• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chelsea boots have been a part of the British indie scene for as long as I can remember. I still have Dior Home Chelsea boots from 2005. It wasn't only designer labels making them either, as all the shops like Topman and Office were full of pointed Chelsea boots back then, and all the kids were wearing them.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
Chelsea boots have been a part of the British indie scene for as long as I can remember. I still have Dior Home Chelsea boots from 2005. It wasn't only designer labels making them either, as all the shops like Topman and Office were full of pointed Chelsea boots back then, and all the kids were wearing them.
Kids that were into that kind of music you mean. You see a dude who go to gym three times a week wears Chelsea 10 years back???? Maybe yes if he happens to work in a office with dress code.

And now we see many dudes who don't give much damn about music or who are into sport dying to score themselves a pair of Chelseas, may it be Saint Laurent Paris or not. That is what I mean COOL. Chelsea has always been COOL to people who are linked to the music scene since 1960s, but that is about it.

I find people really love to nick-pick just to prove other poster wrong lmao. Or maybe everyone just can't read a full length post before posting themselves. Thinking.

Last edited:

Diet CCC

Reaction score
Yeah Dior Homme not high fashion? And Topman is not a high fashion copy label? Name other examples please you are just proving my point again. Better yet post some pictures to enlighten everyone how popular Chelsea boot were in 2005. Please do! Thanks!

Diet CCC

Reaction score
It is so hilarious, man it is like saying you can't say harness were not popular because it always has been for the biker crowd since 1950s or even earlier.

But like don't everyone just know harness boot are always cool and popular among biker crowd??? What matter is if harness is popular for the people who are not biker, not linked to the biker culture.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
Soccer must be the most popular sport on the planet because all the Brits love to watch the game in pub and get pissed drunk.

American Football must be the most popular sport on the planet because all the Americans love to watch the game in bar and get pissed drunk.

Perfect logic.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you're going on about, but Chelsea boots have been pretty ubiquitous in the UK for as long as I can remember and I'm 34. And no it wasn't only within the indie scene. Perhaps they're more popular now though.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kieran is right, chelsea boots were everywhere after the hedi look suddenly caught on in the early 2000s. all saints, topman etc all did versions.
i haven't seen a chelsea boot for ages but then i live in east london not ohio or wherever that type of stuff is still 'cool'

Diet CCC

Reaction score
Can't even read post now, laughing too hard. :satisfied:

But I do think you guys should post on other website/forums as well, because I am dead sure that many people don't know Chelseas has always been cool for those who are linked to the music scene!

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they're not cool now, just fyi. same way the 'music scene' is (thankfully) more likely to be grime or krautrock karaoke than all those godawful whiteboy landfill indie guitar bands.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“Chelsea has only been cool again for ordinary people recently... who actually own a pair?”

I just found out that I have unknowingly been ordinary for wearing the SLP Chelseas for the past 3-4 years. I have owned other Chelseas in the past but they don't compare to the SLP version in terms of the silhouette.

To be honest, I tried to be cool and purchased the 2014 Nut Wyatts but then realized that I wasn't cool enough to pull them off and sold them. I will go back to being my ordinary self.

Care to read my post? I gave a timeline of a decade ago, what are you wearing 10 years ago? Chelsea? Doubtful.[/QUOTE]
I can’t, you edited the post... you made it sound like Chelseas are ubiquitous now and not cool.

DocJimbo

Reaction score
I saw a girl the other day from a indie/folk band wears a pair of black harness leather boot with pointy toe, it look wicked cool, just like the women's version from SLP, for men's think french 85 with hardness. When I asked her where she got it she said theft shop for two bucks!

That's always been the knock against Heidi and those who reference these styles. It's thrift store goods priced at hundreds or thousands of dollars. And its true that you can buy some of those originals new (Schott, Frye, Doc Marten's). That photo of John Lennon, if in the US, probably was a pair of Frye's because that's what everyone in a rock band that I knew was wearing- that and vintage army jackets, STF 501s, and chambray workshirts. My best vintage piece is my original Levis trucker jacket bought in 1973.

Designers like Heidi aren't reproducing those vintage styles, they're interpreting them. I agree that non of those vintage boots have the elegance of an Wyatt. They have a utilitarian, work feel to them.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
o5hGchm.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads