• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

silentownage001

Reaction score
How are the SS or FW21 Wyatt Harness boots in terms of true to size and overall quality compared to the 'slimane era'?
Contemplating on picking a pair up but not sure, also have my eyes on celines.

I haven't handled any from the Slimane era. I did just get the nut suede boots recently. I can say they are TTS. I took a 41, which I also took for the chelsea boots and zip boots. I also wear 41/US8 in Greats, Cole Haan, Allen Edmonds, and Thursday boots. I think that's all the brands off the top of my head. And I'm an 8.5US in Nike usually.

When I get the black leather harness boots I'm also planning on doing a 41.

The shaft of the harness boots are pretty slim. They hug my leg and there's only a slight amount of wiggle room (like 1 or 2mm maybe, but this could vary based on your socks).

Quality-wise, all I can say is mine are pretty nice and there weren't any issues out of the box. I've had them for like a week though lol.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked through some new items on YSL for the spring collection.

Some things I liked:
1642003740894.png

1642003763234.png

1642003793893.png

Some things that are very Celine:
1642003875111.png

1642003889850.png

1642003929978.png

Randeep

Reaction score
^ the YSL within a circle looks so..... meh. And those high tops with the black laces.... who's buying those instead of the CT-01 Zs ?

They've made it easy for me to avoid contemplating any of their denim bottom options despite how skinny they might be, as it looks like they've settled universally on having the little leather tab on the back pocket (not too bothersome by itself on black pair... but it's on every colour) and worst of all, that V cut on the front pockets - yuck

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
Off topic but I remember @SirGrotius mentioning Schitt's Creek on Netflix as one of the cast is often styled in SL/Rick/Neil Barrett etc in a cohesive way -- I'm midway through the new show Yellowjackets and perked up seeing Juliette Lewis in this Saint Laurent top - it was distressed (were they ever produced like that? -- not from the men's line as far as I remember) and went well with the fishnet leggings she wore.

Found a couple of screencaps from the web:

yellowjackets_sl1.jpeg

yellowjackets_sl2.png

Randeep

Reaction score
I think you can just take them to your local cobbler, assuming s/he isn't totally incompetent.

Does anyone happen to know if this scarf is itchy?
_YVS0184.1366x2048.JPG

It's soft & springy mohair, not itchy like the thin FW16 one. I think all the FW13 are soft/springy mohair/blends.

rire

Reaction score
Her face doesn't really go well with the Juliette Lewis I remember...

rivegauche

Reaction score
Managed to double up on white SL/01 sneakers. Still my favorite sneaker, it’s a shame that they discontinued the model. Much cleaner than the Andy imo. Got it for a great price also.

Also have a fresh pair of denim coming in. Not sure about the model, hope they’ll be D02s. So annoying that it’s hard to tell which model you’re actually buying with many retailers. Wish they’d add the name to the description or at least show it in the pictures.

rivegauche

Reaction score
Also one question for the denim heads: seems to me that Saint Laurent has been pushing the D24 over the last years as most skinny fit offerings I have seen at retailers seem to be D24 rather than D02. The D24 is skinny fit with mid rise. I always thought that D10 would be D02 with mid rise instead of low rise. Can anyone elaborate on the difference between D02 / D10 / D24?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So annoying that it’s hard to tell which model you’re actually buying with many retailers. Wish they’d add the name to the description or at least show it in the pictures.
Yeah, you have to be Columbo to figure out what jeans you're buying a lot of the time.

I have never even heard of d24, but had some d10's back in the day. I'd be curious to know the difference as well.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
The SL37h from SS16 is probably my favorite to wear or the fringes from SS15 when I'm not wearing leather boots. When I tried the D24s on it seemed to have a higher waist. I've never tried on the D10s so I can't compare to those but it seemed the leg opening was similar to D02s post vac. I wear John Elliott cast 2s as alternatives to SLP and like the fit but depending on the model some pairs you need to size down on to get the SLP fit.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Coincidence, but I received a black pair of D24s a couple days ago. I was buying a patterned shirt anyway and saw those jeans for a great price so I figured it was worth checking out (a patterned shirt and black skinnies, no one has ever done that combo before :) ).

I can compare the measurements with 2015 and 2018 D02s and see how the waist feels if you guys are interested. Unfortunately don't have D10s though.

I barely wear the 2018 pair now. It's mostly used for work because they look pretty solid in grey when they're dirty. Had another pair with amazing distressing but sold them at some point because I simply prefer a 2015 crash denim over them. Always felt like the waist/crotch area on the D02 fits a bit sh*t in the Vac era.

rippedbluejeans

Reaction score
I barely wear the 2018 pair now. It's mostly used for work because they look pretty solid in grey when they're dirty. Had another pair with amazing distressing but sold them at some point because I simply prefer a 2015 crash denim over them. Always felt like the waist/crotch area on the D02 fits a bit sh*t in the Vac era.

That's the problem - until about 2016 the fit was great in the rise and thigh on D02s, the ankles just typically needed a tailor to get them to stack. About 2017 onwards they altered the typical fit on D02s to oddly be very tight in the leg/thigh and very wide in the waist - meaning if you sized up for comfort in the thigh area you'd have a gaping space around the waistband. I've been struggling to find good denim since.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads