• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DocJimbo

Reaction score
But how long will harness boots actually be cool? I don’t see them having as much longevity or functionality (poor word choice but ability to dress up or down) as compared to side zips or Chelseas

iu.jpeg

Gee, I don't know how long they'll be cool.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
But how long will harness boots actually be cool? I don’t see them having as much longevity or functionality (poor word choice but ability to dress up or down) as compared to side zips or Chelseas
That, is borderline trolling.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok got my fw13 wyatts but they look a bit off, legit check?

View attachment 905204

My condolences. The heel angle makes it obvious it isn’t legit. But if it fits nicely, I would keep it because this is the best alternative out there so far.

Edit: Forgot to consider that you might have paid legit Wyatt ‘13 price on it. In that case return it.

IChen

Reaction score

i mean i don't think most people on this thread are looking for their first boot.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i mean i don't think most people on this thread are looking for their first boot.
I think if you have a few then go for it, but otherwise from an investment perspective sometimes going conservative is better.

@Diet CCC, I wasn’t trying to troll. I was purely stating my opinion.

IChen

Reaction score
I think if you have a few then go for it, but otherwise from an investment perspective sometimes going conservative is better.

@Diet CCC, I wasn’t trying to troll. I was purely stating my opinion.

I get your point but we're talking about people buying $400+ jeans just for the styling and cut. :) but yeah I'd definitely get a Chelsea before I think about Harness.

ChronBong

Reaction score
Not a fan of crepe soles, nor am I a fan of BV shoes. I'd go with the SLP. or even like C&J. at least SLP Harness boots are different and cool.
i have SLP chelsea in sigaro and in the future i want to grab BV in the andoise color. my outfits are gonna be different and suited with certain style.

also BV suede is special waterproof i believe is what im told.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you’re right it looks pretty good

c96e41b352be4d5c7464d36d6313baa5.jpg

Yeah they're underrated. Look great with short leathers like the L01. I have the black slim too and love those as well, especially with the PC denim jacket and Devon boots / SL 01 white low tops. I still wear skinny mid waist and low waist black, but it's nice to have the variation.

ChronBong

Reaction score
41.5 fits closer to 42. for those harness u do a half size down while chelsea are more true to size.

Robin Michelangelo

Reaction score
41.5 fits closer to 42. for those harness u do a half size down while chelsea are more true to size.
I see. Because I tried on a 41 in store and they fit perfectly fine but on the too strap of the harness my foot was aching. I could always use an insole if anything. I noticed how a 42 1/2 is the same length as a 42 johdpurs. Weird

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received these in from a Grailed user, I had been searching for these forever but they fit bigger than I expected. Really beautiful boot in person though, I needed something that can handle snow and slush but still look better than a pair of Timberlands and these fit the bill. The shearling is a nice winter touch from the regular combats too. Gonna keep looking for a smaller size, but in the meantime if anyone wants these 42’s hit me up. Once I have these and the side zip Rangers I’ll be I’ll set for winter!

47B09353-E191-4149-ABA9-E0532C4F572B.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads