• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

papillo

Reaction score
I'm compiling a list of brands that have an aesthetic similar to or compatible to Saint Laurent Paris, at any price point.

Here's what I compiled so far: The Kooples, current Celine, Balmain, Zadig & Voltaire, Sandro, Belstaff, Enfants Riches Deprimes, Amiri, Iro Paris, John Varvatos, Neil Barrett, AllSaints, Alexander McQueen

If anyone has suggestions to expand the list, I'd be incredibly thankful!

Some Ksubi would qualify.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was mentioning in the Celine thread how I kinda like Givenchy's recent tailoring, which, along with some of the boots, strike me as somewhat similar to Vaccarello's SLP, but this only applies to certain items. The majority of Givenchy's stuff, from what I can tell, is still garbage with "Givenchy" written on it .

Yeah, Claire Wright Keller's streetwear side of things is really terrible, all those cycling-inspired t's and sweatshirts :----E

edgar-pr

Reaction score
Finally joined the D02 club. Picked up a pretty cheap pair from Double F (still some sizes available for £200 / €230 for anyone thats interested).

Just wanted to ask about sizing. These are black raw from 2019. They fit me pretty much perfectly throughout, but have a cm or two extra in the waist (not an issue at the moment as they stay up on their own). I remembered reading people saying that previous Vaccarello seasons were stretching out loads in the waist. Can anyone chime in on the 2019 version?

Don't want them to turn into a belt only pair and can't really see it being possible to size down anymore as they are skinny enough elsewhere (I know they'll stretch a bit).

BC025052-8E9E-44C4-83A6-49E26725FA94.JPG

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that raw denim will only stretch out in the waist if it's tight there, so I don't think if it's loose for you it should be a problem. Personally, I think you always want to size your jeans for the thighs, but those can stretch out a little bit too.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Finally joined the D02 club. Picked up a pretty cheap pair from Double F (still some sizes available for £200 / €230 for anyone thats interested).

Just wanted to ask about sizing. These are black raw from 2019. They fit me pretty much perfectly throughout, but have a cm or two extra in the waist (not an issue at the moment as they stay up on their own). I remembered reading people saying that previous Vaccarello seasons were stretching out loads in the waist. Can anyone chime in on the 2019 version?

Don't want them to turn into a belt only pair and can't really see it being possible to size down anymore as they are skinny enough elsewhere (I know they'll stretch a bit).
you can also tailor in the waist, I've done that to a few pairs

1cleanm3

Reaction score
Bought a pair of fw13 crash denim and was wondering if someone could legit check these for me?
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to chime in on the above, Anthony's denim, especially the raws, are a bit looser in the waist but still tight in the thighs, calves, etc. In fact, I'm wearing a pair of MIJ, 2018 (or 2017?) black raws. I like to say that they're mercifully comfortable in the waist; it's not bad after a summer of vacations.

edgar-pr

Reaction score
Thanks for input guys.

When you've had the waist taken in, have they done it from the sides to retain the pocket position?

I'm actually now in two minds whether or not I should size up to a 33 and then have the waist taken in. The raw fabric doesn't look like it will stretch out all too much, especially in the thighs. They're not quite skin tight, but doesn't look like there would be much give if my legs grew any bigger. If they do stretch out a bit after a few wears then it would put my mind at ease.

Edit - updated with better pics. This is how the 32 currently fits. Tight as a mother around the calves so hoping they will stretch out with some wear. Stats: 6ft 3, 176 lbs, top heavy athletic

IMG_7669.jpeg
IMG_7670.jpeg

Last edited:

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m curious about where they took them in also. I brought a pair of SLP’s in to my tailor to have the waist taken in. They fit great (if not tight) in the thighs, but are super loose in the waist. The tailor didn’t even know where to begin without messing the jeans up. She didn’t want to take them in in the back center due to the intricate design, and didn’t want to take them in at the sides saying it would be complicated with the pockets. She told me the only option would be essentially putting darts in the waist, and persuaded me not to bother.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
When you've had the waist taken in, have they done it from the sides to retain the pocket position?
I’m curious about where they took them in also. I brought a pair of SLP’s in to my tailor to have the waist taken in.
I got them taken in at the back seam- I forgot SLP denim has the extra bit of fabric, which could definitely complicate things. The pocket positions on mine may have changed slightly, but I've been wearing that pair of denim for 2 or 3 years, so I can't remember exactly. They're the pair of black waxed ones, I've posted a few fits with them

luckyyyyy

Reaction score
Hey all, can anyone give me some tips on what to look out for when purchasing a Teddy jacket off from Grailed? How do I tell if it's a legit piece and not a fake? I've sold my 2014 version and I regret, so I'm looking for another. It's been a while since I've had it, so I'm just wanting some help. Here's what I'm looking at : https://www. grailed. com/listings/10693978-Saint-Laurent-Paris-FW17-SLP-Teddy-Jacket

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to be that guy, but picked up a pair of MIJ D01's with a 2014 production year and, while everything else appears to check out as legit, the hems appear to either have been altered or else Hedi was using a sloppy factory that season - the hems are curved on both legs and on one leg appear to be misaligned from front to back. Additionally, the stitching is much closer to the edge than on my other two pairs of SLP denim (from 2016 production year).

Can someone confirm this isn't somehow a feature and not a bug?

IMG_3854.jpg
IMG_3855.JPG
IMG_3857.JPG

BigRed

Reaction score
I’m thinking about picking up my first pair of SLP denim and wanted your guys input. I’m debating between the D02 stretch denim or the D02 raw black denim. Which would you recommend between the two?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads