• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

micheyll

Reaction score
If you want one with Saint Laurent written on it, there's really only one way to go.

In my experience, All Saints do some pretty good knits at nice price points.

Which Wyatts did ya get?

I don't particularly care for the logo, but I really like the material and fit itself. All Saints has had some pretty nice knits in the past, but nothing in their current lineup really piqued my interest. I guess it's a waiting game. Same with Sandro and The Kooples.

I got the plain zipped Wyatts without harness. Excuse the weird (and sloppily blurred) photo - it's the only one I took before ruining the sole starting to wear them. :) I'll try to get a fit picture taken later.

IMG_8703 copy.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love those saint laurent knits and can't go wrong with those classic wyatts above. I've been very happy with the quality, fit, and edgy elegance of the pieces that I have from them. I went out on a limb and ordered the Saint Laurent Black and Green hoodie with the varsity look to it. It should be coming today or tomorrow; I'll try to post a pic, as apparently I purchased the last one or it's not available on the web store anymore when I checked.

Can a person have too many hooded sweatshirts? (For some reason the word hoodie annoys me!!)

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes the side zip Wyatts are great. I got the Terry Jodphur and, although I haven't worn them yet, really dig them. I think they're going to replace my "Hedi 30" ones, as they were called back in the glory days.

micheyll

Reaction score
Love those saint laurent knits and can't go wrong with those classic wyatts above. I've been very happy with the quality, fit, and edgy elegance of the pieces that I have from them. I went out on a limb and ordered the Saint Laurent Black and Green hoodie with the varsity look to it. It should be coming today or tomorrow; I'll try to post a pic, as apparently I purchased the last one or it's not available on the web store anymore when I checked.

Can a person have too many hooded sweatshirts? (For some reason the word hoodie annoys me!!)

I love the phrase "edgy elegance". It sums up what I'm looking for in SLP very well. I, too, purchased a new hooded sweatshirt that's yet to arrive - although mine is a plain black one from Sandro.

The only "problem" with the Wyatts is that I really don't want to wear my SeF and FtF boots anymore now that I have these. They (Wyatts) are just superb in terms of both looks and comfort.

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
I don't particularly care for the logo, but I really like the material and fit itself. All Saints has had some pretty nice knits in the past, but nothing in their current lineup really piqued my interest. I guess it's a waiting game. Same with Sandro and The Kooples.

I got the plain zipped Wyatts without harness. Excuse the weird (and sloppily blurred) photo - it's the only one I took before ruining the sole starting to wear them. :) I'll try to get a fit picture taken later.

View attachment 1835433

Nice, I've got those from back in Hedi's day and they're still going strong. Recommend getting a vibram sole put on in due course.

micheyll

Reaction score
I booked an appointment to a cobbler earlier this week. Winters are very snowy here, so vibram soles are a must.

silentownage001

Reaction score

I've only just started wearing hoodies hooded sweatshirts again. The ones I used to wear were ill-fitting so I shifted away, but the couple I have now fit much better. At some point I'm going to get either the black Rive Gauche or the black with the 50's script. I'll need to have my SA get both in for me to try. I can see myself ending up with a few SLP hoodies. After black I think I'll get white and then see if it's worth getting anymore.

The only "problem" with the Wyatts is that I really don't want to wear my SeF and FtF boots anymore now that I have these. They (Wyatts) are just superb in terms of both looks and comfort.

Do you find your arches get tired after several hours? I've noticed that my sock thickness impacts the comfort. I also find my zip boots (yours but in land suede) are a bit better than my harness boots.

micheyll

Reaction score
Do you find your arches get tired after several hours? I've noticed that my sock thickness impacts the comfort. I also find my zip boots (yours but in land suede) are a bit better than my harness boots.

They do get somewhat tired, but that goes for all of my boots with 40-45 mm heels, though. The Wyatts are the most comfortable, although I gotta hand it to SeFs for being incredibly comfortable as well. I sized the Wyatts half a size down (42EU instead of 42.5EU) for a snug fit, and I feel like it was the right choice. They are snug, but that's what makes them comfortable, as they don't move around at all while walking.

I don't really even notice my feet being tired anymore since I've been wearing 40 mm heels almost exclusively for the past couple of years, but I'll let you know if I notice something tonight when I go walk around the city. :)

Bling

Reaction score

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Just me or does that Terry boot look real similar to the Celine Jacno version? Might be another option to look into.

SL
eCom-7174521YL001000_A.jpg

Celine
Jodhpur Drugstore Ankle Boots in Calfskin | Smart Closet

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both the jacno and the terry's, and the Terry has a more square shaped last than the jacno, but is much more sleek than the Wyatt.

silentownage001

Reaction score
They do get somewhat tired, but that goes for all of my boots with 40-45 mm heels, though. The Wyatts are the most comfortable, although I gotta hand it to SeFs for being incredibly comfortable as well. I sized the Wyatts half a size down (42EU instead of 42.5EU) for a snug fit, and I feel like it was the right choice. They are snug, but that's what makes them comfortable, as they don't move around at all while walking.

I don't really even notice my feet being tired anymore since I've been wearing 40 mm heels almost exclusively for the past couple of years, but I'll let you know if I notice something tonight when I go walk around the city. :)

That's helpful. I went with my normal size (41) and as long as my socks aren't too thin then I get little to no movement as well. I think part of the comfort thing for me is not wearing them frequently enough.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's helpful. I went with my normal size (41) and as long as my socks aren't too thin then I get little to no movement as well. I think part of the comfort thing for me is not wearing them frequently enough.
Yeah they'll for sure break in over time.

I went up to a 44.5 for the Terry, but all others are 44.

Terry vs the Wyatt 30 jodhpurs:
IMG_0709 2.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

Terry vs celine jacno 60 mm:
IMG_0710.JPG

And then Terry vs jacno 40 mm backzip:
IMG_0711.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads