• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went ahead and copped the 48 (SS17 lamb). Some will say I could’ve gone 46 but I plan on putting some weight back on and this is a comfortable fit. When my arms are by my side I wish the sleeves were about a half inch shorter, but I’m also used to the very cropped sleeves of my JE rider.
View attachment 1230572

Jacket looks amazing. Great fit.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, really happy to finally have this piece. Now just need the cafe racer and the suede trucker..

looks a lot better on you than ive seen in most saint laurent models even. Cuz you have a good build.

iamkenji

Reaction score
V
Went ahead and copped the 48 (SS17 lamb). Some will say I could’ve gone 46 but I plan on putting some weight back on and this is a comfortable fit. When my arms are by my side I wish the sleeves were about a half inch shorter, but I’m also used to the very cropped sleeves of my JE rider.
View attachment 1230572
fit nicely ?, are you a 48 with other brands?

Seoul Soul

Reaction score
I'm compiling a list of brands that have an aesthetic similar to or compatible to Saint Laurent Paris, at any price point.

Here's what I compiled so far: The Kooples, current Celine, Balmain, Zadig & Voltaire, Sandro, Belstaff, Enfants Riches Deprimes, Amiri, Iro Paris, John Varvatos, Neil Barrett, AllSaints, Alexander McQueen

If anyone has suggestions to expand the list, I'd be incredibly thankful!

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aren't most of the brands you listed copycat brands of an admittedly derivative look? Iro, Sandro, AllSaints, etc.

Seoul Soul

Reaction score
Alexander McQueen had many rock/biker-inspired pieces last time I checked.
Belstaff ... yeah, it's not quite the same I have to admit, albeit their lookbook ultimately looks similar to that of SLP.

Aren't most of the brands you listed copycat brands of an admittedly derivative look? Iro, Sandro, AllSaints, etc.
They are, but that's part of what I'm compiling - brands with a similar design direction.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I'm compiling a list of brands that have an aesthetic similar to or compatible to Saint Laurent Paris, at any price point.

Here's what I compiled so far: The Kooples, current Celine, Balmain, Zadig & Voltaire, Sandro, Belstaff, Enfants Riches Deprimes, Amiri, Iro Paris, John Varvatos, Neil Barrett, AllSaints, Alexander McQueen

If anyone has suggestions to expand the list, I'd be incredibly thankful!
hard to list specific brands as slp varies quite a bit season to season- ss15 vs ss16 vs fw16 are all wildly different. Given that, Blackmeans, FromTheFirst, Story Et Fall, Dior, Prada, Number (N)ine, Balenciaga, Vivienne Westwood, Undercover, Wacko Maria, TheSoloist., and Lad Musician come to mind.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was mentioning in the Celine thread how I kinda like Givenchy's recent tailoring, which, along with some of the boots, strike me as somewhat similar to Vaccarello's SLP, but this only applies to certain items. The majority of Givenchy's stuff, from what I can tell, is still garbage with "Givenchy" written on it .

Celine would be an obvious brand with considerable overlap to SLP, for obvious reasons.

Amiri would as well, although from what I"ve seen on websites, the clothes are awful--however, the latest runway collection looked fantastic to me.

cloonz

Reaction score
Wow you're right Amiri SS2020 looks wonderful. I'm surprised.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads