• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

papillo

Reaction score
Does anyone here happen to own a teddy that was sold under Hedi vs the current ones in store? They seem to be a bit slimmer now than a 2014 jacket that I own. Is this confirmed, or am i imagining things?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here has seen the pre-order stuff for the next collection. I'm really not feeling what I'm seeing so far.

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
Literally all I want is for them to bring back the 60mm Harness or Zip Wyatts so I don’t have to pay $900 for some beat up junk version on Grailed. Hopefully if the 60mm Jacno is successful they do it.

Randeep

Reaction score
Does anyone here happen to own a teddy that was sold under Hedi vs the current ones in store? They seem to be a bit slimmer now than a 2014 jacket that I own. Is this confirmed, or am i imagining things?

I've got a fw16 black/white teddy, Fit is true to size for me (48) - it is 88% wool/2% silk/10% polyamide. This is contrast to the newer seasons one which felt a bit less substantial and are 90% wool/10% polyamide. The drape seemed a little less structured to me and I actually found 46 to even be passable (i.e. they most certaintly, in my mind at least, have not got slimmer) - see next post

rire

Reaction score
I saw some on Luisa Via Roma and Saks websites
Oh right!

The Dylan boots are quite slick and that suit Mica was wearing on the runway is nice. Other than that, nothing really stands out so far.

Randeep

Reaction score
Went to try on the new season teddy in burgundy for size yesterday - toying with the idea of maybe purchasing. I'm usually a (built) size 48, but the sizing on these teddys has left me a little confused:

Bright red = IT48 = my usual size
Burgundy = IT46 = a size down from my usual size.

There is not much in it but the SAs insisted the 48 (red) was the better fit. Bearing in mind I don't intend to get bigger and don't layer my jackets (only wear t-shirts) I think the 46 is a better fit. Unfortunately the side shot has the burgundy jacket riding up a bit but from the back comparison shots the 46 is around the same length and more importantly doesn't have all that extra fabric creasing up around the back.

Ignoring colours - what do you guys think? 46 (unconventional for me) or 48?

IMG_6744.jpg
IMG_6747.jpg
IMG_6745.jpg
IMG_6749.jpg
IMG_6754.jpg
IMG_6753.jpg

Bonus: they had 30mm wyatt chelseas in python - didn't find them that nice due to small scale size/lack of gloss/lack of 40mm heel - this is contrast to those that got released in fw16 (40mm high gloss large scales). These formed a crease as soon as I tried them on (I'm a 43, these were a 42.5, but didn't feel tight and given they're python felt like they'd give a little easier with time).

IMG_6733.jpg

IMG_6736.jpg
IMG_6741.jpg

Lastly, tried on the faux fur peacoat, it was several sizes too big (52-54 iirc) but....i love how fabulous it looked :foo:

IMG_6758.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here has seen the pre-order stuff for the next collection. I'm really not feeling what I'm seeing so far.

I'm not seeing anything for pre-order on the US site. Is this already a s/s collection? I have f/w which looks good but about par for the course!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ohyehhh, great stuff as always. you could 100% rock that fur coat, and not many can. if you could find that in your size...

no doubt to me the burgundy teddy in 46 is the way to go. the 48 has too much fabric all over the place.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing anything for pre-order on the US site. Is this already a s/s collection? I have f/w which looks good but about par for the course!
I haven't seen pre-ss up on the ysl site yet, only on LVR and Saks. LVR has quite a bit of stuff, but other than the Dylan boots nothing really stands out to me.

I'm also for the 46 on the Teddy, and a purchase of the faux fur coat when it inevitably goes on sale. I bought the black one from last season, and I love it.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Literally all I want is for them to bring back the 60mm Harness or Zip Wyatts so I don’t have to pay $900 for some beat up junk version on Grailed. Hopefully if the 60mm Jacno is successful they do it.

I hear ya. All I want for is for the to bring back the cowboys wyatts so I don't have to pay $2000 for a used beat up pair.

I would happily pay $900 for a pair of cowboy wyatts though.

papillo

Reaction score
Went to try on the new season teddy in burgundy for size yesterday - toying with the idea of maybe purchasing. I'm usually a (built) size 48, but the sizing on these teddys has left me a little confused:

Bright red = IT48 = my usual size
Burgundy = IT46 = a size down from my usual size.

There is not much in it but the SAs insisted the 48 (red) was the better fit. Bearing in mind I don't intend to get bigger and don't layer my jackets (only wear t-shirts) I think the 46 is a better fit. Unfortunately the side shot has the burgundy jacket riding up a bit but from the back comparison shots the 46 is around the same length and more importantly doesn't have all that extra fabric creasing up around the back.

Ignoring colours - what do you guys think? 46 (unconventional for me) or 48?

Thanks so much for the response. I agree with you that the current version is less substantial than my 2014 jacket. Which was a 93% wool 7% polyamide. I personally prefer the bright red size 48 on you, especially form the front view. The front of the burgundy one looks a lil bit too small on your frame (IMO). Although the burgundy does not have as much fabric as the red one, it rides up in the back and I wonder if that's because of the smaller size. You do look great in both, and since you would be wearing it with just a t-shirt, the 46 is probably better for you.

ps. the faux fur coat is fire!

Last edited:

BigRed

Reaction score
I haven't seen pre-ss up on the ysl site yet, only on LVR and Saks. LVR has quite a bit of stuff, but other than the Dylan boots nothing really stands out to me.

I'm also for the 46 on the Teddy, and a purchase of the faux fur coat when it inevitably goes on sale. I bought the black one from last season, and I love it.
On a unrelated note did you ever get any pics of your black suede Wyatt Chelsea, side zip boots, and Dakota’s?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads