• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

is this a tv show?
guy seems cool. i'm sure loads would have claimed to be best mates.

For some reason, I really like the look of his models for Dior Homme. Especially the fw05 show. But I agree both of those guys seem really down to earth.

This may be unnecessarily pessimistic, but I feel like a lot of people who work in fashion are insufferable pompous morons. I remember watching this Valentino documentary a few years back and was just disgusted by it. I can't bring myself to read actual fashion journalists.

Anyway, on VAT refunds, I believe you can send it in my mail after you get back to the states.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
For some reason, I really like the look of his models for Dior Homme. Especially the fw05 show. But I agree both of those guys seem really down to earth.

This may be unnecessarily pessimistic, but I feel like a lot of people who work in fashion are insufferable pompous morons. I remember watching this Valentino documentary a few years back and was just disgusted by it. I can't bring myself to read actual fashion journalists.

Anyway, on VAT refunds, I believe you can send it in my mail after you get back to the states.

No doubt about it. Just like any other specialized industry, the fashion world is very small and very much like high school from what I have read. Those dudes seem to be pretty cool!

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

You ever watched this documentary? You really shouldn't. Of course this was 20 years ago but you'll be cringing for the entire duration and by the end of it you'll think everyone in the fashion industry is a prick.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Recently invested in some SLP jeans, wondering if I can get a fit check.

D10

D02

I was concerned they'd be ridiculously tight cause I have kind of a big butt and thighs, but if anything I was pleasantly surprised they're a little loose around the waistline. That's my only issue with them, I think they could stand to be taken in. What do you guys think?

Just FYI I'm selling these two pairs if anyone's interested/is a 32 in D02/D10. They're basically new condition just with the tags cut off.

2015 - D10
nhsRrLJ.jpg

2018 - D02 coated black denim
dsiduNT.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt about it. Just like any other specialized industry, the fashion world is very small and very much like high school from what I have read. Those dudes seem to be pretty cool!

Similar to my experience. I've rubbed shoulders with a few in New York and Miami, nothing too chummy, but I've found them to be a mix of art nerds and surprisingly machismo types. The only times I've socialized with some people in the industry there's always champagne and there's a celebratory/promotion-like air, so I have probably only a rose-colored perspective. One great aspect is it does feel quite diverse (especially Miami), assuming you're dressed like you care. ;)

VanbyVB

Reaction score
Damn I don't think I've ever actually made an account. Pretty much stick to farfetch.

Are harness wyatt boots on any sort of sale on there?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Too bad Ssense prices are still extortionate if you're in Europe. Their jeans selection is wonderful though.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I don't think I've ever actually made an account. Pretty much stick to farfetch.

Are harness wyatt boots on any sort of sale on there?
There is Wyatt's galore. Discount is modest at the moment though.

Randeep

Reaction score
Pleased to say that after a concerted effort of shedding some of the pandemic weight (still a long way to go) I'm now able to don my FW15 D-Ring biker jacket.

To say I like it would be an understatement. The mutton (I think) leather feels and looks substantial, and, the reaaaally nice thing about this jacket is that the zippers/teeth are ever so slightly bigger than other SL leathers - gives it that little extra edge. Incidentally, unlike other SL leathers (that I'm aware of, which is... a few), these are Lampo branded on the back side.

IMG_6900.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an awesome jacket Randeep - love those extra zipper and hardware effects. Gives the jacket the perfect edge without overdoing it at all. Looking good my man! What type of leather is that? It looks substantial such as calf but subtle at the same time on the lamb side.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What an awesome jacket Randeep - love those extra zipper and hardware effects. Gives the jacket the perfect edge without overdoing it at all. Looking good my man! What type of leather is that? It looks substantial such as calf but subtle at the same time on the lamb side.
He said it was "mutton", which from what I've been able to learn is indeed a more substantial form of lamb. That is a really nice jacket. I've also seen another mutton one that has a removable belt and sleeves that you can remove by unzipping.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, missed that part, yes, makes a ton of sense since I saw it as carrying properties of the usual calf and the buttery lamb.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, missed that part, yes, makes a ton of sense since I saw it as carrying properties of the usual calf and the buttery lamb.
Yeah, I figure you overlooked that. This is the other mutton one I've seen. I dig it, but not sure I like the detachable sleeves. I would never wear it without the sleeves, and I wonder if the zippers would be uncomfortable. This one has been up on gr@iled for an eternity it seems
IMG_5890.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads