• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Franky Paige

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm going w the 40. The only thing now is figuring out what is the difference in color; tobacco, tan and light cigar. Depending on which site, the color is different. Anyone know which color way is nicer?

silentownage001

Reaction score
Incidentally I've gone into the office for once, wearing my ocher pair, so obligatory pic:

View attachment 1597060

What size leg opening are your jeans? I'm trying to get that similar look where the jeans are tight and grip the boot (at least it looks like it's holding on) without it being too tight. Currently, my Levis drape over it cleanly with a 13 inch opening. I feel like it flares slightly too much and I think I'll get it tapered. I think the length is good though on mine and they hit at a similar point to yours.

My Express jeans have a slightly tighter leg opening, but it's a bit messy and not as clean with how it stacks like yours with the creases/folds.

My last thought is it's the fabric and not just the measurements to get this look.

Whenever I get mine back from SLP repairing them I can post pics. I'm trying to get multiple opinions before going to the tailor. I have a hard time getting my jeans right.

Thanks everyone. I'm going w the 40. The only thing now is figuring out what is the difference in color; tobacco, tan and light cigar. Depending on which site, the color is different. Anyone know which color way is nicer?

I have light tobacco and quite like it. To me it depends on if you want more of a tan color or something that is more brown. A lot of people like the colors that are similar to ocher and nut.

It also pays to look at different retailers. I found out from a store that there are colors SLP doesn't have access to. I've seen the light tobacco on Ssense in both 30 and 40 heels, whereas the YSL site has light tobacco on the 30 and more of a brown shade on the 40 that they just call tan.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Most of my leg openings for denim are 5.5in or 6in whether it's d02s or john Elliott denim while I go for 7in on trousers. I wouldn't wanna go above 7in for denim leg opening unless its flares

Last edited:

silentownage001

Reaction score
Most of my leg openings for denim are 5.5in or 6in whether it's d02s or john Elliott denim while I go for 7cm on trousers. I wouldn't wanna go above 7in for denim leg opening unless its flares

Good to know. 6 inches seems a good starting point as it isn't that much tighter than one of my current pairs. I've been shooting for a balance between having them tight enough with the boots, but not too tight that they look weird with sneakers. For the length I want them long enough to have just a slight break on top of the sneaker so they aren't cropped, but still a good length to sit nicely on the boot. I may just need separate jeans for different shoes if it doesn't work how I want it to.

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHO is a size 50 and wants a classic L01 for cheap????? Someone buy this thing jeez why is it so hard to sell it for $1800?????

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Throw it up on second hand sites with a detailed description and measurements. Then be patient.
I've seen a couple sellers explicitly state "don't ask me for measurements" in their ads. To me, this sounds so ******* dumb. First off, you're the person whose trying to sell something: why wouldn't you attempt to entice buyers? Secondly, and even more importantly, a tape measure costs like a dollar. If you're worried about people calling you out for incorrect measurements, simply state that you took measurements to your best ability; or put up pics with the tape measure over the garment in key areas. Not everyone is going to have access to people who know exactly how these garments fit, and searching on the internet isn't always that reliable.

sorry for the diatribe.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I've seen a couple sellers explicitly state "don't ask me for measurements" in their ads. To me, this sounds so ******* dumb. First off, you're the person whose trying to sell something: why wouldn't you attempt to entice buyers? Secondly, and even more importantly, a tape measure costs like a dollar. If you're worried about people calling you out for incorrect measurements, simply state that you took measurements to your best ability; or put up pics with the tape measure over the garment in key areas. Not everyone is going to have access to people who know exactly how these garments fit, and searching on the internet isn't always that reliable.

sorry for the diatribe.

Not to mention Grailed literally tells you there is a whatever% higher chance of a sale if you include measurements. I have no idea why you wouldn't include them, unless it's a very oversized piece in which case it won't be that relevant?

You could also just look up the item online. Webstores like Ssense, End and Matches Fashion always have the exact measurements of their items online, so just screenshot that if you don't want to measure yourself. The Matches and End pages stay online even if the item is sold out.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Just copy and paste measurements from one of the l01s listed on Grailed. There’s almost 10 or more on their. Go look at sold listings if your size isn’t being sold.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just copy and paste measurements from one of the l01s listed on Grailed. There’s almost 10 or more on their. Go look at sold listings if your size isn’t being sold.
Bro, I just discovered a couple days ago that you can search for sold listings on grailed.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great way to see how hard you can lowball a seller.
Yep. But also for finding out how much particular type of stuff is going for in general. If I were a seller, I would also consult it to see what my chances would be for certain items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads