• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CODEx__

Reaction score
Hello! New to the forum, apologies if this is the wrong thread. I was wondering if there was a surefire way to tell if a pair of dior denim is from hedi era or not. I have heard in the past that kva didnt do darts or that kva only has smaller rises but I know that both of those aren't true. Is there a way to date dior denim from the tags or do I have to ask the seller? Thanks in advance!

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Hello! New to the forum, apologies if this is the wrong thread. I was wondering if there was a surefire way to tell if a pair of dior denim is from hedi era or not. I have heard in the past that kva didnt do darts or that kva only has smaller rises but I know that both of those aren't true. Is there a way to date dior denim from the tags or do I have to ask the seller? Thanks in advance!
yes, there is. On the wash tag there should be a string of numbers and letters, e.g 5EH1015678 E47 B6A8. The first number (5) refers to the year, so 2005. The next two letters refers to the season - EH for summer, HH for winter. The next 3 numbers refers to the type of clothing, 101 is for pants, not sure what other stuff is but I can check a few of my shirts and sweaters if anybody is interested. The next 4 letters (5678 in this example) refers to the specific garment. look for any wash tag starting with 0 (?) or maybe 1 (I can't recall seeing any stuff from super early hedi dior) up until 7. I've never personally owned KVA denim, but I've heard denim at the start of his tenure was very similar to hedi denim so if you find an 8 it probably won't be too far off

CODEx__

Reaction score
yes, there is. On the wash tag there should be a string of numbers and letters, e.g 5EH1015678 E47 B6A8. The first number (5) refers to the year, so 2005. The next two letters refers to the season - EH for summer, HH for winter. The next 3 numbers refers to the type of clothing, 101 is for pants, not sure what other stuff is but I can check a few of my shirts and sweaters if anybody is interested. The next 4 letters (5678 in this example) refers to the specific garment. look for any wash tag starting with 0 (?) or maybe 1 (I can't recall seeing any stuff from super early hedi dior) up until 7. I've never personally owned KVA denim, but I've heard denim at the start of his tenure was very similar to hedi denim so if you find an 8 it probably won't be too far off
Thank you very much! This worked for one pair I own, as well as the pair I was planning to purchase, however another pair that I own does not have this info on the wash tag. It's a made in Italy pair and it is 96% cotton 4% elastic if it matters. The tag next to the wash tag has the numbers 14861 133D007TX025 on it. Would you have any info on how to date a pair like this? Thanks again!

Randeep

Reaction score
Picked this up 65% off. Needed a backpack and for the price I figured sure why not.
Still kind of torn on it lol.

FWIW I think it's cool.

I mean... it's ... OK... I still wouldn't have purchased at 65% off (in fact, I try at little as possible to let the discount pricing sway purchases over objectively liking an item) and even less so if I was torn on whether to purchase. It looks a bit too busy to me and that would make it hard to pair up with multiple outfits.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I mean... it's ... OK... I still wouldn't have purchased at 65% off (in fact, I try at little as possible to let the discount pricing sway purchases over objectively liking an item) and even less so if I was torn on whether to purchase. It looks a bit too busy to me and that would make it hard to pair up with multiple outfits.

I'm the complete opposite. I pay a lot of attention to discounts just because I like that safety net of being able to sell something if it turns out I don't like the item. Although I'm not sure if there's a market for that bag.

Speaking of which I ordered a pair of SL jeans with knee rips from Yoox for €105. Looked like a pair of D18's from I could tell, not sure though until I get them in. Was thinking of using it as a work pair and absolutely rinsing them or I may just sell them immediately if I don't like the fit or whatever.

I don't consider myself a reseller at all, but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Thank you very much! This worked for one pair I own, as well as the pair I was planning to purchase, however another pair that I own does not have this info on the wash tag. It's a made in Italy pair and it is 96% cotton 4% elastic if it matters. The tag next to the wash tag has the numbers 14861 133D007TX025 on it. Would you have any info on how to date a pair like this? Thanks again!
I'm not sure how to date that pair besides its not a Hedi era pair of denim. iirc all of the hedi denim was either 100% cotton with the exception of a SS06 pair that was like 50% cotton and 50% rayon, but I could definitely be wrong on that

papillo

Reaction score
I'm the complete opposite. I pay a lot of attention to discounts just because I like that safety net of being able to sell something if it turns out I don't like the item. Although I'm not sure if there's a market for that bag.

Speaking of which I ordered a pair of SL jeans with knee rips from Yoox for €105. Looked like a pair of D18's from I could tell, not sure though until I get them in. Was thinking of using it as a work pair and absolutely rinsing them or I may just sell them immediately if I don't like the fit or whatever.

I don't consider myself a reseller at all, but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

But I think that goes to Randeep's point as more often than not, the reason most items go on deep discount is because they most likely didnt sell in the first place, so it its likely that something would be harder to move if you don't like it. I am also in the camp of only buying items i love without letting the fact that it is on sale influence my decision. Otherwise, it will just end up sitting unworn, difficult to move without slashing it heavily, and end up being costing more than the "sales price"

CODEx__

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to date that pair besides its not a Hedi era pair of denim. iirc all of the hedi denim was either 100% cotton with the exception of a SS06 pair that was like 50% cotton and 50% rayon, but I could definitely be wrong on that
I ended up finding more info on them - according to the seller they're from SS07 and I found another pair online that confirmed that so maybe they switched the tags for the last season or something? they also have a short inseam so I have no clue why the pair is the way it is lol. Thanks so much for all the info! I'll be sure to keep all this in mind when I buy in the future.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
But I think that goes to Randeep's point as more often than not, the reason most items go on deep discount is because they most likely didnt sell in the first place, so it its likely that something would be harder to move if you don't like it. I am also in the camp of only buying items i love without letting the fact that it is on sale influence my decision. Otherwise, it will just end up sitting unworn, difficult to move without slashing it heavily, and end up being costing more than the "sales price"

Good point. Sometimes it's even worth it to buy an item for retail because of it's hype and how limited it is.

However, I remember reading a Grailed article a while back that claimed SLP is still the seventh most sold brand on that website. Now I'm not saying you should sell on Grailed if you want to make money (those fees are insane), but I am saying that you're still able to move Saint Laurent on the second hand market either way.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I've never really perused Grailed. What are the top-five or six brands on that site, if you recall?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked this up 65% off. Needed a backpack and for the price I figured sure why not.
Still kind of torn on it lol.

I don't mind that backpack at all, in fact, kind of love it for the summer although it's too loud for me.

I have the classic black backpack which is a no brainer and a camouflage one from a few years ago, which I use only on occasion maybe weekends in a park or something.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Interesting. I've never really perused Grailed. What are the top-five or six brands on that site, if you recall?

I wasn't able to find the specific article I was talking about but this is an interesting one. https://www.grailed .com/drycleanonly/best-brands-of-the-year-2020 (I put a space in the link otherwise it goes to ebay).

Tl;dr: Saint Laurent was #6 in 2019 and #8 in 2020. Celine is one of the fastest growing brands on Grailed in 2020.

Bryan55

Reaction score

I use (and search) Grailed almost daily. It is amazing for hunting down good deals on designer good. Anything from NWT, gently used, samples pieces, runway pieces, items from old seasons pasts, and you pretty much have your pick of designers. I’ve also sold some stuff on it too and haven’t had a bad experience with either selling or buying.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's great to hear. I have this bias against used clothing but maybe I should shake that up à la some of our recent discussions on the Celine thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads