairs but if I had to pick a wool number I’d opt for a longer coat because they are more dramatic.
Hey thanks for contributing... I dig that FW16 joint... but have never seen it in person...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads