• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a unrelated note did you ever get any pics of your black suede Wyatt Chelsea, side zip boots, and Dakota’s?
Sorry man, I totally spaced on that. Thanks for reminding me. I just snapped some pictures, but hit me up if you want different configurations. I did not put my 30 Jodphurs in any of the photos, so if you'd like a comparison shot with those let me know. For laughs I put my new Jacno's in a few pics, mainly because I think the last on those is the best.

Left-right: Wyatt 40 side zips, 30 Chelseas, Dakotas black suede, Celine Jacno backzip (other photos have various combinations for comparison purposes)
IMG_0212.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0215.JPG IMG_0216.JPG IMG_0217.JPG

The Jacno and Dakotas have barely been worn yet! I like the last on the Jacno's the best. As you can see, it's fairly aggressive/pointy, but still has quite a bit of toe room. All these boots are tts 44, except for the Dakota's which are 46.

BigRed

Reaction score
Sorry man, I totally spaced on that. Thanks for reminding me. I just snapped some pictures, but hit me up if you want different configurations. I did not put my 30 Jodphurs in any of the photos, so if you'd like a comparison shot with those let me know. For laughs I put my new Jacno's in a few pics, mainly because I think the last on those is the best.

Left-right: Wyatt 40 side zips, 30 Chelseas, Dakotas black suede, Celine Jacno backzip (other photos have various combinations for comparison purposes) View attachment 1269424 View attachment 1269425 View attachment 1269426 View attachment 1269427 View attachment 1269428 View attachment 1269429

The Jacno and Dakotas have barely been worn yet! I like the last on the Jacno's the best. As you can see, it's fairly aggressive/pointy, but still has quite a bit of toe room. All these boots are tts 44, except for the Dakota's which are 46.

Thanks for pics...I really appreciate it...if you could only own one out of the bunch which would it be? I have the exact same Wyatt Chelsea in Sigaro...trying to decide if I want the black suede version, or your exact Dakota pair, or the black suede side zips...

nekromantik

Reaction score
Hi all
Just purchased a new season teddy with black leather and zip rather then the classic style buttons and White leather. Attached is picture what do you guys think in terms of size? This is a 46 and I'm usually a small in bellstaff or Hugo boss jackets.

Attachments

• IMG_20191026_195928_621__01.jpg
    IMG_20191026_195928_621__01.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 346

Randeep

Reaction score
Hi all
Just purchased a new season teddy with black leather and zip rather then the classic style buttons and White leather. Attached is picture what do you guys think in terms of size? This is a 46 and I'm usually a small in bellstaff or Hugo boss jackets.

Not exactly what you were asking for, but I would choose the classic (for a reason) and infinitely more stylish (IMO) black/white teddy over this.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Not exactly what you were asking for, but I would choose the classic (for a reason) and infinitely more stylish (IMO) black/white teddy over this.

The classic style did not feel that it fit well on me around shoulders plus here in UK it's chilly so was too tight with layer's.

In terms of fit of the one I got does it look fine?

Bill H

Reaction score
The classic style did not feel that it fit well on me around shoulders plus here in UK it's chilly so was too tight with layer's.

I can't tell 100% from the picture, but I like it from what I see...

nekromantik

Reaction score
I can't tell 100% from the picture, but I like it from what I see...

Thanks
Classic been around long time so thought I would try different take on it.

Like I bought the shorter ankle boots version of Wyatt's few months ago.

hurricane08

Reaction score
Hello .I recently bought two pairs of SLP jeans D02 M/SK-LW (98% cotton 2% elastane) in blue color ,but different washes .Both probably from the last hedi collection,not sure though ,as i'm not familiar with SLP tags.The light wash in size 31 and size the 32 in a more indigo blue color.Both made in Japan .32 is probably my size ,tight fit on the legs,perfect on the waist (not tight,not roomy) ,but i'm a bit concerned if they will stretch out.Waist on size 31 is tight ,the legs are even worse than 32 ,but it's the first pair of jeans of any brand that i can wear and close the button on that size(31). I'm generally 48IT in jeans ,32 in dior homme,so i'm skeptical which one to keep ,if there are possibilities for a lot of stretching.Also, if i keep one pair of them ,can i handwash them?Because the tag indicates dry clean only.
Apologies for the noob questions.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pics...I really appreciate it...if you could only own one out of the bunch which would it be? I have the exact same Wyatt Chelsea in Sigaro...trying to decide if I want the black suede version, or your exact Dakota pair, or the black suede side zips...
It's difficult for me to answer your question, since obviously I like to buy a lot of footwear (but not comparatively to some of the people in this thread). My Jacno's have heavily converted me to Celine's footwear, since they're more comfortable than all of the SLP's I have, and I think the shape is perfect. If you're looking to buy at retail, I would look into that line, and perhaps wait and see if anything cool comes out in the coming weeks/months from them.

But, if you're set on getting SLP, and already have a brownish Chelsea, I would get a non-chelsea in black leather (maybe suede if you really like it). I think I like my 30 Jodphurs in black leather the best, and they were the first SLP boots I bought. However, I think that the side-zip style is more classic, and would be something you'd see cool people wearing in photos from the 70's, etc. If the shape on the Dakotas/Lukas boots moves you, you could also look into one of the side-zip models currently offered in that style (and I suspect those will go on sale at the YSL site at the end of the season).

tldr: If you don't want to get Celine, get jodhpurs or a type of side-zip in black leather. Hope that helps!

BigRed

Reaction score
It's difficult for me to answer your question, since obviously I like to buy a lot of footwear (but not comparatively to some of the people in this thread). My Jacno's have heavily converted me to Celine's footwear, since they're more comfortable than all of the SLP's I have, and I think the shape is perfect. If you're looking to buy at retail, I would look into that line, and perhaps wait and see if anything cool comes out in the coming weeks/months from them.

But, if you're set on getting SLP, and already have a brownish Chelsea, I would get a non-chelsea in black leather (maybe suede if you really like it). I think I like my 30 Jodphurs in black leather the best, and they were the first SLP boots I bought. However, I think that the side-zip style is more classic, and would be something you'd see cool people wearing in photos from the 70's, etc. If the shape on the Dakotas/Lukas boots moves you, you could also look into one of the side-zip models currently offered in that style (and I suspect those will go on sale at the YSL site at the end of the season).

tldr: If you don't want to get Celine, get jodhpurs or a type of side-zip in black leather. Hope that helps!

That helps a lot actually...so I’ll probably wait for our store to finally get in the black suede Celine Jacno or go with the black suede side zip. I already have a black leather Lukas and black leather Harness so I want to go with suede. Thanks for your input sir.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That helps a lot actually...so I’ll probably wait for our store to finally get in the black suede Celine Jacno or go with the black suede side zip. I already have a black leather Lukas and black leather Harness so I want to go with suede. Thanks for your input sir.
You're welcome. Keep us posted on what you decide.

papillo

Reaction score

What size did you try in the classic teddy size? If you are a small, and plan to layer, I would suspect you want a size 48.

The one you have looks like it fits you, but it is a bit difficult to see from that picture. Another pic may help.

Adamdraps

Reaction score

Left-right: Wyatt 40 side zips, 30 Chelseas, Dakotas black suede, Celine Jacno backzip (other photos have various combinations for comparison purposes) View attachment 1269424 View attachment 1269425 View attachment 1269426 View attachment 1269427 View attachment 1269428 View attachment 1269429

Can you post some fit pics of the Jacno boots in the Celine thread?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads