• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off I love that black pair of suede Dakota’s, when I tried them on I had to go up from a 43.5 (Suede Wyatt size) to a 45 for the Dakota’s and I have a very narrow foot.
Ok, that is good to know. Thanks. I'm definitely considering ordering another pair when my refund goes through.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my pair of Jodhpurs in ebony from the SL sale, fits roomier than my 2017 pair and both are 42.5. Leather is now not as thick, even the straps, feels flimsy, the strap feels as though if I pull too tight it will break, my 2017 has thicker leather everywhere and fit snug at first wear. 2 years and the quality is down, luckily I didn't pay retail.

ruckzuck

Reaction score
Anyone watched the ss 20 show?
No more in-between bullshit, it's getting 100% anthony now and i have no idea who 'd actually wear or for which customer base he made those pieces. No hate intended, i actually liked his last men collections...but besides the music i wasn't feeling those airy versace glitter vibe at all.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just looked it over. In line with my general pessimism, I'll start with what I didn't like.

I think those parachute pants, or whatever they're called, are what's going to eventually get Vaccarello fired, because no one is going to buy those. People who are into that look already have a few brands they can look at, and we don't need the house of Yves Saint Laurent going down that road. The sandals, also, killed me. I feel like one of the workers there needs to take Vaccarello aside and firmly tell him "no more sandals. Sandals are unacceptable." Although I can appreciate that he was going for some North African vibe with those shirts and tunics (not sure what they're called), they're not my thing, and probably not the thing of those who are still active in this thread. I don't know whose thing they are.

As to what I liked, I'll start with the jorts, although this is more because I know that SirGrotius was drooling over them. I"m very happy that we're getting more colors in the looks, and I definitely need to see those red boots in more detail. I'm not sure I liked the white suits, but nevertheless it's cool to see some non-black in these looks. Also, I'm pretty sure that Vaccarello is bringing me around to liking hats, and I'm really thinking of trying out one of the ones up for pre-order on the ysl site. Even though on first looking through the pics, none of the overall looks really moved me, I can definitely see individual pieces in there that I would buy, which after the disturbing pre-fall look presentation photos, is leading me to think that I'm still with Vacarello.

iamfudge

Reaction score
looking through the thread, has recent wyatt chelsea's been more TTS? I'm a 9, would I take a 42? or would I need to size down?

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I snuck a peek at maybe a couple minutes of it a moment ago (thanks for the reminder). I quite liked some of the blazers and suiting early on. I must have got bored before the jorts showed up, because I missed them. Ironically, I'm wearing black SLP jorts today. I find them a lot more subtle than the torn, frayed washed denim ones.

Attachments

• 1559909142451.png
    1559909142451.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 164

Bill H

Reaction score
Hi Men, There is a pair of wyatts that have a similar harness to the front of these Santiags... does anyone know what season those Wyatts are?

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was out in a club with my friends wearing Le Smoking jacket, FW15 Polka Dot button up, and FW15 MIJ D02 (any plain black MIJ D02 are at this point grail right?) my friend came up beside me and like an idiot i blindly waved my hand to give him a bro hug (you know when you're drunk and everybody is your best friend ever?) and of course i knocked his drink out of his hand in a way that the entire contents of his basically full cup went ALL over my jacket and jeans and boots and a bit on my shirt.

Rather embarrassingly (for me) the staff member had to come out with a mop to clean it all.

My jacket REEKED of gin the next day.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was out in a club with my friends wearing Le Smoking jacket, FW15 Polka Dot button up, and FW15 MIJ D02 (any plain black MIJ D02 are at this point grail right?) my friend came up beside me and like an idiot i blindly waved my hand to give him a bro hug (you know when you're drunk and everybody is your best friend ever?) and of course i knocked his drink out of his hand in a way that the entire contents of his basically full cup went ALL over my jacket and jeans and boots and a bit on my shirt.

Rather embarrassingly (for me) the staff member had to come out with a mop to clean it all.

My jacket REEKED of gin the next day.

Oh no, that's tough! What a great jacket and overall combo. I love the high armholes and cut of the sleeves, in particular. If you can't get rid of the stench, George Torpe in Manhattan is the man.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Lol I'm always scared of that happening to me at the club and its why I only wear leather Wyatts there instead of suede. Getting jean stains aren`t too bad since the stains come off rather easily with the laundress. But shirts and the wool jacket can be annoying.

kwonster

Reaction score
I use the Saphir Invulner spray on all suede to help protect against stains. Saved one pair of boots in a similar situation, highly recommend it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads