• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think YSL got all the publicity they needed from this piece:

Very surprised that there were zero Celine items.

podsjudki

Reaction score
So I decided to get my first pair of d02s and I could use some advice from you guys whether these fit okay or look goofy, in your opinion. Thanx!
IMG_8644.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Maybe a bit tight for today's zeitgeist though to be fair. Might want to try it with sleeker shoes to improve teh overall flow.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
So I decided to get my first pair of d02s and I could use some advice from you guys whether these fit okay or look goofy, in your opinion. Thanx!
i'd say too tight
you can maybe pull it off if you're a pretty young dude (teen years), but older than that I'd say it'd look pretty weird

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

The footwear is throwing me off a bit but the jeans look decent. You can go this route if you have slimmer footwear as well, but if you don't then look into other jean options like the slim D18, the slight bootcut D17 or any of the other cool options they have available. I'm fine with really skinny jeans but just very bored of it to be honest and I think you'd look better in something else.

podsjudki

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the opinions, I appreciate it a lot. I admit the boots are pretty random in that outfit, but I have plenty of slimmer ones if I wanted to go for the classic d02 outfit. I can understand you are bored of the skinnys, but I never really wore them myself, so wanted to give them a try before I get bored of dressing up. :) I love the d17 cut and I even tried them on, but if I wanted to keep them I would have to get them shortened and they wouldn't look as good then.
Also, if anyone wondered, these are from ss14, as far as I know.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
By the way I agree with Adam in saying "skinny jeans forever." I own multiple pairs from multiple brands and still wear them often. My main point in calling them boring is that black Saint Laurent skinny jeans are almost everything you see and have seen on those Saint Laurent fanpages on Instagram. It's the same with the black teddy jacket and black harness wyatt's etc. Those items just don't have a lot of character anymore, to me at least. I know that's rich coming from me who posted the FTF version of those boots just a few pages back but I'd feel bad pairing them with D02's to be honest.

Speaking of D02's I actually sold a 2018 pair a little while ago. Something about the crotch area just fits weird compared to Hedi era pairs and I noticed they were collecting dust in the back of the closet so I got rid of them. I lack any type of knowledge in this field but the best way to explain it is I somehow couldn't pull them up all the way even though they have more material to play with compared to older pairs. So yes, I am exposing myself as a true Hedi boy.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's weird how everyone is saying that skinny jeans are over as a fad and yet you still see them being sold by pretty much every brand.

Randeep

Reaction score
you can maybe pull it off if you're a pretty young dude (teen years), but older than that I'd say it'd look pretty weird

*lalala I'm not listening* :embar:

My main point in calling them boring is that black Saint Laurent skinny jeans are almost everything you see and have seen on those Saint Laurent fanpages on Instagram. It's the same with the black teddy jacket and black harness wyatt's etc. Those items just don't have a lot of character anymore, to me at least. I know that's rich coming from me who posted the FTF version of those boots just a few pages back but I'd feel bad pairing them with D02's to be honest.

I hear this a lot but it might just be because you're viewing life from the microcosm of these SL fan pages - the same microcosm I live in. In the real world, in fashion forward cities even, putting together slim-to-skinny pants, wyatts and a teddy/L17 I think still gives a considerably commanding look, even if it's played out. Plus its the minor details (accessories, attention to fit, stuff we discuss on these forums basically) which play a great deal in setting apart those that are trying to create a cookie-cutter wardrobe, from those where it looks effortlessly stylish.

And speaking of skinny jeans............ today's fit:

IMG_1687.jpg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I hear this a lot but it might just be because you're viewing life from the microcosm of these SL fan pages - the same microcosm I live in. In the real world, in fashion forward cities even, putting together slim-to-skinny pants, wyatts and a teddy/L17 I think still gives a considerably commanding look, even if it's played out. Plus its the minor details (accessories, attention to fit, stuff we discuss on these forums basically) which play a great deal in setting apart those that are trying to create a cookie-cutter wardrobe, from those where it looks effortlessly stylish.

Oh, definitely, I recognize that. In "the real world" it's still a very unique look and it will likely even get you compliments. On the internet, not so much. And a few rings with a necklace will always be a bonus for me.

However, when someone is asking for advice on these items specifically I think it's an important point to bring up.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score

To me it's not really worth talking about what's "in" or "out" of style. I understanding not wanting to look dated, but we all contribute to this thread because we like the SLP aesthetic and trends or whatever shouldn't have an impact on that. If you like the aesthetic, then IMO you should roll with it regardless of what's in style. And besides, wider leg silhouettes are coming into style, and eventually will fully push into the mainstream. Which means skinny styles will once again be avant-garde, and edgy. For my money, I'd rather be standing out than just doing what everyone else is. So wear skinny jeans as a statement of non-comformity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads