• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
D04s fit really tight I wear a 31 in my fw14 ones but could wear a 32 but prefer the tighter fit. I attached a fit pic of mine below. Any denim from Fw13-fw15 I wear a 31 and could wear a 32 depending on the pair while SS16 pairs fit big. Fw16 I have both 30/31 from that season. I would never size up on any post hedi pairs since they usually fit big

Attachments

• IMG_E4446.JPG
    IMG_E4446.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 190

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
When it comes to low waist jeans I always make sure they fit well in the waist. Nothing worse than loose low waist skinnies in my opinion.

Anything mid waist I'm not too worried about the fit in the waist. In fact, I noticed a lot of current Celine jeans are actually styled in a fairly loose manner.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When it comes to low waist jeans I always make sure they fit well in the waist. Nothing worse than loose low waist skinnies in my opinion.
I think you might be pretty skinny in the the legs, though (correct me if I"m wrong). I think that Dibidoolandas has some muscle on his lower body (as do I), and for guys like us it's best to size the jeans for the thighs, and just deal with a slightly larger waist. Within reason, of course. Or just find a different cut

I have to admit I'm not a fan of these high waist jeans on women. It reminds me of nineties tv shows like Saved by the bell. That first girl in the picture looks pretty hot though I must say.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I think that Dibidoolandas has some muscle on his lower body (as do I), and for guys like us it's best to size the jeans for the thighs, and just deal with a slightly larger waist. Within reason, of course. Or just find a different cut

You and @Dibidoolandas are just
DJ Khaled - Suffering from Success (feat. Ace Hood & Future) - YouTube

I could never pull off jeans with that much room in the waist because everytime I sit down they'd slide down as well, but you guys likely won't have that problem. On the flip side, I've never had to check thigh measurements on jeans, so that's something.

For example I consider these my true size (30), but I could likely size down. I can pull the material in the thigh no problem but there will be a point at which the waist will be uncomfortable or worse, I won't be able to close them if I size down.

thumbnail_IMG_20211211_134115-2.jpg

I have to admit I'm not a fan of these high waist jeans on women. It reminds me of nineties tv shows like Saved by the bell. That first girl in the picture looks pretty hot though I must say.

I guess it works well on them because Celine models are in great shape and you need that contrast I think. Jeans like those even make Blackpink members look way less skinny then they are so it won't work for everyone. Also I wouldn't be able to tell they're high end jeans if the rest of the fit isn't up to par as well. If it isn't you'd have that 90's tv show vibe as you describe.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
I dunno man, I’ve been trying to slack on leg day to better-suit my SLP addiction.

It’s funny how we have such an opposite problem. The one pair I bought that seemed to fit best at the waist were the D10s in a 30 and they felt so tight in the thighs I could barely walk. I think part of that was the 100% cotton though.

Someone jacked the pair off D04s I was considering anyways, so I can push off this decision for a while.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I dunno man, I’ve been trying to slack on leg day to better-suit my SLP addiction.

I'm working on abs through a home workout program at the moment, that way I can enjoy feeling good without having to sell my jeans and buy a size up when I get ripped (which won't happen obviously).

It’s funny how we have such an opposite problem. The one pair I bought that seemed to fit best at the waist were the D10s in a 30 and they felt so tight in the thighs I could barely walk. I think part of that was the 100% cotton though.

Someone jacked the pair off D04s I was considering anyways, so I can push off this decision for a while.

That's one of the main reasons I like Hedi's stuff so much, it usually fits me well off the rack. I'd wear a lot more Haider trousers but those are incredibly hit or miss. Either too wide in the waist/thigh or too cropped to look any good at all. Also Japanese designers but those aren't made for skinny white guys at all.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
I'm working on abs through a home workout program at the moment, that way I can enjoy feeling good without having to sell my jeans and buy a size up when I get ripped (which won't happen obviously).
Just slowly shift to Rick Owens, his **** is swole-friendly.

That's one of the main reasons I like Hedi's stuff so much, it usually fits me well off the rack. I'd wear a lot more Haider trousers but those are incredibly hit or miss. Either too wide in the waist/thigh or too cropped to look any good at all. Also Japanese designers but those aren't made for skinny white guys at all.
The fit is like the one area I haven't been able to nail down, wish it was easier for me to try this stuff but I get most of it from Grailed. But I think Hedi did the best design/distressing in the game. No one else comes close IMO.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the d10's are the mid-waist skinnies. I wonder if you weren't wearing the waist too low for the knees to line up.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the d10's are the mid-waist skinnies. I wonder if you weren't wearing the waist too low for the knees to line up.
I had the same pair in a 30 and a 32 and pulled them up as high as they'd go and it didn't seem to align either way.

I'm 5'10" so I'm not exactly short but I think they're just meant for real tall dudes. Also I've seen this pair not get a lot of love on the secondary market so maybe it doesn't work for most people.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same pair in a 30 and a 32 and pulled them up as high as they'd go and it didn't seem to align either way.

I'm 5'10" so I'm not exactly short but I think they're just meant for real tall dudes. Also I've seen this pair not get a lot of love on the secondary market so maybe it doesn't work for most people.

You may be right. From what I can remember, the knee slits not aligning correctly was a common complaint for people in the thread

Weird that the word beginning with sl and rhyming with "fit" is censored

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I'm 5'10" so I'm not exactly short but I think they're just meant for real tall dudes.

There are pairs on which each knee sl!t is a different height. I'm 6'2 and trust me when I say these aren't made with any body type in mind.

42700113XD_14_f.jpg

SAINT LAURENTRipped Knee Light Blue Jeans(Slim Fit)18SS - 500723 Y868M 4061  | Wiber LUX | Shop premium brands' clothing, shoes, bags and accessories

My SS15 ones on the other hand, love them. They line up perfectly where they should.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m probably the poster child for fretting over blow outs or fades being too low on my jeans. During the SLP heyday I probably missed out on a few good pairs. ha

pham duc

Reaction score
this is size 44. is it too long, should I buy women's size. if so which size should I buy, f40 or f42
265653209_2008401285982591_2301239746185609415_n.jpg
_A2X0338.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads