• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the bottom peeling away, that has happened to 3+ of my fw13 boots, still need to get them fixed. One time it happened on the way into work - not a good look when you've got the back bottom of the boot with the heel click-clacking and flopping around... it's got to the point where before I'm going out-out, knowing I have no recourse to other footwear, I'll do a spot check/consciously decide on particular boots based on how much of a lottery I think it is that they'd fall apart,
I feel like this is unacceptable for boots that cost more than $1000.

silentownage001

Reaction score
I feel like this is unacceptable for boots that cost more than $1000.

The leather half soles weren't glued down all the way in my chelseas. Where the edge met the white part it was loose. My zip boots on the other hand were fine.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I bought a pair of SLP boots but I just got a pair of tan jodhpurs for a great deal from an Italian site. On all of my other boots I sent them somewhere to have sole protectors installed, I forget what the exact terminology is called. Can anyone fill me in on that and also perhaps a place to send these boots to have the same thing installed? I know it was the same place I sent my other four or five pairs of boots but I just cannot find the information since it was like five years ago.

Thanks for your help.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I bought a pair of SLP boots but I just got a pair of tan jodhpurs for a great deal from an Italian site. On all of my other boots I sent them somewhere to have sole protectors installed, I forget what the exact terminology is called. Can anyone fill me in on that and also perhaps a place to send these boots to have the same thing installed? I know it was the same place I sent my other four or five pairs of boots but I just cannot find the information since it was like five years ago.

Thanks for your help.
I think you can just take them to your local cobbler, assuming s/he isn't totally incompetent.

Does anyone happen to know if this scarf is itchy?
_YVS0184.1366x2048.JPG

piblondin

Reaction score
What's the watch that Hedi is wearing in this photo?

Attachments

• 1638131172277.png
    1638131172277.png
    924 KB · Views: 195

piblondin

Reaction score

Thanks for your help.
I usually hear they referred to as rubber half-soles or by the two major brand names that make them: Vibram and Topy. I'd personally just find a local cobbler to do them, rather them incurring the additional expense of sending them off somewhere.

piblondin

Reaction score
It's like one of the Cartier ones. you can search the thread.

If anyone cares, the private sale starts Wednesday online
I did search, but couldn't find the answer. I know that he's often photographed wearing a Cartier Tank, but this doesn't look like a Cartier to me.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did search, but couldn't find the answer. I know that he's often photographed wearing a Cartier Tank, but this doesn't look like a Cartier to me.
Try the Celine thread. I definitely know this has been discussed before.

vivaanxr

Reaction score
ID on this coat?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 3.25.58 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 3.25.58 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 169

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
I am once again asking for SLP sizing advice.

I'm trying to pick up some D04 biker denim. My true waist size is 31", for reference. There are two pairs I'm looking at, a 31 from FW13 and a 32 from FW14. I've heard the D04s are tighter than D02s, and particularly 2013 Hedi denim is very skinny. I have a pair of 2016 D02s in 31 that seem to fit me well, though even the waist on those is a little big. Pics below for reference. That's what makes me hesitant to grab the 32s, I don't want the waist to look super loose. But I also want to be able to get them on and not have my legs look like overstuffed sausage casing.

The listings, for reference. Any advice greatly appreciated.
FW13: grailed dot com /listings/26234345-hedi-slimane-x-saint-laurent-paris-fw13-saint-laurent-d04-zip-leather-biker-pants
FW14: grailed dot com /listings/26326406-saint-laurent-paris-d04-moto-zip-biker-denim-jeans-with-leather

Also how I fit in some other SLP denim for reference:

2016 D02 in size 31 - I feel like this looks worse than they are, probably stretched by a prev owner.

2016 D10 in size 32 - Ended up selling these as I felt they were too loose.

2018 D02 in size 32 - Ended up selling these as I felt they were too loose.

D10 in size 30 - Meanwhile these were pretty damn tight. I probably would have kept them but didn't like that the knee slits didn't line up with mine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads