• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randeep

Reaction score
What size leg opening are your jeans? I'm trying to get that similar look where the jeans are tight and grip the boot (at least it looks like it's holding on) without it being too tight.

These are just a pair of cheap asos super skinny jeans I'm making do with at the moment. Don't have a tape but I'd guess they are 13.5-14. I don't mind this tight because the shaft on most of my boots are very fitted. That, in conjunction with the stacks mellows out the restricted apperance a bit. My SL jeans I usually wear are 14-15cm. 14 is my fave. Anyway with better quality jeans (I've found), due to their thickness and or drape the denim in question has, I've found they still tend to give a good stack/look skinny.

So I ended up biting the bullet on this belt. I figured if it doesn't fit or I don't like it I can resell it. I'll admit, as you point out, I'm not in love with the lack of black finishing on it. In fact I started to really second-guess myself that it might be fake, but getting it in-hand I don't think so.

As I mentioned previously, googling the stylecode at the time would have indicated to you that this is a 20/21SS belt. Actually having just tried that now I can see google only provides a link to this thread. Personally, I would not be satisfied with the belt you have, and you've just added fuel to the fire in my mind by pointing out it lacks the aged look of the original. Wearing a western belt full stop for me is "out there" due to its tendency to look cosplay - Hedi's hit the nail on the head as has been exemplified in the picture RedVelvetWounds posted above. So, nice to see Vacarello wipe out the finesse the original one had :)

For what it's worth though - I think I've worn mine maybe twice since purchasing. Don't think I'd sell though as there'll come one day I'll really want to wear it.

Here's a couple of pics I took in the morning, compared to the high shine 3 passant:

thumbnail_IMG_5846.jpeg

thumbnail_IMG_5850.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great looking belts there! Very elegant.

Anyone have experience with a light suede leather jacket? I've been wearing my black leather jackets non-stop and really feeling it, but don't have a light shade. This one caught my eye:

1620048572500.png

1620048585296.png

1620048607337.png

giasty

Reaction score
Hi everybody
The last weekend I went to Milan in order to look for a leather jacket for me
I went to SL and Celine's boutiques for my first time.

I tried pretty the entire collection of leathers, and the piece I liked most is the "denim style" one.
On website there are 2 models of "denim style" leather jackets, the one I tried is this:
Unfortunately they didn't have the availability of the second one (@SirGrotius, you will recognize it :cheers: )

Does anybody tried both of them and can say the differences? It seems that the second one is not made by lamb skin, so maybe it is stiffer. Sizes could be the same?
What do you think of it on me? I'm surprised to find that, in my opinion, that size 44 seems perfect!!!I thought i needed a 42....

Last question, do you think these pieces go on sales on July? I like it a lot, but as you know the price of such a piece...is important.

I also tried other things, for example the leather pants (size 44); what do you guys think about that? Actually I liked them much more then expected!!!!! But I think that I would not use them more than few times...in a year. Also with them, doed somebody know if they can go on sales (if the size remains available...)?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 182

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Giasty - I have that first jacket! It's my favorite jacket, bar none. The lamb is so subtle, and you are so on the dot, I was thinking the same thing, the 44 is perfect, since it's a skinny cut on me (sometimes I size down to 42, but wouldn't be able to do with this bad boy). I like that it has an interior pocket too and I like the slight sheen. The other jacket of course is more of a muted matte look, and if calf will be stiffer, but more rugged, so a different beast for wearing.

It fits you great, IMO. The sleeves will come up maybe a touch with wear, since there will be creasing at the elbows over time.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Before I list more broadly, I have a spare pair of BNIB Sz 42 suede jodphurs that I'm looking to clear from my office/storage (it's being converted to a nursery). Also have my MA-1 too :redface:

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
Hi everybody
The last weekend I went to Milan in order to look for a leather jacket for me
I went to SL and Celine's boutiques for my first time.

I tried pretty the entire collection of leathers, and the piece I liked most is the "denim style" one.
On website there are 2 models of "denim style" leather jackets, the one I tried is this:
Unfortunately they didn't have the availability of the second one (@SirGrotius, you will recognize it :cheers: )

Does anybody tried both of them and can say the differences? It seems that the second one is not made by lamb skin, so maybe it is stiffer. Sizes could be the same?
What do you think of it on me? I'm surprised to find that, in my opinion, that size 44 seems perfect!!!I thought i needed a 42....

Last question, do you think these pieces go on sales on July? I like it a lot, but as you know the price of such a piece...is important.

I also tried other things, for example the leather pants (size 44); what do you guys think about that? Actually I liked them much more then expected!!!!! But I think that I would not use them more than few times...in a year. Also with them, doed somebody know if they can go on sales (if the size remains available...)?

Jacket looks good.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Just an FYI to everyone, DO NOT SHOP WITH SLP.com. I recently returned two items with them, a pair of jeans and a belt and included them in the same box. I never received my refund from them so I called into customer service. They indicated that they never received the belt I sent back. They completed an investigation with their fulfillment warehouse and said the belt was not located. I complained to a manager and she said there was nothing she could do. $425 I get to pay for a terrible experience with SLP.com and their customer service associates. I have ordered multiple items from their site but I never will be shopping with them directly again. If you do end up shopping with them directly do not send your items back in one box, send them back in each of the boxes they come in.

I am going to try Fedex next and then my card issuer. It could have been stolen from the package I suppose when people see the destination.

Last edited:

funkyprez

Reaction score
DM me if interested in Dakota boots size 44 (fits small, like 43-43.5)

NIB, heel tabs added but never made it into my rotation, so never worn outside.

Attachments

• 20B8D4DF-4098-4EEC-82D1-57FDF7E8958B.jpeg
    20B8D4DF-4098-4EEC-82D1-57FDF7E8958B.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 160

VanbyVB

Reaction score
Aside from VAT, is it cheaper to buy in Paris/EU in general compared to ordering online in the states? As cliche as it is, the SLP double rider leather jacket is still my ultimate grail and at this point I'm thinking about just factoring in a stop in Paris to get it the next time I make it to Europe (in the post-covid world). Any tips for shopping overseas in general? Is it worth it? Or would I better off hunting for a deal through FB groups and whatnot? I'd probably be a 54 (possibly even a 56) so my size doesn't come up that often on grailed and similar sites.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aside from VAT, is it cheaper to buy in Paris/EU in general compared to ordering online in the states? As cliche as it is, the SLP double rider leather jacket is still my ultimate grail and at this point I'm thinking about just factoring in a stop in Paris to get it the next time I make it to Europe (in the post-covid world). Any tips for shopping overseas in general? Is it worth it? Or would I better off hunting for a deal through FB groups and whatnot? I'd probably be a 54 (possibly even a 56) so my size doesn't come up that often on grailed and similar sites.
Yeah it'd be cheaper to buy one in the eu, but you have to fill out the vat refund slip. Plus, you're supposed to declare items worth over $800 when you arrive back in this god forsaken country, and for some reason not doing so always makes me paranoid. It probably has something to do with how Americans live in fear of the government.

VanbyVB

Reaction score
1. Go to France wearing some throwaway jacket
2. Get SLP
3. Throw away old jacket
4. Wear SLP on the way back
5. Profit

:D

They're supposed to check that it's unworn for the VAT refund but I didn't have that happen when I got my burberry trench in London. And in Japan you just drop the receipts off in a basket and they apply the refund at time of purchase.

But yeah, this might be the move hahaha

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IME it might be slightly cheaper but not really worth the hassle! CDG has made it more streamlined to get those VAT refunds, but still sort of annoying. I don't remember having to pay any additional duties when entering the states at least after. That said, the Paris boutiques tend to be awesome I just go with whatever inspiration hits me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads