• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of translucent SLP sunglasses with a reflective frame. Probably the item I receive the most compliments on; just sort of simple but cool. They're a couple years old now, so I think the whole transulcent thing is way done. I'm eyeing (no pun intended) those Keanu aviators, too.

walds11

Reaction score
I have a pair of translucent SLP sunglasses with a reflective frame. Probably the item I receive the most compliments on; just sort of simple but cool. They're a couple years old now, so I think the whole transulcent thing is way done. I'm eyeing (no pun intended) those Keanu aviators, too.

They are definitely not readily available. Per other countries websites:

ESTIMATED SHIPPING DATE: NO LATER THAN ‎15/08/2019‎

Dang, could be over a month!

thomas199023

Reaction score
I have these or an earlier iteration of them. I think they are bada$$ and I get many compliments for them. As for quality they are pretty good. I've had mine for about three years and they have some creases on the top of the toe area and I really only use them on vacations. However, I'm not the best with shoe upkeep and maintenance nor the best knowledge on leather quality. Upkeep for me means putting shoe horns in them. I can tell you they feel like butter on your feet. Any questions just ask and I'll do my best!

I held out and waited for the sale to go to 70%, and I lucked out! 127 Euro, a great deal. Bought them in my size, 44.
Super pleased with them at this price, and good to hear they seem to last!
IMG_8400.JPG

In the same sale, I managed to get the WYATT BOOTS IN SMOOTH LEATHER I had my eyes on, also at 70% off. Literally the last pair in the store, I was eyeing them for weeks. Those came to 245 Euro. These actually:
IMG_8401.JPG

If anyone is interested, the sale is still going on, and they do have some Saint Laurent shoes left in Amsterdam. The store is called "de Bijenkorf". They have an online store as well, I assume they ship Europe wide: http://www.bijenkorf.nl/

Last edited:

thomas199023

Reaction score
Perhaps a dumb question, but what kind of shoe trees should I use for those Wyatt boots? Are there special "boot" shoe trees? I've never seen them.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Perhaps a dumb question, but what kind of shoe trees should I use for those Wyatt boots? Are there special "boot" shoe trees? I've never seen them.
I don't use shoe trees, they stretch out the leather to the shape of the tree instead of your foot unless they're custom made shoe trees for your individual foot

I treat my boots like **** and they've been fine, even after 3-4 hard years of wear. 2 of my 3 boots don't even have vibram on them after that long, and they're still fine

Basick

Reaction score
Hey,

A friend brought this SLP wyatt boot but can I get a legit check on them as they're not providing box / dust bag with them.

Attachments

• IMG_5814.PNG
    IMG_5814.PNG
    639.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5815.PNG
    IMG_5815.PNG
    626.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5816.PNG
    IMG_5816.PNG
    644.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5817.PNG
    IMG_5817.PNG
    646.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5818.PNG
    IMG_5818.PNG
    652.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5819.PNG
    IMG_5819.PNG
    580.4 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Everything looks fine, but that harness is the loosest harness I've ever seen

Jesserdzcrz

Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase my first pair of SL06s and was wondering if anybody could help me with sizing. I am wanting the rose pink suede color and can only find a 41 online. I wear a 41.5 in Wyatt Harness. Will the SL06s in 41 be too small?

ogsilverhaze

Reaction score
He
Here I am !

For me, the good size is :

1- you should be able to close the jacket (it's may be obvious, but some people take too small...), and then the jacket should be close to the body and the leather part should end where the shoulders end

2- when point number 1 is respected : logically when the jacket is opened the leather part at the shoulder will extend just a little, and the construction of the jacket will give a little oversized effect, but not too much

3- if you are not too small or too tall, the jacket should end on the belt (cropped cut), and the sleeves should end normally (meaning 1 cm after the rounded bone)

Let's take examples.

1- Runway

For me the fit is perfect.

2- Ad campaign

Here I have the feeling the jacket is 1 size too small : not sure he can close it without too much creases, sleeves seems too short, it seems a little too fitted.

3- A blogger

Here I know some people will say it's the good size but I can't stop myself from thinking he should have try to size down 1.

His other photos : http://www.mressentialist.com/varsity-jacket-spring-trend/

4- A guy on the internet

Seems perfect to me : shoulders, sleeves, the way it fits the body.

5- An other guy on the internet

Here the sleeves are clearly too long, but shoulders seem ok so I don't know if the guy is small or if his sweater is thick or if he is athletic or whatever : maybe it's ok but to me it's not the intended fit.

6- Myself

So I took photos with the teddy a few weeks ago, from different angles, open and close, different postures.

This is size 46 (2016 production) and it was the better size for me since with 44 sleeves were too short and it simply felt too small like ad campaign, and 48 was quite ok a the shoulders but sleeves were too long.

I am quite happy with the fit and I find the jacket optimal with a shirt.

Here is the album, 20 photos : https://www.styleforum.net/media/albums/saint-laurent-teddy-jacket-fit-2017.736442/

Hope it helped ! :)

Hey bud, may I know whats your shoulder/chest size?

Reaction score
anybody own this shirt yet and can give their opinion?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 12.26.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 12.26.09 PM.png
    908.5 KB · Views: 191

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads