• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
First of all she needs to clean that muck from beneath her nails, though I'd still permit her scratching me the **** up.

Second of all, if you google ""352958 B0R0E" you'll find one broken link that intimates that the above belt is from 2021/22 season. The men's are 20mm and the women's 16mm in width I think - for the 3 passant - but I don't know if that size ratio applies to the western belt. Furthermore, not sure if my eyes are playing tricks but the buckle/clip/loop looks slightly oversized in the above? Anyway by all accounts it's not "the one" I think you're most be happy with i.e. the earlier season men's SL belts from Hedi.

So I ended up biting the bullet on this belt. I figured if it doesn't fit or I don't like it I can resell it. I'll admit, as you point out, I'm not in love with the lack of black finishing on it. In fact I started to really second-guess myself that it might be fake, but getting it in-hand I don't think so. If any L/Cers out there want to take a look here are some detailed shots.

IMG_0254.jpg

What do you guys think? Do you prefer the black detail versions? The seller listed this as a women's belt, I'm curious if she can give me the season date (might be Vaccarello). Still it seems to be the same size as a men's, 20mm across. I think you're right Randeep that I could go for a 95 to get more of an overhang look, but this sits pretty perfect in the middle hole so probably the conventionally "correct" size.

There's a seller who has a 95 with black detailing on Grailed right now and I've considered trading up. However he put an extra hole in it and he's asking for $405, so I'd have to talk him down. I could just keep obsessively refreshing looking for a fresh listing. Time will tell but I think this was a good buy at $200 in new condition and I think I could get that back if I resold.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I think it looks cool.

For the fw14 suede trapper jacket, are we going tts in this? Is it possible to go down a size?
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 7.01.35 PM.png

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I'd go tts. I'd say it fits like the current 70s trucker jacket in suede from Celine but size down from the current suede trucker jackets from Slp since I can fit into a 50 from them pretty easily. There should be measurements of this jacket on the therealreal or grailed. Heres the 52 on me in the pic
IMG_4434.JPG

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go tts. I'd say it fits like the current 70s trucker jacket in suede from Celine but size down from the current suede trucker jackets from Slp since I can fit into a 50 from them pretty easily. There should be measurements of this jacket on the therealreal or grailed. Heres the 52 on me in the pic
View attachment 1600662
Excellent dude. What an amazing jacket.

Yes, I've looked at some measurements on grailed, which have given me the impression that I might be able to fit a size down from my usual. What I'm unclear on, however, is how it fits in the arms. Do you think you could've done a 50 in that jacket, or is it pretty tight on you in certain areas?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that suede jacket! I like the belt too. It looks legit from a general perspective, although I do not personally own a SLP belt.

youwhat

Reaction score
the black suede version fits slightly smaller than the tan suede one.

i would say yes, you can size down in it (the tan one). its not that tight.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the measurements on that black suede one do indeed look much slimmer than the ones I"ve seen for the tan one. A lot of the pics I've seen of people wearing the tan one seem to have it looking a bit looser than your typical Hedi Slimane jacket. The other thing is that the shoulder measurements are a tad bit wider than a lot of the other Hedi Slimane leathers I've seen.
heditrapper.jpg
FC2752C782204BA18B2326735C95C08F.jpg
999370CEE18640CFA17811905FB18261.jpg
saint-laurent-beige-camel-suede-hedi-jacket-product-1-23255716-2-929889673-normal.jpeg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
So I ended up biting the bullet on this belt. I figured if it doesn't fit or I don't like it I can resell it. I'll admit, as you point out, I'm not in love with the lack of black finishing on it. In fact I started to really second-guess myself that it might be fake, but getting it in-hand I don't think so. If any L/Cers out there want to take a look here are some detailed shots.

View attachment 1599275

What do you guys think? Do you prefer the black detail versions? The seller listed this as a women's belt, I'm curious if she can give me the season date (might be Vaccarello). Still it seems to be the same size as a men's, 20mm across. I think you're right Randeep that I could go for a 95 to get more of an overhang look, but this sits pretty perfect in the middle hole so probably the conventionally "correct" size.

There's a seller who has a 95 with black detailing on Grailed right now and I've considered trading up. However he put an extra hole in it and he's asking for $405, so I'd have to talk him down. I could just keep obsessively refreshing looking for a fresh listing. Time will tell but I think this was a good buy at $200 in new condition and I think I could get that back if I resold.

I really like the belt and I feel like you could pull it off as a guy as well. Length seems good too.

I doubt it's the same one but it's a cool fit and you could definitely go for a classic SL fit like this. Even just the black jeans with the belt and whatever on top is clean.
149404999_114943677168433_3719885361115276030_n.jpg

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
I really like the belt and I feel like you could pull it off as a guy as well. Length seems good too.

I doubt it's the same one but it's a cool fit and you could definitely go for a classic SL fit like this. Even just the black jeans with the belt and whatever on top is clean.
View attachment 1601111
Nice, good find. Do you know what season that photo's from?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads