• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
if they have a 45 let me know but looking for the nut version only since I got the black suede Dakotas from mr p

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Picked up two suede Lukas boots at Nordstrom Rack today. In my size for $300 each!!! One is nut and this one is I believe hazelnut. The nut I can find info on, but it's been tough finding info on this one. I figured between the time it takes to go from Nordstrom to the Rack and discounted to this price, it's been two years or so. Does anyone know which season this came from? Thanks.

View attachment 1224700 View attachment 1224703 View attachment 1224704

Those are nut

engchi006

Reaction score
I went back and found some distressed Ikat high tops in size 41 for 225. Rack in Northbrook, IL if interested

iamkenji

Reaction score
Hi
Some questions about slp biker leather jackets, L01 and L17, I think I will get one for this winter, which types of leather to choose? is there particular leather good for certain style? and the sizing, is ‘19 sizing more for regular body type?( got some D02 jeans and shirt from ‘18, and the sizing is for super models), my ‘19 D02 jeans is more wearable, and my ‘18 D02 jeans and shirt’s sleeves are 3-4” longer, sigh! They still are sitting in the box, 29” D02 and xs fennel shirt, with the tags attached, I can provide pics if anyone interested

iamkenji

Reaction score
Picked up two suede Lukas boots at Nordstrom Rack today. In my size for $300 each!!! One is nut and this one is I believe hazelnut. The nut I can find info on, but it's been tough finding info on this one. I figured between the time it takes to go from Nordstrom to the Rack and discounted to this price, it's been two years or so. Does anyone know which season this came from? Thanks.

About the sizing, did you buy half or one size bigger? Thanks

BxQ

Reaction score
After buying some slp footwear and jeans, I want to explore the outerwear and shirts. I'm quite slim, for example, I size down in d02s and generally wear a 46 in outerwear. As a point of reference, a 46 generally has a 43-45cm (16.9-17.8 inch) shoulder. However, I noticed that every time I ask the shoulder sizing for slp tops, whether it is for leather jackets, blazers, coats, button-up shirts a 46 or size small has shoulder sizes like 40-42 cm (15.7-16.5 inch). They're not women's pieces, so am I missing something? Any comment on top sizing for slp? Ideally, I would try in the store but that isn't possible.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After buying some slp footwear and jeans, I want to explore the outerwear and shirts. I'm quite slim, for example, I size down in d02s and generally wear a 46 in outerwear. As a point of reference, a 46 generally has a 43-45cm (16.9-17.8 inch) shoulder. However, I noticed that every time I ask the shoulder sizing for slp tops, whether it is for leather jackets, blazers, coats, button-up shirts a 46 or size small has shoulder sizes like 40-42 cm (15.7-16.5 inch). They're not women's pieces, so am I missing something? Any comment on top sizing for slp? Ideally, I would try in the store but that isn't possible.
I feel that SLP outerwear (I have three overcoats) tends to fluctuate a bit. I have an old Hedi overcoat in an oversized 50, a fake fur coat in 46, and I just picked up a new season trench coat in a 48. I'm usually a size 48 in stuff, so take that as you will.

Now, I have one SLP blazer, and it is size 50, and is still incredibly slim on me, especially in the shoulders. I lift weights a bit, though.

Button down shirts, in my experience, are pretty tts.

I feel like ssense tends to have pretty good product measurements for SLP items, so I"d check there.

Reactions: BxQ

Louis D

Reaction score
Was just in Vegas and got to check out the L01 leather jacket in person. Have the Calf leathers always looked so grainy and textured? and shiny? I feel like past seasons were more matte and smoother. Closer to the lambskin. Can somebody confirm? Not sure if I like it less or more. I have a Lamb version from 2013 that I love. But wanted to see if there was a change in the leather in recent times. I also saw on YSL.com, that they offer a Vintage Black Calf version of the L01 as well.

It looks like the Moroder leather with the full grain and textures. Has this become the new standard? Feels stiffer and shinier, but has the potential to age really nicely.
Given the gold chain and zip pulls I'd say that's a women's Moroder from FW16 or so. Do you know what size this is, and what the price was? I'm looking for one of these.

papillo

Reaction score

Wow what a great buy. I love Nordstrom rack and random finds like this. Enjoy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads