• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty classic for a SLP fit. The shoulder sits nicely on you and the jacket has a good drape. Problem is, your biceps might be too big! The jackets are cut with very high armholes and not a lot of room in the upper arm especially. I basically can’t lift any heavy weights if wearing Saint Laurent, not even joking.

JASSAJ

Reaction score
Pretty classic for a SLP fit. The shoulder sits nicely on you and the jacket has a good drape. Problem is, your biceps might be too big! The jackets are cut with very high armholes and not a lot of room in the upper arm especially. I basically can’t lift any heavy weights if wearing Saint Laurent, not even joking.

Thanks for the feedback.

And here you have my eternal dilemma: balancing my love of SLP and my love for working out.

Honestly the recent trend of oversized has been great as a lot of stuff just fits me. I picked up a pair of the "relaxed mid-waist" SLP denim (D31) in Melrose blue and the fit is perfection. So much so that I picked up the same cut in black and off-white. I was hesitant because they looked super baggy in the pictures I've seen of models wearing them, but on me they fit like a slim straight. They've quickly replaced my D18s for everyday wear.

JASSAJ

Reaction score
Casual Wednesday.
SLP sweater, SLP D31 denim, SLP Malibu Mid, Bellstaff Duffle coat.

IMG_0681.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg

IMG_0691.jpeg

Delphini

Reaction score
Hi guys, can you help me legit check this? It seems to be the same model as the iconic pins jacket from fw15, just without the pins? Not sure if it was released without the pins. Thanks in advance!
m37216033698_1.jpeg
m37216033698_6.jpeg
m37216033698_2.jpeg
m37216033698_3.jpeg
m37216033698_7.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really beat up to me. If I'm seeing it correctly, there are holes all over the lapel as if they removed the pins? Otherwise, looks all right, hardware is a little less beefy than I'm used to, but I'm not a label expert so will let other chime in on that front.

jesuisjesuis

Reaction score
The item code on that jacket refers to the version sans pins, meaning someone put their own pins on it at some point. It is a legit piece regardless.

piblondin

Reaction score
Fit opinions please.

I just received a blazer in black gabardine (FW 22) from Cettire. It's a 52. Most of my suits are 52/42 (RL Black Label or RL Purple). The SLP blazer has some serious shoulder padding, which is to be expected, but I don't know how to evaluate the fit given that.

If I put my hand on my hip I get a significant shoulder divot, but the shoulders look fine when my arms are neutral, elbow bent or hand is in my pocket. Is the shoulder divot normal given the padding and angle of my arm/shoulder? I get it in my suits with the same arm angle, but not as significantly (the suits have less shoulder padding though).

I dont spend a lot of time doing the Macarena or being sassy with my hands on my hips but thought I'd get opinions nonetheless.

Other than me questioning the shoulders, the back, lapels, etc fit perfectly. But of course shoulders are the most critical part of a jacket fit so...

Maybe I'm being hyper critical here, idk.

Pics (apparently I need to dust the mirror):

View attachment 1885433 View attachment 1885435 View attachment 1885437

Hand on hips:
View attachment 1885439

Hand in pocket:
View attachment 1885441
This looks to be too small, IMO.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I basically can’t lift any heavy weights if wearing Saint Laurent, not even joking.
At one point, I really wanted an L17.
Couldn't pull it off. I went in and tried, but size wise if I got the arms right, the body was off, and vice versa...

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score

For real! I row and to increase my performance I do strength training as well. (5x5 Squat, DL, BP, etc) I eat around maintenance which is hindering my overall progress (and even recovery to some point) but the moment I start to eat more for a couple of months and grow, none of my expensive clothes fit good anymore.

Just like the other poster, I struggle to get my arms in SLP blazers, even if the shoulders and waist are a perfect fit.

Third world problem I guess :)

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In contrast, I picked up a Celine blazer a day or two ago, absolutely love it (getting a few alterations now), but no problem with the arms or anything. It's still slim in the shoulders, but the SLP silhouette is unforgiving if you do any weights. I've been on a yoga kick so haven't had recent problems, but even then, I can only layer light; a chunky sweater and an SLP leather jacket is not going to be comfortable.

JASSAJ

Reaction score
This looks to be too small, IMO.
Yeah, I came to the same conclusion. It's currently in route back to Cettire, unfortunately.
In contrast, I picked up a Celine blazer a day or two ago, absolutely love it (getting a few alterations now), but no problem with the arms or anything. It's still slim in the shoulders, but the SLP silhouette is unforgiving if you do any weights. I've been on a yoga kick so haven't had recent problems, but even then, I can only layer light; a chunky sweater and an SLP leather jacket is not going to be comfortable.
This is good to know. Maybe this is the route.

Weird thing is I'm fine in an XL or XXL in most SLP tops (I'm 6'1, 195 for reference). Of course, the oversized fits are more regular fit on me but I'm good with that.

I just picked up a denim trucker in a 52 from BUYMA and I love it...fits perfectly and the arms are big enough that I can comfortably wear a hoodie or heavy knit underneath. I guess it's really just the tailoring, which is a shame because I love the looks.

Straszek

Reaction score
Hey, everyone! Is there any difference in quality between saint laurent surf sound sunglasses and celine? And what was the original case for those sunglasses?
c1134ad2-dba3-4e0d-8fae-aef64abb2fee-jpeg.1886633

JEstreet

Reaction score
Can we post things we are selling on this thread? I have 4 pairs of Heidi era D02 I am putting up for sale.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we post things we are selling on this thread? I have 4 pairs of Heidi era D02 I am putting up for sale.
As long as you have a listing in the Buy & Sell you can post the link here

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads