• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

papillo

Reaction score
I’m thinking about picking up my first pair of SLP denim and wanted your guys input. I’m debating between the D02 stretch denim or the D02 raw black denim. Which would you recommend between the two?

I peronally prefer denim that has stretch in it for the comfort. Im not sure how the sizing is now under vacarello, but for the old non stretch denim, i would size up 1 from my normal size to account for the lack of elastene.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I’m thinking about picking up my first pair of SLP denim and wanted your guys input. I’m debating between the D02 stretch denim or the D02 raw black denim. Which would you recommend between the two?
denim w/o stretch > denim with stretch
if you need elastane to fit comfortably in your denim, your denim is too tight

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

can anyone tell me what coat this is (6:19)

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks man, is $800 a good price for one? I am trying to get one in the 6-800 range.

BigRed

Reaction score

I picked these up yesterday for $485 at Saks. Too good to pass up!

Gooly001

Reaction score
sample pieces question

Hi can anyone tell me about slp sample pieces? I recently purchased a sample leather bomber jacket and was wondering if it’s inferior then the final iteration? Any information would be greatly appreciate regarding quality, rarity, pricing compared to the final jackets etc
Attach photo is the sticker I found inside the jacket indicating it’s a sample

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 7A6DA858-5E12-4602-A94C-93ABD6A12B57.jpeg
    7A6DA858-5E12-4602-A94C-93ABD6A12B57.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 201

youwhat

Reaction score
that the leather flight jacket? that came in tan suede.

no one knows to be honest. people will pipe up that they know but they are talking of their arses.
it could have been a sample made to test the fit or just to see how a certain type of leather looks.

Gooly001

Reaction score
that the leather flight jacket? that came in tan suede.

no one knows to be honest. people will pipe up that they know but they are talking of their arses.
it could have been a sample made to test the fit or just to see how a certain type of leather looks.

It is the flight jacket but in black lambskin leather
I see photos of the tan suede version that made it to stores but nothing on the black Lambskin
There’s articles discussing other jackets that are sampled makes with better quality leather and are 1/1 pieces or even fitted for models specifically
Just trying to navigate the misinformation so I can understand what I bought.
Thanks

Attachments

• AF543DAE-6F13-4D07-90E6-97485028A6F5.jpeg
    AF543DAE-6F13-4D07-90E6-97485028A6F5.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 252

youwhat

Reaction score
articles usually written by person trying to sell the item. unless they are going to the tanneries they are guessing...but even then a more expensive piece of leather wont make it better.

was on realreal that wasnt it. looked pretty nice...leather looked thinner than what they'd they'd normally use on that type of jacket (thinner / thicker doesnt mean better / worse).

Gooly001

Reaction score
articles usually written by person trying to sell the item. unless they are going to the tanneries they are guessing...but even then a more expensive piece of leather wont make it better.

was on realreal that wasnt it. looked pretty nice...leather looked thinner than what they'd they'd normally use on that type of jacket (thinner / thicker doesnt mean better / worse).

Yah just received from trr, they didn’t provide information that it was sample so still unsure if I should keep it or return it. Still contemplating tks for your information

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its this. doubt you'll get one for 800 dollars.

If I were to go to an SLP store do they still have any that are as tapered/slim fitting with the sharp shoulders. Because I'd like to try one on before I start poaching for an old one second hand and end up not liking it. Anything else noticeable about the cut of the coats in FW13-16 vs current variety? I am only familiar with the shirts and jeans, sorry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics