• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that leopard print jacket. I'm in the same boat with regard to losing weight. In fact, this coming Monday is going to be my fifth week in consciously restricting my caloric intake. I'm already so much leaner, it's crazy.

Tamgee

Reaction score
That coat is amazing! What is the name of it?!
It's the same coat he replied to above. It's the Fall/Winter 2013 Allure Coat.

Might be hard to come across now, especially new. Fits extremely slim. I had to size up two sizes from what I typically wear for it to fit perfectly

KawaiiT

Reaction score
Do you guys rock your leather jackets in colder climates? Also how do you keep warm? The leather always gets sooo cold and it's not really warming imo.

dacarden

Reaction score
I wear a either a thin long sleeve or a sleeveless flannel under mine for layering.
You can also resort to jumping around a bit. That will warm you up!
I live in San Diego, so most of the time it is a t shirt underneath a leather jacket in the winter for me!

While on the leather jacket subject... Anyone interested in buying a near new 2018 black L01 in size 52?

KawaiiT

Reaction score
Jumping around :D
Yeah San Diego winter must be nice. In Germany its already below 0°C at 10 in the evening.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Do you guys rock your leather jackets in colder climates? Also how do you keep warm? The leather always gets sooo cold and it's not really warming imo.

Just a SLP shirt or flannel. I don't stand outside. Just walking from my warm car to wherever I'm going to.

iamkenji

Reaction score
Hi guys,
What do you think about the fit?

Tks

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Definitely. It's all about layering without looking too puffy, ha. I remember when I got my go-to moto leather jacket, I got in 44 and thought about 42 but the SA mentioned that it might be better not to go too tight on outerwear in Pennsylvania. I'm glad I listened. Usually, i do a light but surprisingly warm SLP flannel shirt, layer on a Dior cashmere hoodie (they have the best, sorry!), and then the leather jacket. If it's particularly cold I have these Tommy John form-fitting undershirts, which are a bit weird but keep me warmer. I do this down to 40 degrees fahrenheit. Lower than that I'm straight up Canada Goose. ;)

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The star shirt looks okay. Maybe a half inch too long in the sleeves and body length. I think that'd look great under a blazer, etc. I've never been able to conscience the short-sleeve dress shirts.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Looks like SLP UK is having private sale as my sales agent sent me message. Starts on 27th. Is it normally 10%?

iamkenji

Reaction score
You could likely size down one, but it looks fine
it's funny, other SLP long sleeve shirts, size IT 46, fits me well. I can't wear IT 44, because the collar is a bit too small, same thing with the star shirt, i have to go with IT46 but the sleeves and body length are a bit long, It's a bit late to exchange, i guess i will have it altered or sell it and get a 44. what do you guys think?
tks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics