• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edgar-pr

Reaction score
I had been going back and forth in my head trying to decide if my recent (and first) D02 purchase was the right size, so I decided to order a size larger just to see if I was missing anything. As some have rightly said, going up a size doesn't really seem to change the silhouette all too much. This is how the 33 fits me (the tee isn't tucked in ive just raised it up to see the waistline). Admittedly far more comfy in the thighs and calves than the 32, whilst still retaining the skinny silhouette. However the waist is easily an inch too big and really needs to be taken in.

What are peoples thoughts on the fit of them - do they look right? And how successful have people been with waist alterations? I've searched throughout this thread and seems like a few people have had the waist altered but not really seen anyone talk on how good the results have been.

Edit: added a pic of the 32's (fit with Wyatts and biker) for comparison

IMG_7951.jpeg

IMG_7670.jpeg

Trixz

Reaction score
I had been going back and forth in my head trying to decide if my recent (and first) D02 purchase was the right size, so I decided to order a size larger just to see if I was missing anything. As some have rightly said, going up a size doesn't really seem to change the silhouette all too much. This is how the 33 fits me (the tee isn't tucked in ive just raised it up to see the waistline). Admittedly far more comfy in the thighs and calves than the 32, whilst still retaining the skinny silhouette. However the waist is easily an inch too big and really needs to be taken in.

What are peoples thoughts on the fit of them - do they look right? And how successful have people been with waist alterations? I've searched throughout this thread and seems like a few people have had the waist altered but not really seen anyone talk on how good the results have been.

Edit: added a pic of the 32's (fit with Wyatts and biker) for comparison

My personal opinion is go with the smaller size and let them wear in and fit like a glove. I've had many pairs of slp denim, on the side of 12, and they always stretch out. The only pair I have not had stretch out are from 2014 which are composition of 99 cotton 1 elasthanne

edgar-pr

Reaction score
My personal opinion is go with the smaller size and let them wear in and fit like a glove. I've had many pairs of slp denim, on the side of 12, and they always stretch out. The only pair I have not had stretch out are from 2014 which are composition of 99 cotton 1 elasthanne

Thanks for the input! By how much do you find yours stretched out? And won't any stretching revert once they're washed? I did hear constantly about how they do stretch out and how many people size down but I've worn the smaller size for a solid week and there is pretty much no give in the fabric on either thighs or calves (can't even pinch the tiniest bit of fabric).

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you cant pinch on thigh, its too tight.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! By how much do you find yours stretched out? And won't any stretching revert once they're washed? I did hear constantly about how they do stretch out and how many people size down but I've worn the smaller size for a solid week and there is pretty much no give in the fabric on either thighs or calves (can't even pinch the tiniest bit of fabric).
I have a pair of D04s from SS13 which are 2% elastane and hilariously skinny (they probably fit a TTS 25 or maybe even a 24). They stretched about a size, maybe a size and a half in the waist. Washing will slightly reduce stretching, but not 100%, and they'll stretch back out after a wear or two anyways. I think both of the pairs you have are too tight in the calf, but fine in the thigh, although I prefer my denim to be basically skin tight until the knee and straight/slim thru the calf.

Bill H

Reaction score
I agree with those advocating the smaller size... if you can't get them on, then they are too tight.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt go with the smaller size, 32. The Wyatts look great btw.

BigRed

Reaction score
I go tts in all my sip boots except for the Dakotas.

Hey I think you have some side zip Wyatt’s if I’m not mistaken. I want to get a SLP black suede boot...I’m debating *************** suede side zip, regular Chelsea, or the Dakota Chelsea that you have...which do you recommend??

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I think you have some side zip Wyatt’s if I’m not mistaken. I want to get a SLP black suede boot...I’m debating *************** suede side zip, regular Chelsea, or the Dakota Chelsea that you have...which do you recommend??
Yeah I have the black leather 40 sidezips and love them. I also have a 30 Chelsea in suede that I love too. Personally I would get either of those over dakotas, unless you specifically want the Dakota for the pointier toe/western vibe. But for me between a sidezip and Chelsea is a coin flip.

I’ll try to take pics of my Dakota’s when I get home in a couple days

BigRed

Reaction score
Yeah I have the black leather 40 sidezips and love them. I also have a 30 Chelsea in suede that I love too. Personally I would get either of those over dakotas, unless you specifically want the Dakota for the pointier toe/western vibe. But for me between a sidezip and Chelsea is a coin flip.

I’ll try to take pics of my Dakota’s when I get home in a couple days

Thank you sir, I appreciate it

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the meantime, I wanted to tell you, if this is a consideration, that the Celine boots I bought were really comfortable. Other people seem to agree. I might look into those if that’s a factor for you

BigRed

Reaction score
In the meantime, I wanted to tell you, if this is a consideration, that the Celine boots I bought were really comfortable. Other people seem to agree. I might look into those if that’s a factor for you

I’ve been kind of holding out to see more Celine boots come out. My local Saks has the western Camaruges and the black leather Chelsea Camargues with the harness. I want to see the regular black suede Camragues. Which pair did you pick up?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been kind of holding out to see more Celine boots come out. My local Saks has the western Camaruges and the black leather Chelsea Camargues with the harness. I want to see the regular black suede Camragues. Which pair did you pick up?
I forget what they’re called, but they’re the suede jodhpurs with the back zip. I posted a few pics in that thread. I’m gonna try to get you some side by side pics of the boots you’re looking at when I get home.

papillo

Reaction score

Nice! Which saks is this? Interesting that Celine doesnt have their mens election in all their stores, but has them at retailers.

BigRed

Reaction score
Nice! Which saks is this? Interesting that Celine doesnt have their mens election in all their stores, but has them at retailers.

At the Saks in the Houston Galleria. The Celine boutique in the same mall doesn't have any of the men's stuff yet, which is really bizarre to me. Sounds like they're waiting for their store remodel before putting them in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads