• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KawaiiT

Reaction score
Has anyone compared John Elliot Biker Leather Jackets to SLP?
Obviously they aren't the same and the seasonal SLP Jackets are unique but from what I saw the cut is pretty similar, the most similar of all the brands I watched actually.

Havoc96

Reaction score
Hi folks need ur help someone can proxy duckies eyelet western boots size 42.5 thanks to everyone

papillo

Reaction score
Has anyone compared John Elliot Biker Leather Jackets to SLP?
Obviously they aren't the same and the seasonal SLP Jackets are unique but from what I saw the cut is pretty similar, the most similar of all the brands I watched actually.

I have experience with the Riders jacket, and it is not comparable in my opinion to the SLP L01 or L17. I like a lot of the casual stuff JE releases, but was really disappointed in the rider jacket. The leather is noticeably thinner, lighter and the zippers and materials don't compare to the SLP L01 I have. They also fit really slim. I would only consider them on deep discount.

They did just post a distressed rider from their collaboration with Blackmeans on IG that looks pretty promising.

Last edited:

choccylol

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing an FW15 gabardine wool teddy. Sellet has a size 52.

Never owned a teddy before, after some advice on the sizing if anyone has experience. Ive also been told each season has variances is sizing as well.

Im 6 ft 170 lb athletic build. Size 48R in suits is a tight fit across chest, but can button up.

Chest circumference is 40.5"

Do you guys think i could wear the sz 52 without it looking huge.

Style code of teddy is 354718 YYL09 4140

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wear FW15 44 L01 and 44 Teddy..

Will FW13 Cafe Racer in 44 fit properly?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I remember trying on the Racer and wear a 44 in everything, too, although I thought 42 fit better in the Teddy. Anyway, 44 in the Racer was good, but it's been a while. You don't have a return policy, I'm assuming? Could be a touch dicey if you have particularly broad shoulders but I think you'll be fine. Very clean piece with good leather, of course.

walds11

Reaction score
Back on the subject of the FW13 Cafe Racer. How is the sizing on these jackets? Run big, TTS or small? I wear size 40 US in tailored slim suit jackets. And a solid medium in most tops and outerwear. I’m 6ft, 160-165lbs, approx. 39-40” chest and 32” waist. So, size 50 YSL?

choccylol

Reaction score
Hey I'm same height as you and similar chest measurements, 31" waist. But 170lb.

Do you own a teddy at all? Still trying to get sizing advice on that.

Not sure to get 50 or 52 ysl.

Back on the subject of the FW13 Cafe Racer. How is the sizing on these jackets? Run big, TTS or small? I wear size 40 US in tailored slim suit jackets. And a solid medium in most tops and outerwear. I’m 6ft, 160-165lbs, approx. 39-40” chest and 32” waist. So, size 50 YSL?

walds11

Reaction score
Hey I'm same height as you and similar chest measurements, 31" waist. But 170lb.

Do you own a teddy at all? Still trying to get sizing advice on that.

Not sure to get 50 or 52 ysl.

No, I don’t own a Teddy. I’d love to be able to locate a Cafe Racer in my size though.

I found a grailed listing...”Size 50 (Fits like 48)”. So that tells me they run slim...?

Yeah, I’m probably same boat, not sure which size to get 50 or 52 YSL.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I remember trying on the Racer and wear a 44 in everything, too, although I thought 42 fit better in the Teddy. Anyway, 44 in the Racer was good, but it's been a while. You don't have a return policy, I'm assuming? Could be a touch dicey if you have particularly broad shoulders but I think you'll be fine. Very clean piece with good leather, of course.

Yeah no returns..i do have broad shoulders but based on what you say hopefully i'll be fine

Trixz

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of those nino's in wood? I think END has them but the price is marked up about $200

I have this pic that I posted awhile back. I can post others if you need more to go off of since the lighting is bad. I purchased mine from Ssense for $398 back during there sale. They are sold out now but they still have the Beige color nino's which were also on sale at around $500 and will most likely go on sale again. The nino's are nice for an everyday shoe that isn't as fancy as the wyatt's and jodhpurs. I like them because they are sleeker than most other desert/flat chelsea boots I've seen. In all honesty, I would not have purchased them at full price as they don't have the thrills of other Saint Laurent boots. Interestingly, on the END. website I also saw they had Jodhpur Nino's in the same colors.

Here is me with my grey D02's 2013 and my Nino's in the color earth. Lighting was sh!t in that bathroom! View attachment 1112939

I recently purchased some more Saint Laurent:
38793707MU_14_a_V4.jpg

Not sure I'll keep this one because I don't know how much use I'll get out of it as I'm a bit reluctant that it doesn't fit my comfort zone. It's a sweet shirt but you can see NIPPLES and if I wear a tee under it messes with the aesthetic.
12256781NA_14_a_V42.jpg

Haven't received this in the mail yet but it looks like a good basic to have for many years. With it being made in France I'm hoping that the quality is high.
40124591UD_14_a_V41.jpg

And these mid-rise skinny faded blue denim are keepers. They are as about distressed as I'll go! Otherwise I'm saving for Celine.

Last edited:

Manderlay

Reaction score
View attachment 1141668
Not sure I'll keep this one because I don't know how much use I'll get out of it as I'm a bit reluctant that it doesn't fit my comfort zone. It's a sweet shirt but you can see NIPPLES and if I wear a tee under it messes with the aesthetic.

You can always get nipple covers hahaha. But that shirt looks like it has a great cut.

Manderlay

Reaction score
View attachment 1141668

You can always get nipple covers hahaha. But that shirt looks like it has a great cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics