• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's one of those cases where I wear the cheaper option way more than my more expensive versions. I bought an Acne wool blend sweater years ago for an absolute steal on Mr Porter and it's my most worn sweater by a mile. My Saint Laurent mohair barely gets any wear. Unfortunately I never see Acne sweaters with that fit and no branding anymore. Still, it might be a brand worth looking into for you.
Yes, I was thinking acne might have some good ones. Although it seems like they're fond of the logo on chest, which I don't like. I'm probably just going to suck it up and get some SL ones; for some reason sweaters make me nervous, as they seem like an item you have to take pretty good care of.

The tom ford ones look really good, and I've been considering them for a while. However, I might as well just stick with SL as they're similar price points.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
On my Thorns for a little bit here but I enjoy this oufit by Rosé. The big pants work well with the cropped top and even with the slim Andy sneakers.

Sidenote but I love this Jisoo outfit. To the point where I'm pretty sure I've worn a men's version of it multiple times. Whoever their stylists are, they did a great job here. Quite unrelated this one but I figured I'd throw it in.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure anyone cares, but the womenswear collection was quite interesting. I really dug the skinny bodysuits, but the dresses we're oddly conservative for my tastes.

It seemed like the models were having an unusually hard time walking in the heels, but maybe that was due to the water on the platform?

Also noticed a couple of much older models, by usual standards.

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
I for one like Vacarello’s SL obviously recognizing that it clearly builds on Hedi’s foundation / legacy

AW 21 was p cool IMO & way more wearable than recent Celine - especially Dancing Kid and Cosmic whatever it is called; TKP seemed quite cool on the “runway” show but am struggling to actually find something I want to actually buy for myself tho

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey GG - I caught part of the show and 100% got that same impression that some of the models were having difficulties with the heels. Overall, it looked very good and some pieces great to me, which seems to be the general womenswear theme with AV. I enjoyed the splashes of color and overall sexiness.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is obviously an insane idea, but I would like to see Hedi do menswear at SL and keep on Vacc for womenswear. I'm with pearls, I only really dig Vacc's menswear to the extent that it's riffing on what Hedi did at the house (no disrespect to Vacc, he's obviously a very accomplished designer to make it to the position he's in).

Hedi's womenswear is pretty bland to me. I guess I liked some of the looks he put together early on at Celine, but I'm more into Vacc's over the top sluttiness. I can't figure out if I'm doing so in a subjectifying way or if I admire the female empowerment it entails.

It's just so strange that the models looked awkward walking in the heels when they're obviously professionals at doing so.

Pics are on vogue by the way.

@Randeep : not sure if you've talked about this, but what does your girlfriend think of VAcc's womenswear?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I getting too deep into shearling to sort of like this?
1633097982180.png

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Not at all that piece reminds me of something straight out of Fw11 from Balmain under decarnin. I just wish the piece used suede/leather instead of canvas. My favorite piece was this shearling aviator.
1633101762410.png

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I much prefer the longer shearling jackets they were putting out when Hedi was creative director. I'm somewhat baffled that Vaccarello hasn't bothered to put any out, at least that I can remember. I live in the Great Lakes region, and would benefit greatly from one of these in my life in the winter
73FDD5F5904648B7B8EF6473A7174EAC.jpg
C47282C876794465A1664E4880887417.jpg
1.jpg
https---hypebeast.com-image-2018-02-hedi-slimane-harry-styles-shearling-jacket-grailed-1.jpg

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
1633407569178.png

1633407646184.png

The long shearling are my grails but currently none are in my size. I need a 48 in them since they fit oversized like the houndstooth coats during Hedi's slp. The third pic you have is not a long coat and in similar length to the aviator I have pictured above. One of the best parts about leaving on the east coast is being able to wear shearlings. My favorite shearling under hedi was the brown one from fw13 and pretty disappointed the hooded shearling never got released from the fw13 runway.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1680245
View attachment 1680246
The long shearling are my grails but currently none are in my size. I need a 48 in them since they fit oversized like the houndstooth coats during Hedi's slp. The third pic you have is not a long coat and in similar length to the aviator I have pictured above. One of the best parts about leaving on the east coast is being able to wear shearlings. My favorite shearling under hedi was the brown one from fw13 and pretty disappointed the hooded shearling never got released from the fw13 runway.
Yeah, that's interesting, I was looking in my true to size, but may have to go down at least one.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we're on the topic just figured I'd throw out this shearling from my trip to the outlets. Can't remember the size but as I recall it was pretty oversized as you can tell. View attachment 1680476
That's awesome. I was thinking that the measurements for shearlings might be larger, due to how thick they are. But that one looks to me to be at least two sizes larger than what you need to achieve the classic SLP look

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads