• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no, that's tough! What a great jacket and overall combo. I love the high armholes and cut of the sleeves, in particular. If you can't get rid of the stench, George Torpe in Manhattan is the man.

I'd love to visit the Manhattan store..except i'm in Australia lol

Lol I'm always scared of that happening to me at the club and its why I only wear leather Wyatts there instead of suede. Getting jean stains aren`t too bad since the stains come off rather easily with the laundress. But shirts and the wool jacket can be annoying.

Funnily enough i never wear my leather footwear i always wear the black suede cause it hides well, the brown ones don't though my brown ones are ruined. My black suedes have held up so well, so many big nights and casual nights in clubs.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I was out in a club with my friends wearing Le Smoking jacket, FW15 Polka Dot button up, and FW15 MIJ D02 (any plain black MIJ D02 are at this point grail right?) my friend came up beside me and like an idiot i blindly waved my hand to give him a bro hug (you know when you're drunk and everybody is your best friend ever?) and of course i knocked his drink out of his hand in a way that the entire contents of his basically full cup went ALL over my jacket and jeans and boots and a bit on my shirt.

Rather embarrassingly (for me) the staff member had to come out with a mop to clean it all.

My jacket REEKED of gin the next day.
gives it character- basically all my clothes have ash, booze, or other bodily fluids on it

clothes without wear are boring

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but I think you have to make a distinction between jeans and nice blazers.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Good eye. Those are Saint Laurent. Here's the shot for anyone who didn't see it:

858b2c7d-13ae-4e22-9253-299cc4a8e4bd-png.1181935

These look too pointy

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
I just looked it over. In line with my general pessimism, I'll start with what I didn't like.

I think those parachute pants, or whatever they're called, are what's going to eventually get Vaccarello fired, because no one is going to buy those. People who are into that look already have a few brands they can look at, and we don't need the house of Yves Saint Laurent going down that road. The sandals, also, killed me. I feel like one of the workers there needs to take Vaccarello aside and firmly tell him "no more sandals. Sandals are unacceptable." Although I can appreciate that he was going for some North African vibe with those shirts and tunics (not sure what they're called), they're not my thing, and probably not the thing of those who are still active in this thread. I don't know whose thing they are.

As to what I liked, I'll start with the jorts, although this is more because I know that SirGrotius was drooling over them. I"m very happy that we're getting more colors in the looks, and I definitely need to see those red boots in more detail. I'm not sure I liked the white suits, but nevertheless it's cool to see some non-black in these looks. Also, I'm pretty sure that Vaccarello is bringing me around to liking hats, and I'm really thinking of trying out one of the ones up for pre-order on the ysl site. Even though on first looking through the pics, none of the overall looks really moved me, I can definitely see individual pieces in there that I would buy, which after the disturbing pre-fall look presentation photos, is leading me to think that I'm still with Vacarello.

I wasn’t too big on SS20 either - hell I think it may be my least favorite menswear showing from Vaccarello since he took the helm as CD at the house. The Moroccan vibes were cool, yes, but all the over-the-top gender-bending attire really didn’t speak to my sensibilities. It was more feminine than it was challenging or sexy. The show was pretty monochromatic (surprise surprise), but while I feel as if we finally got a full dose of Vaccarello for SL’s menswear I’m not sure I like it.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t too big on SS20 either - hell I think it may be my least favorite menswear showing from Vaccarello since he took the helm as CD at the house. The Moroccan vibes were cool, yes, but all the over-the-top gender-bending attire really didn’t speak to my sensibilities. It was more feminine than it was challenging or sexy. The show was pretty monochromatic (surprise surprise), but while I feel as if we finally got a full dose of Vaccarello for SL’s menswear I’m not sure I like it.
I haven't had the guts to take another look at it.

SLPthicccboy

Reaction score
Random question I though interesting to ask. On your L17 leather jackets, do you guys wear it with the long tassels in the back on or off?

SLPthicccboy

Reaction score
My l17 does not have them. They are removable?
Yes they are removable on mine. I guess I’ll just take them off then, they look a bit odd in my opinion. I’m not sure what year or season it is, I bought it off a guy on Grailed. Does anyone know why some versions have tassels and others don’t? I see some on google have them while others do not. My guess would be a variance in SS and FW models maybe?

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I love the tassles on the 17, that and the vertical zip are the best parts about it
My l17 does not have them. They are removable?
you can just buy some leather cord and add it yourself- I did something similar to my conchos denim. They had the fringe removed when I bought them and I just re-added them. Before and after pics for anybody curious.
RlYIEAN.jpg
bk6KLgI.jpg

Bill H

Reaction score
You pull them conches off well; always like them but wasn't sure what they would look like on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads