• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do, that's one of the rare items, maybe the only one, which I sized down one on (42), as it was boxy off the rack, but that is its style.

daniel2001

Reaction score
I do, that's one of the rare items, maybe the only one, which I sized down one on (42), as it was boxy off the rack, but that is its style.
Can you post a fit pic with the teddy? If you sized down in that then maybe a size bigger in L01 would work for me too since my teddy's already slim. I know teddy's supposed to be looser but I didn't want it to fit baggy so that's why I got 46.

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
Can you post a fit pic with the teddy? If you sized down in that then maybe a size bigger in L01 would work for me too since my teddy's already slim. I know teddy's supposed to be looser but I didn't want it to fit baggy so that's why I got 46.

Jesus bro surely it's not that deep, you've already bought the jacket, just wait for it to turn up. How various jackets fit someone a completely different height and build isn't going to make any difference.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a some fit pics from my leathers (44, TTS) and a teddy (42) near the end for sizing context. Apologies for the extreme length of this post. I'd chime in as well that different leathers have idiosyncratic components so it's a bit hit & miss. I have a feeling that it'll be great no matter what since it's such a classic. Anyway...
Dior:
1669664700688.jpeg
1669664715765.jpeg

47D1B094-DCD6-48D0-94F3-1B4F9FB1DCC0_1_105_c.jpeg

SLP suede shearling (very warm!):
691A6385-9165-4201-ADF8-4ADB55C1EDB1_1_105_c.jpeg

SLP Trucker (so soft):
301DB056-6F0C-4446-852F-33112D351067_1_105_c.jpeg

5A99E7FD-790E-4E88-A8C5-80105322D03E_1_105_c.jpeg

The Teddy, the only piece I sized down on. To be honest, barely wear it. It's almost too loud for me now.

1669740444650.png

1669740492979.png

For completeness sake, here's the Celine lambskin jacket, too. It fills a different niche for me. The L01 is also a 44 and is a couple pages before all this.
14B579E6-FE1C-4B16-82BD-2324A47FDF63_1_105_c.jpeg

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Sir Grotius I really dig all the fits. All the jackets you have fit you perfectly. By favorites are the both the slp trucker in black and the Celine one.

Hey guys just got the cashmere turtleneck from Saint Laurent. This is the 2020 much thicker version in comparison to the new ones released this season. I was wondering if you think it’s a bit to short and should go a size up. I wish it was an inch or two longer like my white slp cashmere crew. The body and shoulders are perfect just worried after one wash it might be to small. I attached some pics with both of my shearlings.

BC4BC16E-0D1A-4E9A-9C2A-C6C7990BE657.jpeg 0FA850EC-D617-4124-BD56-20B920DB7593.jpeg
5D730826-46B9-468D-840C-F0B5847F581D.jpeg 27F69295-A8AE-4B14-86A0-CFC485883610.jpeg

daniel2001

Reaction score
Jesus bro surely it's not that deep, you've already bought the jacket, just wait for it to turn up. How various jackets fit someone a completely different height and build isn't going to make any difference.
It is a big deal to me since it's a lot of money to spend on a single item for me. And I care about fit more than anything else. In fact the fit and cut are the main reasons I'm obsessed with slp. In a world where carelessness and super baggy clothes are the norm I don't wanna blend in. Thanks tho

daniel2001

Reaction score
Here are a some fit pics from my leathers (44, TTS) and a teddy (42) near the end for sizing context. Apologies for the extreme length of this post. I'd chime in as well that different leathers have idiosyncratic components so it's a bit hit & miss. I have a feeling that it'll be great no matter what since it's such a classic. Anyway...
Dior:
View attachment 1861830 View attachment 1861831
View attachment 1861843

SLP suede shearling (very warm!):
View attachment 1861840

SLP Trucker (so soft):
View attachment 1861844
View attachment 1861845

The Teddy, the only piece I sized down on. To be honest, barely wear it. It's almost too loud for me now.

View attachment 1862163
View attachment 1862165

For completeness sake, here's the Celine lambskin jacket, too. It fills a different niche for me. The L01 is also a 44 and is a couple pages before all this.
View attachment 1862166
I absolutely love your fits and they all fit you perfectly. The slp trucker's such a beauty. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. I hope the 48 L01 fits me.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Sir Grotius I really dig all the fits. All the jackets you have fit you perfectly. By favorites are the both the slp trucker in black and the Celine one.

Hey guys just got the cashmere turtleneck from Saint Laurent. This is the 2020 much thicker version in comparison to the new ones released this season. I was wondering if you think it’s a bit to short and should go a size up. I wish it was an inch or two longer like my white slp cashmere crew. The body and shoulders are perfect just worried after one wash it might be to small. I attached some pics with both of my shearlings.

View attachment 1862203 View attachment 1862204
View attachment 1862206 View attachment 1862205
I personally think the length and everything about it is perfect. If you size up the shoulders and arms might be too big unless you're into the oversized aesthetic (I despise it). Congrats on the new piece👌🏻

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
It is a big deal to me since it's a lot of money to spend on a single item for me. And I care about fit more than anything else. In fact the fit and cut are the main reasons I'm obsessed with slp. In a world where carelessness and super baggy clothes are the norm I don't wanna blend in. Thanks tho

Yeah but you've already ordered it lol so there's no point going over and over it until it arrives. You will find out when it arrives. You honestly shouldn't be spending this sort of money on clothes if it gives you this level of anxiety - it's meant to be fun.

silentownage001

Reaction score
Here are a some fit pics from my leathers (44, TTS) and a teddy (42) near the end for sizing context. Apologies for the extreme length of this post. I'd chime in as well that different leathers have idiosyncratic components so it's a bit hit & miss. I have a feeling that it'll be great no matter what since it's such a classic.

That Dior is beautiful. I also really like it with the SLP hoodie. What season is it? It also got me thinking that we haven't seen a racer jacket from SLP in a while. Maybe they just weren't popular enough?

wet in davis

Reaction score
Getting Either L01 or L17
I’m not willing to buy at this price point without trying it on. Headed into San Francisco Thursday to look at a couple. I saw a video where the guy said his ysl lambskin jacket stretched. Is that a thing?
Also, do they sell for retail all the time? Or is there an expectation of getting it for less?
I’ve gone through some of the longer threads, but hadn’t seen anything about the lamb skin stretching… Thanks for any info

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting Either L01 or L17
I’m not willing to buy at this price point without trying it on. Headed into San Francisco Thursday to look at a couple. I saw a video where the guy said his ysl lambskin jacket stretched. Is that a thing?
Also, do they sell for retail all the time? Or is there an expectation of getting it for less?
I’ve gone through some of the longer threads, but hadn’t seen anything about the lamb skin stretching… Thanks for any info
Yeah, it stretches, but I wouldn't size down like you do for denim. I'm pretty sure l01's are in some of the outlets, so if there's one of those in Northern California you might look into that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads