• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Flannel is very FW13 and I like it!
Which one you like? One in the Vouge picture or the one on the SLP site I posted?
Not sure if I should just order that one or wait to see if UK SLP get that one in the vouge pic.

LessIsMore233

Reaction score
would anyone just give me some advice on how to taper and hem jeans for wyatt boots

how much length do u guys usually have in inches or cm, for the stacking look with wyatt boots?
I have just make it 3-4 inches for extra length for stacking look, but I found it don't look good at all
at least not very like to people's pics on net

and also, how narrow will u guys set the hemming?
if shaft width is 28cm, will u taper the jeans to 30cm or 32cm? how wide it should be?

thanks!

Adamdraps

Reaction score
would anyone just give me some advice on how to taper and hem jeans for wyatt boots

how much length do u guys usually have in inches or cm, for the stacking look with wyatt boots?
I have just make it 3-4 inches for extra length for stacking look, but I found it don't look good at all
at least not very like to people's pics on net

and also, how narrow will u guys set the hemming?
if shaft width is 28cm, will u taper the jeans to 30cm or 32cm? how wide it should be?

thanks!

We wear skinny jeans with them. 14cm-15cm. Even 15.5cm is too wide for my taste.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had to taper my SL jeans. I always get the skinny low waist so they’re already very tapered and stack perfect.

Trixz

Reaction score
@LessIsMore233

The main issue with attempting to get the aesthetic down is proportions. The Wyatt shaft is skinny and D01 denim is slim denim (17-17.5 hem circumference), which makes the stack bulky and harder to achieve the proper stack because they bulb out from the Wyatt’s.

Personally, I’ve found my Wyatt’s don’t work with my D01 denim because of this very reason. You can hem them but they still won’t rest close to the boot. As for tapering them, it’s possible but a dicey game with designer denim.

In my experience the D02 (15-16 hem circumference) works much better with the Wyatt shaft for this very reason. They naturally stack nicely without heming if you are 5’8 or taller. If you are shorter you can just take an inch or two off and ask for the same hem from the cut to be reapplied. It just takes negotiating the other proportions such as waist, thigh, calf and mindset, if you are comfortable wearing tighter jeans that will stretch and fit like a glove.

It’s not impossible to do it with tailoring them. It will just take you some time to find the right fit and the risk of possibly going too slim/short and not liking the result. My advice is to try a pair of D02’s and go from there. If you don’t like the skinny fit you can always return them and go the D01 route.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
To add to what people have already said; It also depends on the season of the jeans. I have zero stack action with 2018 and later D02s but older pairs are a good 8 cm longer so they do give me some stackage.

There's no rule to follow unfortunately. It depends on your jeans and your proportions.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
New d02 length is still the same just fit looser in the waist compared to older hedi seasons.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
New d02 length is still the same just fit looser in the waist compared to older hedi seasons.

Which seasons are you referring to specifically? I am a 100% certain there is quite a difference in length between 2015 and 2018 D02s.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Is the current SS2021 version of the Teddy jacket a lighter weight than that of previous FW iterations? I know that there was a distinction between SS and FW versions in prior seasons, but does that still remain true today?

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Which seasons are you referring to specifically? I am a 100% certain there is quite a difference in length between 2015 and 2018 D02s.
I have denim from aw14 aw16 ss15 ss16 and fw18. Out of those I found my ss16 denim to be the loosest but most have the usual 34 inseam.

SpencerA

Reaction score
Some wearable stuff in the new collection, I think this jacket is pretty nice:

jacket.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads