• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
hi everyone,

quick Q: does anyone know if “older” teddy jackets have the SL logo “engraved” in the buttons?

I have couple of recent ones (2020 and 2021) which have the engraved buttons so I was wondering because a friend is offering me a 2014 one which looks & feels legit but I noticed the buttons are just straight black with no logo

thank you!
I don't own one, but checking out what's on Grailed, there's this one from 2015 that doesn't look like it has engraving on the buttons.
https://www.gr ailed.com/listings/23126598-saint-laurent-paris-2015-classic-wool-teddy-jacket
Close-up
https://process.fs.gr ailed.com/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/auto_image/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/resize=height:1600,width:1200/output=quality:90/compress/https://cdn.fs.grailed.com/api/file/zSUF5tySvGa7EhfY06Yy

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I recall the engraved buttons being a more recent thing. I checked out Teddys in 2015ish or whenever they had taken over the world, and do recall a flat shinny button, but my Teddy from 2020 has an engraved button. I think it's a new thing on all the outwear pieces which I quite like. IIRC, the 2013 Teddys were skinnier, but not sure about that. I sized down one to get that look but might be trickier if you're tall, since they're cut at the waist already.

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
just picked up this bad boy, btw - love it

DA5DAC65-F654-4DCC-8DDB-79F33CEBBCDB.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I was eyeing that piece. Perfect art rock feel for me.

How's the material and fit? Is it on the itchier side?

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
not at all when I tried it but haven’t really worn it yet (still not cool enough for this puppy) - it is quite thick and warm tho

39% WOOL, 29% MOHAIR, 19% POLYAMIDE, 7% ALPACA, 6% CASHMERE

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
1632604282180.png
My most recent sweater pickup was the basic white wool and cashmere sweater. From the sweaters I tried on, it was mainly the shetland wool sweaters from aw15 that usually were the itchiest

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that white sweater looks really good on you vice. I was always reluctant to look into the ones with ribbing like that, but you're making me rethink it a bit. I still think I like the ones that don't have it.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I have that scarf with black and red stripes and the itchiness on it makes it basically unwearable. In fact, I don't believe I've ever worn it, but may have to suck it up and give it a spin.

Does anyone have other brands that make knitwear that is slim and non-branded to recommend?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Yeah, that white sweater looks really good on you vice. I was always reluctant to look into the ones with ribbing like that, but you're making me rethink it a bit. I still think I like the ones that don't have it.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I have that scarf with black and red stripes and the itchiness on it makes it basically unwearable. In fact, I don't believe I've ever worn it, but may have to suck it up and give it a spin.

Does anyone have other brands that make knitwear that is slim and non-branded to recommend?

That's one of those cases where I wear the cheaper option way more than my more expensive versions. I bought an Acne wool blend sweater years ago for an absolute steal on Mr Porter and it's my most worn sweater by a mile. My Saint Laurent mohair barely gets any wear. Unfortunately I never see Acne sweaters with that fit and no branding anymore. Still, it might be a brand worth looking into for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics