• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
everything is marked about 15-20% lower than the official site. How do they do that and remain profitable? Makes me a touch suspicious, but I'd hold out for anyone directly in the know.

Because the official site and the "official prices" are heavily marked up, in fact I believe you won't find any place to purchase SLP more expensive than the official site.

I haven't looked at this specific site in question but have you ever been on Cettire? They sell a lot of the classics like the wyatt Harness, jodhpurs, chelsea's, etc. at a heavily discounted price as well and they are totally legit. I got my wyatt harnesses there for around $715 I believe and the jodhpurs for around $650. Gilt is also another good place to get some of the classics at a discount. I only purchase from the official site if I have no other choice.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spinnaker is based in Italy and have 5 boutiques. Their customer services has been amazing via email and WhatsApp. Return seem simple with a prepaid label that costs you $32. Amazing reviews on TrustPilot. I’m thinking of trying them out. Btw thx to everybody’s feedback now going for the tan 😁

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried returning something to Italy rom US with FedEx or UPS....costs way more than that in my experience

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Have you tried returning something to Italy rom US with FedEx or UPS....costs way more than that in my experience

Cettire costs $15 for returns. But yes, it's impossible to find a place overseas that sells SLP with free returns from the USA, maybe Farfetch but that is about it. What pair of boots are you buying? You should check Cettire. I always look in the Shop style app for the lowest price for SLP items, it never fails me.

Bling

Reaction score
This is good to know because I have been looking at the Wyatt Chelsea's. So you think they run a little large?

Thanks!

I tried them on and bought them at a boutique. I recommend it. I think it really depends on how you want them to fit. At 42.5, mine are not tight. I feel good wearing them anywhere, and my feet have never hurt wearing them.

piblondin

Reaction score
Thx everybody for their feedback. I've settled on the brown. Really hoping somebody can shed light on sizing. All these Wyatt Chelsea wearers and nobody can provide any insight? 🤷‍♂️
TTS

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe not the right thread but don't know where to ask. I have a black teddy and some other stuff that I want to sell because I need a bigger size since I stepped up my training. What are the best platforms in EU to list stuff like that?

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Maybe not the right thread but don't know where to ask. I have a black teddy and some other stuff that I want to sell because I need a bigger size since I stepped up my training. What are the best platforms in EU to list stuff like that?

I buy things on Grailed all the time that are shipped from places in Europe. Also try out the Saint Laurent Buy/Sell/Trade group on Facebook.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grailed,vestaire collective ebay and vinted
I had Vinted, Grailed and Vinted in mind but never heard of vestaire collective so thank you will check out that.

JASSAJ

Reaction score
Fit opinions please.

I just received a blazer in black gabardine (FW 22) from Cettire. It's a 52. Most of my suits are 52/42 (RL Black Label or RL Purple). The SLP blazer has some serious shoulder padding, which is to be expected, but I don't know how to evaluate the fit given that.

If I put my hand on my hip I get a significant shoulder divot, but the shoulders look fine when my arms are neutral, elbow bent or hand is in my pocket. Is the shoulder divot normal given the padding and angle of my arm/shoulder? I get it in my suits with the same arm angle, but not as significantly (the suits have less shoulder padding though).

I dont spend a lot of time doing the Macarena or being sassy with my hands on my hips but thought I'd get opinions nonetheless.

Other than me questioning the shoulders, the back, lapels, etc fit perfectly. But of course shoulders are the most critical part of a jacket fit so...

Maybe I'm being hyper critical here, idk.

Pics (apparently I need to dust the mirror):

IMG_0666.jpeg
IMG_0659.jpeg
IMG_0658.jpeg

Hand on hips:
IMG_0670.jpeg

Hand in pocket:
IMG_0671.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads