• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebowski - my favorite is to pair the red, black, or maybe white blood lustre with my SLP slim denim jacket. It’s the perfect combo. I have this weighty, camouflage hoodie from ‘15 with which I pair them, too. Occasionally, I’ll wear them under a very slim blazer for a night out, casual look but I feel that’s a bit dated!

Definitely first season - that tag rings true.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is this the best of teddies or the worst of teddies?

1635269070235.png

1635269096537.png

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not feeling it, but I'm not a teddy guy so maybe I'm just not the guy to ask.

That new shearling on teh webstore looks really great, though. I've also noticed some really western looking boots as well, which also aren't really my thing

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
is this the best of teddies or the worst of teddies?

View attachment 1692388

View attachment 1692392

Love the colors but absolutely hate the shoulder paneling. I think it gives the jacket an awkward shape compared to the more traditional teddy shoulders, which are timeless as well as opposed to these.

Edit: That could just be the inner Hedi boy speaking, but even Celine has done it with a thinner stripe.
12.22.11.png

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that piece RedVelvet. I don't remember seeing it and you bring up a great point, the shoulders are too louche for me and exaggerated in the SLP piece. I remember Celine had a brown phase maybe right before the Dancing Kid transition. As usual, I'm about 2 years behind the curve.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
When it comes to brown my favorite SLP pieces were the FW13 shearling and the SS15 brown suedes while Celine had the brown trucker aviator and teddy. Those are all much better options then the brown SLP teddy. It would have been better if the lighter brown suede strip ran all the way down to the cuff.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I have that blood lustre tee and a white version and red because I get collector-y. They've all held up so well that I'm almost remiss that they don't have any fade. They look brand new. I don't do anything special except clean in the delicate cycle.

That said, the one on Yoox seems to be a woman's cut. Mine are definitely boxier.

That's good to hear, because I decided to pull the trigger on it and see for myself (it wasn't that expensive, likely because of the age). Worst case scenario I'll just return it. What year are your tees from? I assume there might be a big difference in how the graphic holds up between seasons. I found a picture of it from End Clothing, which seems to be the exact same one in the slim cut (might also be a difference in cut between seasons?).

Edit: I've been checking Grailed for a bit and the graphics from 2015 seem particularly ******.

Last edited:

Secrocy

Reaction score
Hey peeps, how are you doing today. I'm looking to buy a Suede Denim jacket off grailed . I'm around 6,3 150 lbs. I own a Saint Laurent Love me forever denim jacket in Small. I was wondering if I should go with size 44 or 46 for suede denim jacket.

Thanks

1635539597967.png
1635539696323.png

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps, how are you doing today. I'm looking to buy a Suede Denim jacket off grailed . I'm around 6,3 150 lbs. I own a Saint Laurent Love me forever denim jacket in Small. I was wondering if I should go with size 44 or 46 for suede denim jacket.

Thanks

View attachment 1694454 View attachment 1694455
Hey, I'm doing quite well. You should go by your measurements, as it seems like these sometimes are annoying oversized

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I'm your height but 175lb and I usually wear a 50. I think the arms might be cropped with the smaller sizes but who knows. Id go on ssense or therealreal to get your measurements

Bryan55

Reaction score
Love that piece RedVelvet. I don't remember seeing it and you bring up a great point, the shoulders are too louche for me and exaggerated in the SLP piece. I remember Celine had a brown phase maybe right before the Dancing Kid transition. As usual, I'm about 2 years behind the curve.

If this didn’t have that damn “Klak” patch in the back I’d have been all over this piece. ☹️☹️

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads