• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Yeah I think both are just too big. The thing with SLP jeans is that they'll stretch anyway so I'd rather go on the tighter side, especially on the waist. That's not the case for mid waist jeans (because that's just uncomfortable) but it's definitely my prefered route for the D02's. Not sure what season your D02's are from but they'll likely be fine through the leg even if you go down a size since they don't make them as tight anymore.
I was afraid of that - buying off Grailed sucks sometimes. I think I'll keep them though and see about having the waist taken in, cause I do like the look/fit in general. But maybe in the future reach for some 31s or even 30s (these are both 32s).

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I was afraid of that - buying off Grailed sucks sometimes. I think I'll keep them though and see about having the waist taken in, cause I do like the look/fit in general. But maybe in the future reach for some 31s or even 30s (these are both 32s).

You can just throw them back on Grailed (I believe their relisting process is really simple) for a higher price and see what happens, just to see if there's any interest. Saint Laurent is still the seventh best selling brand on the website.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bryan I like that trucker; it reminds me of mine, which is almost a daily wearer. It's a bit of a compliment magnet for whatever reason, as a heads up. Very buttery.

I'm wearing it today, which is similar sans some of the ribbing which I like too.
Photo on 4-20-21 at 9.40 AM #7.jpg

Here's the code if it's a modicum of assistance:
IMG_0778.jpeg

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
I posted about the western belt a little while back - This seller has one listed as a women's belt. Is there any difference between it and a men's version? I know it's a thin belt and it looks to be roughly the same as the men's.
1618934150172.png

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cool belt. I doubt there'd be much difference between men and women's versions. SLP sells men's belts that are very thin, 2 cm, is that the same as the belt you posted?

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Looks like a cool belt. I doubt there'd be much difference between men and women's versions. SLP sells men's belts that are very thin, 2 cm, is that the same as the belt you posted?
Contacted the seller who said 'about an inch' as they don't have it on-hand right now. That sounds par for course for these belts to me, I think I usually see them listed around 3/4 of an inch.

rire

Reaction score
I recently got this pair of D01's (production year 2012) and the leg opening is 5,5" (14 cm). Were they really manufactured like that? I thought this was D02 territory... My blue D01's from 2013 have the standard 6" leg opening so I'm confused.

Trixz

Reaction score
I recently got this pair of D01's (production year 2012) and the leg opening is 5,5" (14 cm). Were they really manufactured like that? I thought this was D02 territory... My blue D01's from 2013 have the standard 6" leg opening so I'm confused.

Do they say, D01 W/SK?

If so those are women’s skinny jeans.

Franky Paige

Reaction score
I just wanted to get some opinions on the heel height for the Saint Laurent Wyatt Chelsea Boots. What’s your more preferred height the 30 or 40?

Randeep

Reaction score
I posted about the western belt a little while back - This seller has one listed as a women's belt. Is there any difference between it and a men's version? I know it's a thin belt and it looks to be roughly the same as the men's.
View attachment 1596685

First of all she needs to clean that muck from beneath her nails, though I'd still permit her scratching me the **** up.

Second of all, if you google ""352958 B0R0E" you'll find one broken link that intimates that the above belt is from 2021/22 season. The men's are 20mm and the women's 16mm in width I think - for the 3 passant - but I don't know if that size ratio applies to the western belt. Furthermore, not sure if my eyes are playing tricks but the buckle/clip/loop looks slightly oversized in the above? Anyway by all accounts it's not "the one" I think you're most be happy with i.e. the earlier season men's SL belts from Hedi.

I just wanted to get some opinions on the heel height for the Saint Laurent Wyatt Chelsea Boots. What’s your more preferred height the 30 or 40?

40 is better in every way and this heel height vs 30 is very easy to get accustomed to. 40 is just so much more elegant/special whereas 30 is just boring.

Incidentally I've gone into the office for once, wearing my ocher pair, so obligatory pic:

IMG_5238.jpg

Last edited:

Franky Paige

Reaction score
First of all she needs to clean that muck from behind her nails, though I'd still permit her scratching me the **** up.

Second of all, if you google ""352958 B0R0E" you'll find one broken link that intimates that the above belt is from 2021/22 season. The men's are 20mm and the women's 16mm in width I think - for the 3 passant - but I don't know if that size ratio applies to the western belt. Furthermore, not sure if my eyes are playing tricks but the buckle/clip/loop looks slightly oversized in the above? Anyway by all accounts it's not "the one" I think you're most be happy with i.e. the earlier season men's SL belts from Hedi.

40 is better in every way and this heel height vs 30 is very easy to get accustomed to. 40 is just so much more elegant/special whereas 30 is just boring.

Incidentally I've gone into the office for once, wearing my ocher pair, so obligatory pic:

View attachment 1597060
Oh, those look really good on. Well, that makes my decision easy. Thank you so much for sharing the pic!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've oddly never gotten into the SL boot game except a pair of the combat boots (side zip in black) which I love to pieces. Randeep's picture sold me on that particular pair, which I'll copy unabashedly. ;)

Would it be a complete faux pas to add what is the latest advice on Wyatt sizing? Just go TTS or up or down a touch? It's incredible how many boots YSL has on their web-store. It's almost a 10:1 ratio relative to Celine. I suppose it's an easy revenue stream.

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
I've tended to stick TTS with 90% of my boots across seasons, the jodhpurs (no matter the year) being the most deviant in that I could go half a size down comfortably, and a full size a little more snugly.

I'm a true 43, the above pair from FW13 are a 43.5 but they don't feel big at all - the shaft is considerably skinnier than on later iterations (I'll post a pic later to illustrate). I've got the 2016 version too when they got re-introduced, and I assume is the pair you're looking at i.e. WYATT CHELSEA BOOT IN SUEDE

If so then I found them TTS (43) so my recommendation would be TTS for you too. Incidentally, the other nice thing is that the webstore pair is as close as you'll get to the ocher shade from FW13, if you're as neurotic as me about things like that ;)

I agree on the webstore offerings - sometimes too much choice is a _bad_ thing, but nice to see Kering churn out every permutation possible using Hedi's last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads