• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Super helpful above. I went with the black SL hoodie because I can never have enough of those (love the little pop of color in the center) and the sneakers, which have quickly rocketed to some of my favorites. Very different than my current Dior-forward collection.

Still vacillating on the jeans. Love the wash, knee blow outs are difficult on me, since they'll probably be too low (I'm 5'6"!), but point well taken that the distressing is otherwise somewhat random. As if I were really into sanding and got a little overzealous on the thigh. ;)

We similar in height. Im just under 5ft 7.
Do you usually get your SL Jeans hemmed in length? Also do you do anything else in terms of changes?
I always feel nervous when getting anything other then hemming done to jeans that cost this much!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We similar in height. Im just under 5ft 7.
Do you usually get your SL Jeans hemmed in length? Also do you do anything else in terms of changes?
I always feel nervous when getting anything other then hemming done to jeans that cost this much!

I definitely get all my SL jeans hemmed - usually they take off two-three inches, IIRC. I've never had anything else done to my jeans, whereas with suiting I usually need to take in the seat of the pants too and have the legs tapered. Usually the SL jeans cut is spot on.

nekromantik

Reaction score
I definitely get all my SL jeans hemmed - usually they take off two-three inches, IIRC. I've never had anything else done to my jeans, whereas with suiting I usually need to take in the seat of the pants too and have the legs tapered. Usually the SL jeans cut is spot on.

Yeah I only got 1 pair of SL jeans from 2015 I think. Still need to get them hemmed!
The non Hedi ones all seem to be a bit baggy for me on thighs as well.

silentownage001

Reaction score
Presumably, the insole on the right boot would be easy for a cobbler to fix? I had noticed this a while back shortly after I started wearing them. I probably could have exchanged them as I hadn't worn them outside at that point. I just didn't think it would peel more so quickly.

Attachments

• IMG_2480.jpg
    IMG_2480.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2481.jpg
    IMG_2481.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 106

papillo

Reaction score
What is the opinion on these distressed jeans and sneakers? I own zero distressed jeans but I kind of like the wash of these. View attachment 1589001

I like them. They look good and the wash is perfect for the summer. Another positive is that its not too distressed I own, and wear quite a few distressed denim still, especially on warmer days and evenings, and mine are a lot more distressed than that one. Here is a pic of one from when I purchased it a few years back:

Bryan55

Reaction score
Looking for an ID and the pics attached. Anyone know a better code or info on this trucker?
CEE610FC-841B-4A2A-9432-95698C13C9FE.png
75A49B3D-E166-4EFF-AD58-E21542F81BDB.png

giasty

Reaction score
Hi everybody
Last week I made my first order from SL website. It is the first time I try SL pieces!!!! I wanted to understand wearability and how SL's sizes are.

I tried these 2:

What do you think?
- I like the denim jacket (I don't have one yet!!!!), but the shoulder to shoulder size seems a big too large for me. Other dimension seems ok, sleeves, total lenght... But I think shoulder are not ok to confirm this piece.
- Leather jacket: it is a bit loose. Better (a bit slimmer) then a Celine leather jacket I tried 2 weeks ago, but still not 100 % ok. I wonder how can be a size 42 from SL. Maybe I have the possibility to have one of them, buying it from US to Italy (here in Italy, Milan boutique says he can't have size 42), but I don't know how can be about duties, or refund in case I don't like the fit...

Attachments

• 20210418_120132.jpg
    20210418_120132.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210418_120155.jpg
    20210418_120155.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210418_120523.jpg
    20210418_120523.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210418_120625.jpg
    20210418_120625.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 115

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody
Last week I made my first order from SL website. It is the first time I try SL pieces!!!! I wanted to understand wearability and how SL's sizes are.

I tried these 2:

What do you think?
- I like the denim jacket (I don't have one yet!!!!), but the shoulder to shoulder size seems a big too large for me. Other dimension seems ok, sleeves, total lenght... But I think shoulder are not ok to confirm this piece.
- Leather jacket: it is a bit loose. Better (a bit slimmer) then a Celine leather jacket I tried 2 weeks ago, but still not 100 % ok. I wonder how can be a size 42 from SL. Maybe I have the possibility to have one of them, buying it from US to Italy (here in Italy, Milan boutique says he can't have size 42), but I don't know how can be about duties, or refund in case I don't like the fit...
I think the denim jacket looks ok, although I'm not quite sure how it's intended to look. I think you need to go down to a 42 in the leather. I'm baffled as to why the Italian store can't just ship you one from another country--although maybe this is related to the pandemic.

I haven't tried this personally, but I wonder if a woman's jacket wouldn't work well for you. I'd try searching this thread for information on that, as I seem to remember people with slimmer measurements going that route.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luigi - those are Paraboots. I'm not 100% sure on the model, something similar to the Paris. I picked them up at a Paraboot boutique in France a few years ago and they are EXCELLENT shoes for inclement weather and all rounders. Love them and wish I had more. They're more difficult to find in the States of course.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
Recently invested in some SLP jeans, wondering if I can get a fit check.

D10

D02

I was concerned they'd be ridiculously tight cause I have kind of a big butt and thighs, but if anything I was pleasantly surprised they're a little loose around the waistline. That's my only issue with them, I think they could stand to be taken in. What do you guys think?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look awesome. Yes that’s roomier than I’d expect in the waist although not absurdly so. Most of mine have an inch or two give to guess it.

I have one like that - it depends on the season and tbh I’ve grown to like them especially for that reason sometimes. I’ve never had the waist or seat of my jeans altered although almost always have them hemmed a couple inches.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Yeah I think both are just too big. The thing with SLP jeans is that they'll stretch anyway so I'd rather go on the tighter side, especially on the waist. That's not the case for mid waist jeans (because that's just uncomfortable) but it's definitely my prefered route for the D02's. Not sure what season your D02's are from but they'll likely be fine through the leg even if you go down a size since they don't make them as tight anymore.

giasty

Reaction score
I think the denim jacket looks ok, although I'm not quite sure how it's intended to look. I think you need to go down to a 42 in the leather. I'm baffled as to why the Italian store can't just ship you one from another country--although maybe this is related to the pandemic.

I haven't tried this personally, but I wonder if a woman's jacket wouldn't work well for you. I'd try searching this thread for information on that, as I seem to remember people with slimmer measurements going that route.

I’m baffled myself; the guy of Milan’s boutique who answered at the phone said me that, for SL, US market is separated from European, and from Asia, so that he can order from every boutique in Europe, but he can’t order something from outside Europe. I know that at NYC boutique some sizes 42 exist, it’s incredible I can’t try them in Italy/Europe....

For denim, maybe it is intended to look in that way? Now I notice that there are some others denim jackets called “fitted jacket....”, I found some measurements (from Grailed items) and it seems that they are significantly smaller in the shoulder to shoulder size. I think I will try...

Woman’s jacket could be an idea; actually I don’t know which size could correspond to a men’s 42 (woman 42?). Surely I will try searching this thread as you suggest!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads