• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Yeah but you've already ordered it lol so there's no point going over and over it until it arrives. You will find out when it arrives. You honestly shouldn't be spending this sort of money on clothes if it gives you this level of anxiety - it's meant to be fun.
It's fun and I'm too in love with slp to not spend my money on it. Thanks for your advice tho.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Dior is beautiful. I also really like it with the SLP hoodie. What season is it? It also got me thinking that we haven't seen a racer jacket from SLP in a while. Maybe they just weren't popular enough?

Thank you. The Dior, I'm not sure on the season, maybe 6-8 years ago I purchased it, smack-dab in the middle of KVA IIRC. It has a lot of nice details, such as a contrast blue interior (very subtle), and is made in France. The SLP hoodie is still sold in a panoply of colors; I find them very easy to wear (I have the black and heather grey).

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wet in davis - my understanding is that both calf and lamb will stretch but just a little, so there's a slight molding to the body, which to me, feels more and more comfortable as I put them on and they seem to drape slightly better with time but that might be in my mind. I couldn't imagine they'd stretch that much, since the seams are rather unforgiving, that's why I say go TTS and don't overthink these things. If it doesn't look good, just return it (if possible!), it's not like you're going to play games altering leather.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
You better start praying that team USA doesn't bring eternal embarrassment on your country on Saturday.

Create meme Tom with arms crossed (Tom with arms crossed , tom jerry , tom  ) - Pictures - Meme-arsenal.com

silentownage001

Reaction score
Thank you. The Dior, I'm not sure on the season, maybe 6-8 years ago I purchased it, smack-dab in the middle of KVA IIRC. It has a lot of nice details, such as a contrast blue interior (very subtle), and is made in France. The SLP hoodie is still sold in a panoply of colors; I find them very easy to wear (I have the black and heather grey).

I might have to keep an eye on Dior if they ever do a piece like that again. I do have my eye on that hoodie. I think I'm going to do the black one first. I considered the 50s style hoodie, but the logo on yours is much more subtle.

wet in davis - my understanding is that both calf and lamb will stretch but just a little, so there's a slight molding to the body, which to me, feels more and more comfortable as I put them on and they seem to drape slightly better with time but that might be in my mind. I couldn't imagine they'd stretch that much, since the seams are rather unforgiving, that's why I say go TTS and don't overthink these things. If it doesn't look good, just return it (if possible!), it's not like you're going to play games altering leather.

I wondered this too as sometimes it sounded like lamb stretches a lot, but if it did it wouldn't be suitable for a jacket. Unless it was already a bit on the big side for someone then it sounds like it would continue to fit perfectly fine. The SLP lamb also felt substantial and had a nice weight when I tried it.

I have a sheepskin jacket that is pretty thin (much less substantial than SLP lamb) and I haven't noticed it stretch really. Maybe the sleeves at the elbow stretched a bit, but it still has its shape.

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
it sounded like lamb stretches a lot, but if it did it wouldn't be suitable for a jacket. Unless it was already a bit on the big side for someone then it sounds like it would continue to fit perfectly fine. The SLP lamb also felt substantial and had a nice weight when I tried it.

My lamb L01 has stretched a small amount at the elbows, nothing problematic, just enough so that it hangs on my arms in a natural way. Like Sir G says they wear in and mould to your body over time, which looks awesome and is one of the key cool factors of a leather jacket. The material develops wear and patina which jusr gets better the more you wear it. Mine definitely drapes better now than when I bought it.

If a lamb jacket was already a bit on the big side you'd get no stretch at all as there'd be no resistance to stretch it. If it's a bit snug, it's more likely to stretch, which could end up looking a bit off and may affect resale value if that's a concern.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Whelp I tried making it a bit longer by putting books on it overnight. It was much more comfortable today so I’ll keep it since I love how it fits my shoulders. Here’s some pics with my slp jacket and coat.

Just an extra tidbit, the 2022 cashmeres both in a l/xl fit smaller than the chunkier 2022 due to the cashmere being much thinner.
1012C1A4-D635-458C-AC79-AC2F5DE9AAF9.jpeg
9FF2414F-E5F1-4B17-BF1E-224D58B060F8.jpeg

Last edited:

silentownage001

Reaction score
My lamb L01 has stretched a small amount at the elbows, nothing problematic, just enough so that it hangs on my arms in a natural way. Like Sir G says they wear in and mould to your body over time, which looks awesome and is one of the key cool factors of a leather jacket. The material develops wear and patina which jusr gets better the more you wear it. Mine definitely drapes better now than when I bought it.

If a lamb jacket was already a bit on the big side you'd get no stretch at all as there'd be no resistance to stretch it. If it's a bit snug, it's more likely to stretch, which could end up looking a bit off and may affect resale value if that's a concern.

Thanks for the info. I imagine then since a 48 looked a tad big in the shoulders a 46 would be perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads