• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

silentownage001

Reaction score
Has there been a lack of suede jackets more recently? Outside of the brown trucker I think I've only really seen new black leathers on the site the last couple years. I feel like there were more under Hedi, but not certain since I didn't follow fashion then.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
That jacket fits great I'm still hoping to find one of the ss15 jackets in brown in my size someday. Hedi released a lot less suede jackets in his Celine tenure and only released them in the tobacco color. I’ve only seen a brown one released as sample and it was released as a zip up similar to the Ss19 bomber.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GG the fit is perfect and I’m aligned with you that the richer, dark brown is a great compliment to the usual lighter shades of suede, which I own by the way. I’d almost prefer to have that brown this season, a little more earthy. People in the know can tell SL fits in the wild. I often have more fashionable/sophisticated people ask about my jackets and they seem to nod in appreciation or reinforcement of their prior held opinions if I deign to mention Saint Laurent. if they don’t know about fashion I usually try to skirt the question to avoid having someone ask the cost, which is super awkward, never to be answered, and fortunately, only happened a couple times amongst very young folks.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GG the fit is perfect and I’m aligned with you that the richer, dark brown is a great compliment to the usual lighter shades of suede, which I own by the way. I’d almost prefer to have that brown this season, a little more earthy. People in the know can tell SL fits in the wild. I often have more fashionable/sophisticated people ask about my jackets and they seem to nod in appreciation or reinforcement of their prior held opinions if I deign to mention Saint Laurent. if they don’t know about fashion I usually try to skirt the question to avoid having someone ask the cost, which is super awkward, never to be answered, and fortunately, only happened a couple times amongst very young folks.
It absolutely drives me nuts when people ask me where I got something. I live in the provinces, though, so people are going to be pretty clueless about designers, even though my city is really wealthy. I can't imagine asking somebody how much something cost.

Vacc is definitely still putting out suede jackets, but imo the designs haven't been teh greatest, at least from what I can remember. I do sorta like the leopard print one that's been up on the site, but I don't like the strap thing at the sleeves.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Loving the discussion and pics here lately.

I've always liked the suede jackets from a distance. I love a suede boot as a beater but I'm not sure if that's the vibe for suede jackets, and there's absolutely no way I can keep a suede jacket looking clean. Props to whoever can though.

People in the know can tell SL fits in the wild. I often have more fashionable/sophisticated people ask about my jackets and they seem to nod in appreciation or reinforcement of their prior held opinions if I deign to mention Saint Laurent. if they don’t know about fashion I usually try to skirt the question to avoid having someone ask the cost, which is super awkward, never to be answered, and fortunately, only happened a couple times amongst very young folks.

I usually just go with the classic "it wasn't cheap" or something along those lines. I feel like such a prick mentioning the price of an item. Even if I go the other direction and mention how good of a price I actually got an item for it feels like I'm bragging. There's just no winning.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Thanks. It's funny, I've tried so many different hair products over the years, including buying some pretty pricey stuff like Kevin Murphy--but really what seems to work best for me is this cheap drugstore stuff. I'd give it a try, but it obviously depends on your natural hair type. https://www.amazon.com/John-Frieda-Straight-Fixation-Styling/dp/B00390FH5G/ref=sr_1_6?crid=D6R0EHLWWXLD&keywords=John+frieda+frizz+ease&qid=1664835077&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0LjYxIiwicXNhIjoiNC4zOCIsInFzcCI6IjQuNDAifQ==&sprefix=john+frieda+fr,aps,253&sr=8-6

thanks but I hate creams. I use prefect putty by Fatboy. Benn using it for about 7-8 years now. It's amazing and was exaclty what I was looking for in a hair product.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks but I hate creams. I use prefect putty by Fatboy. Benn using it for about 7-8 years now. It's amazing and was exaclty what I was looking for in a hair product.
Oh yeah, I've used that one a lot as well. I don't want to derail the suede jacket thread with hair talk too much, but I use that cheap cream while my hair is still wet and then blow dry it (i.e. I use it as a pre-styler). It's pretty amazing how well it works for such cheap stuff but, again, it's all a matter of finding what works for your hair.

Back on topic: I absolutely love the lighter brown suede (ochre?) trapper that Viceofgucci has, but I would be wary of wearing it around drunk people/children. I think with the darker ones this is less of a problem.

silentownage001

Reaction score
Vacc is definitely still putting out suede jackets, but imo the designs haven't been teh greatest, at least from what I can remember. I do sorta like the leopard print one that's been up on the site, but I don't like the strap thing at the sleeves.

Yeah I should have clarified there haven't been many suede jackets over the last couple years that I've liked. Hopefully that changes.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Playboy sweater up on vestiaire for pretty cheap. Definitely not my thing though

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of knitwear, I received this recently and may be my favorite sweater in the past few years. Very elegant, definitely fashion-ish, but easy to wear and extremely comfortable, warm.

1665570868740.png

Jack3tjunkie

Reaction score
nice!

I picked both of these up with a good discount.
Still want to get the playboy one as well but definitely not at retail pricing (sorry, over 1K is insane for a sweater. I've seen them in discount at 790 but hoping to score it for 400-500 eventually)

6488f1cb2d8a447493e751841d4f7c67_1636719673.jpeg

14214473WG_14_f.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like anytime SLP or Celine drops "cashmere" in the sweater description you're looking at 1.1K or 1.2K. At least, they don't pull! Honestly, my sweaters have held up excellently. I even have that sort of weird Dino sweater from Hedi's last season at SLP. In hindsight, maybe that was foreshadowing his Celine aesthetic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads